The remaining undefeated teams

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
So the only teams left without a loss so far is the Bengals, Patriots and Panthers. Looking at the Bengals schedule remaining, about the only team left for them that might be a challenge is the Bronco's. Looking at the Panthers Schedule, the only team that might be a challenge for them is the Saints. Looking at the Patriots' the only team left that might be a challenge for them is the Bronco's. Geez, the end of the season might be interesting.

This thread wasn't posted to be a jinx or anything, I just looked at the Bengals and Panthers remaining schedule tonight and know any given Sunday but this might be an end to an interesting regular season.

This thread wasn't posted to be a jinx or anything, I just looked at the Bengals and Panthers remaining schedule tonight and know any given Sunday but this might be an end to an interesting regular season.

Bengals still have to go to Arizona on a Sunday Night game.

So hypothetically if the Pats and Bengals both go undefeated, who gets the 1st seed?

So hypothetically if the Pats and Bengals both go undefeated, who gets the 1st seed?

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The Wild Card tiebreaking procedures are used to determine HFA:

Strength of Victory, then Strength of Schedule.

Patriots lead both of those, currently.

Now, if both teams are 15-1, for example, it's conference record, and then common opponents (which would be the same if they're both 16-0). This is why the Denver game is so important, really. Not only for the head-to-head tiebreak on Denver, but for the common opponents tiebreak on Cincinnati (since they play them as well).

If the Pats are going to lose a game, I hope it's this week. Pats lost to the Giants in 2011 and lost some other game. The Pats Beat the Giants in 2007 and lost some other game. If they lose to the Giants this year, they are due to win some other game.

So they should run up the scores more?

Yes. Which is why the whole "classless running up the score" stuff is completely ridiculous. Never mind the fact that they're paid professionals - it's a flippin tiebreaker for the playoffs.

http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures

The Wild Card tiebreaking procedures are used to determine HFA:

Strength of Victory, then Strength of Schedule.

Patriots lead both of those, currently.

Yes, but if both the Bengals and Patriots finish 16-0, then I am guessing that the Bengals would edge out the Patriots on SOV (which is the same as SOS for an undefeated team).

The reason I say this is because the Patriots' out-of-division schedule against the AFCS and NFCE seems at first blush to be weaker than the Bengals' out-of-division schedule (against the AFCW and NFCW).

Under the 16-0 scenario, though, the Patriots' SOV score would benefit from a 6-0 sweep of opponents in their own division, whose records (I assume) will also be fat from having feasted on the AFCS and NFCE. I'll to think further about whether the Patriots' in-division SOV advantage would be enough to overcome the Bengals' assumed out-of-division SOV advantage. I think a lot of stuff cancels itself out there. :huh:

Yes. Which is why the whole "classless running up the score" stuff is completely ridiculous. Never mind the fact that they're paid professionals - it's a flippin tiebreaker for the playoffs.

The Pats should tie a boulder to the accelerator for the rest of BB/TFB's career.

Fvck em All...

Especially the ommissioner.

Force them to carve stone perpetually...

If the Pats are going to lose a game, I hope it's this week. Pats lost to the Giants in 2011 and lost some other game. The Pats Beat the Giants in 2007 and lost some other game. If they lose to the Giants this year, they are due to win some other game.

Yeah, if we are going to lose (I'm a pessimist, so I think we will and it won't be at a good time), I'd agree it's best to be now. That way, the coaches can hand out the bollockings, and the team can get a reality check.

So the only teams left without a loss so far is the Bengals, Patriots and Panthers. Looking at the Bengals schedule remaining, about the only team left for them that might be a challenge is the Bronco's. Looking at the Panthers Schedule, the only team that might be a challenge for them is the Saints. Looking at the Patriots' the only team left that might be a challenge for them is the Bronco's. Geez, the end of the season might be interesting.

Cicny still has to go out west three times, including back to back against Denver and Arizona. They also still have Pitt and Balt. I don't care what their records are, those will be brawls.

Cicny still has to go out west three times, including back to back against Denver and Arizona. They also still have Pitt and Balt. I don't care what their records are, those will be brawls.

Yeah, I think Cincy could finish with 2-3 losses.

Does anyone believe Marv Lewis has the testicular fortitude to withstand the pressures of a perfect season race?

I cracked up about 4 times typing that....

I stated in another thread I do want Carolina to lose one or two games for the benefit of the team and the players. I think it would do them good.

Does anyone believe Marv Lewis has the testicular fortitude to withstand the pressures of a perfect season race?

I cracked up about 4 times typing that....
I actually think he could. IMO, he's a very good coach.

Back