The Steelers are who we thought they were

Gotta agree about a lot of what's been said here.

Well at least the Pats can't get no. 6 this year. And since the world is going to end soon.
WE WIN!!!

BTW,. I still have the feelin. Bet on em next week. AFC North game. When a team can play that bad and still have a chance at the end well...
:)

Pitt plays Dallas next week which will extend your losing streak to 4. The Ratbirds have the Browns on Thursday night at home. You may be looking up in the division the rest of the way.

No argument from me. So moving forward...
there's BB on level 1 at least 5 slots ahead of level 2.
Bill Belichick

then there's level 2
Carroll and Kubiak

then level 3
Zimmer, Payton?, Arians

level 4
Harbaugh, McCarthy, Rivera

and that's as far as I can go because the rest just suck too much to categorize.

I give Kubiak no props at all. Jay Gruden is an idiot and he could have won with that team.

Kubiak is supposed to be an offensive genius. Tell me again how Denver won last year. If anything, their offense is even more pathetic this year. Reminds me a lot of Brian Billick when he came here to coach the Ratbirds. Guy was supposed to be an offensive genius, never did shit outside of Minnesota (where he had Cris Carter, Randy Moss, Randall Cunningham and Robert Smith...real easy to look like an offensive genius with those guys on your team).

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

Pitt plays Dallas next week which will extend your losing streak to 4. The Ratbirds have the Browns on Thursday night at home. You may be looking up in the division the rest of the way.

Cleveland is going to win that game.

I wonder why Big Mike T has a job :shrug_n:

I wonder what it could be ....

Possibly because they won a superbowl under him? Maybe because he's probably better than half the coaches in the league?

:shrug_n:

Brian Billick has a SB win too...hell Dungy was a better HC than Tomlin is.

Despite how people like trashing Dungy (occasionally including me), he was a very good coach. That's why he's in the HOF now. Billick was a good coach, but not as good as Dungy.

I think people get skewed by BB. He's the best coach in the league. Thus all other coaches will look bad, when compared to him, (not that BB is infallible either).

Possibly because they won a superbowl under him? Maybe because he's probably better than half the coaches in the league?

I think we've already established that there are only a few good coaches in the league (less than 8).

If a coach isn't in that group, then it doesn't matter whether he's better than a bunch of other incompetents. He's still not a good coach.

Despite how people like trashing Dungy (occasionally including me), he was a very good coach. That's why he's in the HOF now. Billick was a good coach, but not as good as Dungy.

I think people get skewed by BB. He's the best coach in the league. Thus all other coaches will look bad, when compared to him, (not that BB is infallible either).
I've never thought Dungy was an awful HC at all. I realize my example makes it seem that way. I don't think he's HOF worthy, but he was good. I was actually more trashing Billick. :D

I think we've already established that there are only a few good coaches in the league (less than 8).
Maybe you have, but I haven't.

If a coach isn't in that group, then it doesn't matter whether he's better than a bunch of other incompetents. He's still not a good coach.
I also don't agree that the majority of the coaches in the NFL are incompetent.

I've never thought Dungy was an awful HC at all. I realize my example makes it seem that way. I don't think he's HOF worthy, but he was good. I was actually more trashing Billick. :D

Dungy put together a great team in Tampa. Billick's biggest move was drafting Kyle Boller.

If you have a list of eight or more coaches that you consider "good" I would like to see it, if you're willing to take the time to think about it and type it up.

I don't think that there are even eight that are good...it would be a challenge to list them.

There are some good coaches stuck with some shitty GM's and owners who simply refuse to do their job.

Who here thought BB was a great Head Coach after he left Cleveland?

Who here was all hot and bothered when BB was named HC of the NEP? especially after giving up the pick

I disagree there are only 8 good coaches, I admit many are under performing but lets not think each one is Dan Campbell level I will get them to do the "Bull in the ring" bad.

Maybe you have, but I haven't.

I also don't agree that the majority of the coaches in the NFL are incompetent.

Maybe you can back up your opinion with some evidence or facts :shrug_n: ?

Maybe you think the league is doing well but i dont any serious football fan who does. In fact its absolutely terrible.

Why is it terrible?

Well its terrible bc of the lack of fundamentals, creativity/innovation, mental toughness, attention to details and preparedness. Alomg with several other things but all these are things a good coach can instil.

Well if a good coach can instill them why dont they?

Maybe bc there are very few coaches worth a dayum in the league?

Id love to hear your thoughts tho?

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Dungy put together a great team in Tampa. Billick's biggest move was drafting Kyle Boller.

LOL Billick actually said and was sold on Kyle when he threw the ball 80 yards from his knees. He should probably just thank Randy Moss and J.O. for his career.

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Ok and while you're at it maybe you can enlighten the rest of us why and how Big Mike is better than half the coaches in the league?

Maybe you can back up your opinion with some evidence or facts :shrug_n: ?

Maybe you think the league is doing well but i dont any serious football fan who does. In fact its absolutely terrible.

Why is it terrible?

Well its terrible bc of the lack of fundamentals, creativity/innovation, mental toughness, attention to details and preparedness. Alomg with several other things but all these are things a good coach can instil.

Well if a good coach can instill them why dont they?

Maybe bc there are very few coaches worth a dayum in the league?

Id love to hear your thoughts tho?
so blame the coaches when practice time is limited, contact id forbidden and the GM fills the roster with no general concept in place.

Yes the sport is lacking but don't you think that Fundamentals should be in place long before they hit the NFL?

The league is a mess but that does not mean the coaching is the sole "ISSUE". I think it is more the GM's and their lack of focus.

BB, in my opinion, is the most prepared coach in the league, DID that make a difference with Jamie Collins freelancing? Bill selects players who "LIVE" football, he thought Easley, Collins and Jones lived football and when they didn't he cut his losses because he is the GM, not because he is the coach - the GM saddles these coaches, the league minimizes the availability of contact and MONEY changes everything.

I don't think that there are even eight that are good...it would be a challenge to list them.
I think I have a post further up where I agree it's hard to find eight good coaches.

I have BB, Pete Carroll and Andy Reid as my top three, in that order.

That doesn't mean I think they're all on the same level; there's a rather large gap between each of them.

And there's an even larger gap down to the 4-8 level. I'd probably put John Fox in that group, but I don't know who else.

I think most of the other 28 coaches belong in the bottom half, but there's only room for 16, so 12 of them get into the top half. But as I said in an earlier post, just because they're in the top half doesn't mean they're good at what they do.

And some of them, like Gase in Miami and Quinn in Atlanta, may turn out to be good, it's just too soon to tell.

But coaches like Jeff Fisher and Marvin Lewis have had ample time to show what they're all about, and it's easy to see that they don't belong in the top half.

There are some good coaches stuck with some shitty GM's and owners who simply refuse to do their job.

Who here thought BB was a great Head Coach after he left Cleveland?

Who here was all hot and bothered when BB was named HC of the NEP? especially after giving up the pick

I disagree there are only 8 good coaches, I admit many are under performing but lets not think each one is Dan Campbell level I will get them to do the "Bull in the ring" bad.

I agree. And there are many GMs stuck with clueless owners. As the saying goes, it starts from the top down.

So many debate Bill and Brady and who made who but the truth is, Kraft made both of them. Gave the keys to the kingdom to Bill, let him trade his franchize QB in Bledsoe to a divisional foe and then start the 6th round no one in his place. And of course, has managed both of their egos to keep them together all these years amassing the greatest run in NFL history that is still going.

Back