The Steelers are who we thought they were

I wonder why Big Mike T has a job :shrug_n:

I wonder what it could be ....

I've been asking that question for several years. popcorn

He's brain dead from what I can see. Hell, I saw a poll 2-3 wks ago that had Tomlin ranked in the top 8 of all head coaches and it made me wonder what zombie wrote that crap.

I've been asking that question for several years. popcorn

He's brain dead from what I can see. Hell, I saw a poll 2-3 wks ago that had Tomlin ranked in the top 8 of all head coaches and it made me wonder what zombie wrote that crap.

It's hard to come up with a list of the top eight and have all eight be solid NFL head coaches.

There's BB, Andy Reid, Pete Carroll. I'll throw Arians in there, too. Two of those guys have SB Rings. (And Reid and Arians make the short list only because they're better than the alternatives.)

Other head coaches with SB rings: Sean Payton, Gary Kubiak, Mike McCarthy, and Mike Tomlin.

That gets you to eight names, and who among the other 24 existing coaches would you swap one of those guys out for? John Fox, maybe, for Tomlin or McCarthy?

The pickings are mighty slim, just as they are for front-line QBs.

I
The pickings are mighty slim, just as they are for front-line QBs.

To put that thought differently, the distance from 1st to 8th can be measured in light years.

Cheers, BostonTim

Im really not trying to be an asshole, but that team is and has been super talented and you NEVER EVER hear is name mentioned when the "hot seat" comes up or even get questioned.

Dont compare those ****s with us ever again until they actually do something. How many 8-8's have they had like 4 while hes been there?

**** that. Shit needs to be shut down.

And honestly can't wait to see how they finish and what happens to Big Mike.

I have a real problem with 6, 7 and 8 on this list. At this point I'd rank Harbaugh 6th on this list but that's by default.

1 Bill Belichick, Patriots. ...
  • 2 Pete Carroll, Seahawks. ...
  • 3 Gary Kubiak, Broncos. ...
  • 4 Ron Rivera, Panthers. ...
  • 5 Bruce Arians, Cardinals. ...
  • 6 Mike McCarthy, Packers. ...
  • 7 Mike Tomlin, Steelers. ...
  • 8 John Harbaugh, Ravens.
More items...

NFL coach rankings 2016: Gary Kubiak, Ron Rivera make a Super ...

<cite class="_Rm">www.sportingnews.com/nfl/.../nfl-head-coach-rankings-2016.../1p3sytljwd80a1wei7eca...

</cite>

Gotta agree about a lot of what's been said here.

Well at least the Pats can't get no. 6 this year. And since the world is going to end soon.
WE WIN!!!

BTW,. I still have the feelin. Bet on em next week. AFC North game. When a team can play that bad and still have a chance at the end well...
:)

I have a real problem with 6, 7 and 8 on this list. At this point I'd rank Harbaugh 6th on this list but that's by default.

1 Bill Belichick, Patriots. ...
  • 2 Pete Carroll, Seahawks. ...
  • 3 Gary Kubiak, Broncos. ...
  • 4 Ron Rivera, Panthers. ...
  • 5 Bruce Arians, Cardinals. ...
  • 6 Mike McCarthy, Packers. ...
  • 7 Mike Tomlin, Steelers. ...
  • 8 John Harbaugh, Ravens.

I have a problem with Rivera at 4. His record looks like a roller coaster. I wonder if his "good" years coincide with a weak schedule.

I have a problem with Rivera at 4. His record looks like a roller coaster. I wonder if his "good" years coincide with a weak schedule.

No argument from me. So moving forward...
there's BB on level 1 at least 5 slots ahead of level 2.
Bill Belichick

then there's level 2
Carroll and Kubiak

then level 3
Zimmer, Payton?, Arians

level 4
Harbaugh, McCarthy, Rivera

and that's as far as I can go because the rest just suck too much to categorize.

Bill Belichick

then there's level 2
Carroll and Kubiak

then level 3
Zimmer, Payton?, Arians

level 4

and that's as far as I can go because the rest just suck too much to categorize.
I'm mostly ok with this. I guess I think more of Andy Reid than you do. Yes, he butchers the clock regularly and he'll abandon the run at the drop of a hat, but he's had a fair amount of success for a very long time.

Tier Two?

I'm mostly ok with this. I guess I think more of Andy Reid than you do. Yes, he butchers the clock regularly and he'll abandon the run at the drop of a hat, but he's had a fair amount of success for a very long time.

I sort of see Andy as the Drew Bledsoe of coaches. He can get you into the playoffs, but I wouldn't expect him to win it all.

That being said, there are an awful lot of teams that would be thrilled to get into the playoffs.

Bill Belichick

then there's level 2
Carroll and Kubiak

then level 3
Zimmer, Payton?, Arians

level 4

I don't think that Kubiak is all that good...that defense/defensive coordinator propped him up a bit imo.

I don't think that Kubiak is all that good...that defense/defensive coordinator propped him up a bit imo.

He did ok with PManning getting a SB win. I never expected that. Then again, if Collins had covered his man twice, ...

Chip Kelley pulled a great defensive call with 10 secs to play in the half.
He called for an intentional hold to run time off the clock to prevent NO from getting another shot at the end zone.

Check it out. The play ran 6 secs off the clock leaving only 4 secs and left NO no choice but to go for the FG. I'm expecting a rule change.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SwT7WKQPJMA" allowfullscreen="" width="854" height="480" frameborder="0"></iframe>

I sort of see Andy as the Drew Bledsoe of coaches. He can get you into the playoffs, but I wouldn't expect him to win it all.

That being said, there are an awful lot of teams that would be thrilled to get into the playoffs.

cant blame him McNabb puked in his mouth, Reid is a good coach but a pretty good/ok GM

Yeah, I guess Reid deserves to be in tier 3.

He did ok with PManning getting a SB win. I never expected that. Then again, if Collins had covered his man twice, ...

Argh i those two kill me more for some strange reasonthan the Lynch wheel route in the SB.

Also theres a huge drop off from Bill to anyone else. #2 is really whoever is hotter atm imo. Bruce was the rage the past 2 years. Petey the years before that and then J.H.

Nothing would be sweeter than to watch Rodger give us our trophy back. And holy shit, forget about it if we get 6. Seriously they would HAVE to start re-naming shit after that.

Chip Kelley pulled a great defensive call with 10 secs to play in the half.
He called for an intentional hold to run time off the clock to prevent NO from getting another shot at the end zone.

Check it out. The play ran 6 secs off the clock leaving only 4 secs and left NO no choice but to go for the FG. I'm expecting a rule change.

That is brilliant coaching. I have never seen that before.

Bill Belichick

then there's level 2
Carroll and Kubiak

then level 3
Zimmer, Payton?, Arians

level 4

I would not have Kubiak anywhere in the top 10. The ring he won was ALL Phillips and his defense as ManninHGH looked completely lost in his offense to the point that ManninHGH had to bring in some of his Indy concepts just to be able to function and even that was ugly. Now with Siemian and Lynch performing like garbage that is three QBs that have looked like junk in Kubes offense. If not for Phillips and that D, Kubes would have about 5 wins combined maybe over the last season and a half.

IMO the clear number two after Bill is Pete Carroll. He has been relevant the longest even after losing many of his star players from 5 years ago unlike Harbaugh and Payton whose teams have descended into junk.

After Carroll is a kettle of mediocrity IMO. I would probably put Reid at #3 as he gets the most out of average QBs and has for a long time. And his KC defense is pretty good this year even though no one is talking about them.

Back