The Steelers are who we thought they were

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
A BAD team. Completely manhandled by the Ratbirds. Tomlin as usual coached like a dope choosing to start Ben over Landry.

A BAD team. Completely manhandled by the Ratbirds. Tomlin as usual coached like a dope choosing to start Ben over Landry.

Mike Tomlin did 575 impersonations of Jim Caldwell in the 4th qtr alone.

Personally, I think he does nothing about his team's bad play because he has no earthly idea what TO do. Such a bad head coach.

Personally, I think he does nothing about his team's bad play because he has no earthly idea what TO do. Such a bad head coach.
I'm used to seeing BB on the sidelines coaching up the D-line, or some other group or players, several times during the course of a game.

Does Tomlin ever do that? Or does he just try to look like Mr. No Eyes from Cool Hand Luke?

I'm used to seeing BB on the sidelines coaching up the D-line, or some other group or players, several times during the course of a game.

Does Tomlin ever do that? Or does he just try to look like Mr. No Eyes from Cool Hand Luke?

How could he?...he is a dumbass. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

They face the cowboys next are in trouble

Huh?:huh:

Does everybody understand now why I never consider the Steelers to be a realistic threat?

They're the AFC version of the Packers- another team all the experts love to fluff non-stop.

If Dallas wins that game, the hype will truly get unreal for them being a serious contender.

They already are a serious contender.

And in the AFC, you'd have to consider Oakland as a dark horse to get to the AFCCG.

They are far from being a disciplined or a smart team, but they have a lot of top athletes and a pretty good QB who gets rid of the ball quickly. And they are excited to be on the rise and play hard.

Having said that, Denver is a different team with Aqib Talib in the lineup. They missed him last night. Siemian, like a lot of guys playing today, still has too many "chuck it up there and hope for the best" throws to take them seriously and they don't have much of a running game at the moment and their inability to stop the run wasn't helped by Derek Wolfe getting a fractured elbow.

For the first time this year I watched a lot of football and I am still surprised at how bad the quarterback play is around the league. If I was Jacksonville, I'd be planning an exit strategy for Blake Bortles. That guy has been around too long to be throwing WTF interceptions like he does.

For the first time this year I watched a lot of football and I am still surprised at how bad the quarterback play is around the league. If I was Jacksonville, I'd be planning an exit strategy for Blake Bortles. That guy has been around too long to be throwing WTF interceptions like he does.

The bidding for Jimmy G starts at a 1st rounder.

Tomlin is garBAGGIO. pitt plays down to their competition every time...every time. and br is historically bad his first game back from injuries, so that part is no shocker. a good coach would have planned around that .

The bidding for Jimmy G starts at a 1st rounder.

I would laugh at that offer even though you mention it as a starting point.

See what LA paid for Jared Goff. Two firsts, two seconds and two thirds (I believe) and he hasn't played at all even though their offense is completely dead in the water with Case Keenum.

Jimmy is an exceptionally valuable commodity and if he were to get another showcase and picked up where he left off then that value goes through the roof.

When you consider that the Pats tend to move picks to get extras then it is in the realm of possibility that the Pats could end up with 6-8 core players for that 2nd round investment in Jimmy should they choose to deal him.

They already are a serious contender.

And in the AFC, you'd have to consider Oakland as a dark horse to get to the AFCCG.

They are far from being a disciplined or a smart team, but they have a lot of top athletes and a pretty good QB who gets rid of the ball quickly. And they are excited to be on the rise and play hard.

Having said that, Denver is a different team with Aqib Talib in the lineup. They missed him last night. Siemian, like a lot of guys playing today, still has too many "chuck it up there and hope for the best" throws to take them seriously and they don't have much of a running game at the moment and their inability to stop the run wasn't helped by Derek Wolfe getting a fractured elbow.

True points all around, I completely agree with you. :toast:

Speaking of Bortles, last year he had a decent season in numbers but has completely regressed from there. They almost had a chance to win yesterday had it not been for the many mistakes.

Just heard on the Colin Cowherd show that they didn't even practice this week? Huh? That's insane. How is that even possible? From the bits and pieces of that game I saw, it really showed up.

They're wildly inconsistent. I never thought they'd get destroyed by Philly, or get smoked by the Dolphins either. I was at the Pittsburgh game, and what bothered those fans the most was how the Patriots destroyed them at the LOS pounding them with Blount. They didn't see that one coming. I told one fan, you shouldn't be surprised, Miami did the same thing. Dallas is going to destroy them this week me thinks

Having said all this, that AFCN is still up for grabs with a lot of football still left to be played, minus Cleveland of course

His sunglasses are cool though :coffee:

...at least he didn't trip anybody going down the sidelines yesterday..

Just heard on the Colin Cowherd show that they didn't even practice this week? Huh? That's insane. How is that even possible? From the bits and pieces of that game I saw, it really showed up.

They're wildly inconsistent. I never thought they'd get destroyed by Philly, or get smoked by the Dolphins either. I was at the Pittsburgh game, and what bothered those fans the most was how the Patriots destroyed them at the LOS pounding them with Blount. They didn't see that one coming. I told one fan, you shouldn't be surprised, Miami did the same thing. Dallas is going to destroy them this week me thinks

Having said all this, that AFCN is still up for grabs with a lot of shitty football still left to be played, minus Cleveland of course

fyp

Every time the Pats play the Steelers, we hear all the bullshit about how the Steelers are a tough out, and they'll be in the hunt, blahblahblah... then the Pats go out and blow their doors off. They've now dropped 4 in a row to the Ratbirds, who I fully expect to lose to Cleveland on Thursday. Somebody is going to win that crap-ass division at 7-9 this year.

fyp

Every time the Pats play the Steelers, we hear all the bullshit about how the Steelers are a tough out, and they'll be in the hunt, blahblahblah... then the Pats go out and blow their doors off. They've now dropped 4 in a row to the Ratbirds, who I fully expect to lose to Cleveland on Thursday. Somebody is going to win that crap-ass division at 7-9 this year.

It would be fun to see the ratbirds go 7-9 and lose the tiebreaker. ROFL

There will be a rule change next season to prevent that from happening. We'll call it the Harbaugh rule.

That AFCN division winner at 8-8 (or whatever) might keep out one of those good AFCW teams though. The same can be said about the AFCS. AFCW has a lot of head to head games remaining.

Ratbirds still have road games remaining with New England, Dallas, Cincinnati and Pittsburgh.

Plus a home game vs Cincinnati, Philadelphia and Miami that could be tough.

I could see 7-9 very easily for this team.

I wonder why Big Mike T has a job :shrug_n:

I wonder what it could be ....

Back