***The Officially Official Training Camp 2013 Thread (Officially)***

Thank you chevss for all the tweet captures. Despite having reporters live at the joint practice, they are spending most of this day on NFLN talking about RILEY COOPER YE GODS ENOUGH ALREADY. Thank goodness for Sean O'Hara the voice of reason.

James Scholey ‏<s>@</s>JamesLUFC <small class="time"> 1m </small> Cringeworthy reading tweets from Eagles best writers about Brady. Like they've never seen a QB before. <s>#</s>Eagles
Norm Van Brocklin was a long time ago. Though watching Tebow's bounce passes probably bring in the Philly BOO reflex because it reminds them of McPuke. ROFL

@ClaytonESPN "I find the fact that he's been allowed back so early a slap in the face to Black America." -Stephen A. Smith #boycott #eagles

:facepalm:
I guess SAS forgot that he said the N word directly to another man on live TV on FT and never suffered a single repercussion from it nor any outrage by all and sundry. It wasn't even that long ago. I made a thread in the PF a bout it.

1. Eric Galko ‏<s>@</s>OptimumScouting <small class="time"> 19m </small>
    <s>#</s>EaglesCamp wrapped up for today. Will be tweeting some initial thoughts, but feel free to shoot me any questions. On <s>#</s>Eagles or <s>#</s>Patriots.
    Expand

2. chevss454 Will S. ‏<s>@</s>animedpet <small class="time"> 10m </small>
    <s>@</s>OptimumScouting What's your impression of the Pats' WR's? Pats fans are very happy with them so far. Too bad you didn't see more of Dobson
    Expand

3. Eric Galko ‏<s>@</s>OptimumScouting <small class="time"> 1m </small>
    <s>@</s>animedpet Thompkins and Boyce being as good as they are is awesome news. Dobson just needs to be vertical presence. Solid but untested unit

Chip Kelley said he and BB decided if a fight broke out both players would be benched no matter who started it. Dobson got benched even though he didn't start the scuffle.

Chip Kelley said he and BB decided if a fight broke out both players would be benched no matter who started it. Dobson got benched even though he didn't start the scuffle.

Good. Practice time is at such a premium now with the new CBA that they can't afford to have guys fighting and interrupting it.

Some pleasing unbiased opinions :

Daniel Jeremiah‏@MoveTheSticks2m
I was very impressed by Patriots WR Kenbrell Thompkins. He's a long, athletic dude with strong hands. Brady found him a bunch today.

PatriotsXLVIII‏@PatriotsXLVIII2m
More Mayock: "The #Patriots offensively are going to be really good, just about as good as last year, which was best in the league."

I was very impressed by Patriots WR Kenbrell Thompkins. He's a long, athletic dude with strong hands. Brady found him a bunch today.

More Mayock: "The #Patriots offensively are going to be really good, just about as good as last year, which was best in the league."

I really like reading what the media/blogger scouts have to say.

Erik Galko is the head scout for OptimumScouting. He was very impressed with the Pats' rookies. He will focus more on Collins tomorrow.

Eric Galko ‏<s>@</s>OptimumScouting <small class="time"> 2m </small> Seconded. RT <s>@</s>MoveTheSticks: I was very impressed by Patriots WR Kenbrell Thompkins. He's a long, athletic dude with strong hands.

I ducked over to the eagles message board, and it pretty much read exactly opposite, they were upset about defense, happy about offense, but mostly pissed that the Eagles writers were blowing Brady so much.

http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/672769-86-training-camp-thread/

<!--cached-Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:40:53 +0000-->What do you think the chances are of us slipping an Eagles jersey on Brady and no one notices?

<HR><!--post:17714823-->#14 eagles_crazy

eagles_crazy
  • Hall-of-Famer
  • photo-thumb-160261.jpg
  • Members
  • bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
    bullet_black.png
  • 8,927 posts
  • Team:Eagles

Posted <ABBR title=2013-08-06T16:43:17+00:00 class=published itemprop="commentTime">Today, 11:43 AM</ABBR>
<!--cached-Tue, 06 Aug 2013 16:44:09 +0000-->Pegger, on 06 August 2013 - 11:40 AM, said:
What do you think the chances are of us slipping an Eagles jersey on Brady and no one notices?

They will notice as soon as he starts throwing. "Who is that qb on the field hitting wr's in stride on a consistent basis?

ROFL ROFL

In between all the Cooper angst they did manage to squeeze in a few minutes with Mayock on NFLN where I heard him say this also. Pretty stunned. He loves Amendola as TB's "security blanket" and said he got away from whatever a CB tried to do to him. He also says he's in awe of how fast TB can decipher the D then get rid of the ball. He called him "Picasso" I believe. He likes Nink, & Jones. He hasn't seen much of Collins yet because he was concentrating elsewhere. I have a feeling we'll hear more about Collins from him tomorrow if he is there.

Another thanks to everybody that brought us all that good stuff. :thumb: made for some great reading despite the twitter format.

The thing I'm happiest about is that, unlike last year, there was nothing about the Eagles front shredding our OL which helped precipitate the now-forgotten "our OL can't pass block anymore" crisis of 2012.

I figure since Brady went about 139 of 143 for 1600 yards and 28TDs then things must be pretty much under control.

Anybody that watched last year's preseason game vs. Philly saw Brady under constant pressure and let's hope Friday night shows the opposite.

Back