the truth is the Steel Curtain is nothing but Sheer window panels

mikiemo83

The Future
Reaction score
Ben is blaming Tomlin, the Guard is calling out the sources of the verbal diarrhea, Minority, have no say, owners are looking to fire the coach....

as Cowturd reported: I have this sourced. Big Ben is massively frustrated with Mike Tomlin. That was the seventh time he has called out the coaching staff-- that was the most direct.

It's not that he called out Tomlin, it's when he called him out-- on his radio show, after he had read, or heard, Tomlin under attack. Folks, you just don't see this. You do not see Hall of Fame quarterbacks calling out their head coaches regularly.

And why is this happening? Because there's five or six bulletproof coaches in America-- you're not going to get them fired. Saban, Belichick, Coach K, you're not going to get them fired-- Tomlin's one of them.

And Ben-- I've got it sourced-- isn't happy and he saw this as a rare opportunity. He's so frustrated with the lack of discipline-- to pile on. Look at the seven times he's called him out. Rare opportunities when the fan base is mad at Tomlin. Isn't that when you'd support a coach you like? He sees him as vulnerable.

By the way, limited partners are now pushing for a new coach-- also concerned about the team's lack of discipline. Which is what Ben is telling those close to him. We're not a group of grown-ups, the Patriots are.

Listen man, if you're into somebody, you support them in crisis. If you're not into somebody, you don't. But if you want him out, you go after them at their most vulnerable point. Ben didn't clobber him after the game when he was the most emotional.

My belief-- he waited to see Tomlin get buried and piled on. If you think Big Ben and Tomlin are all tight and good-- no they are not, that was clear. He saw it as an opportunity-- an opportunity that rarely presents itself with the Rooney family-- to maybe get something done. Probably told it won't, so I imagine now, he'll go back to publicly supporting him.

yet all we heard about leading up to the games last week was the in-house fighting on the patriots. Will the media run with this story?

I was going to make it a poll but we all know they will not because NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHITTSBURGH.

Whoa whoa whoa

Big Ben is upset about the...lack of discipline?

How do I leave this bizzaro world I've stumbled in to?

I was watching the replay of the Steelers and Jaguars last night and late in the game there were several times when Ben looked to the sidelines and he was TRYING to keep a poker face, but he just couldn't keep the WTF out of it.

The Steelers definitely lack discipline. It's a culture that reflects it's head coach and it's based on entitled superstars who love being exactly that. Tomlin lets the boys be boys or in their case, idiots.

Having said that, the real problem with that team is that their defensive system is easy to attack and they can't pressure the QB at all. You can't blame it all on losing Shazier.

Based on what I've seen out of James Harrison since we got him it's hard to figure out why he couldn't get snaps over there. He was a nice late-season gift.

Anyhow, they are irrelevant at the moment, which is what they deserve. They can't suck enough to suit me.

Ben is blaming Tomlin, the Guard is calling out the sources of the verbal diarrhea, Minority, have no say, owners are looking to fire the coach....

yet all we heard about leading up to the games last week was the in-house fighting on the patriots. Will the media run with this story?

I was going to make it a poll but we all know they will not because NO ONE CARES ABOUT SHITTSBURGH.

Agreed the media will likely not run too much with these reports. Partly due to the fact that they have do so in the past and recent past, and that the Steelers have kind of always been viewed as a little dysfunctional, so nothing really new here.

With the Pats, they are a model of consistency and order, and have been doing so for on some 17 years. So when there was a clink in the armor it was more like new news, coupling that with the media not luckily the Pats we get a bigger story.

I don't blame Ben. The past two seasons with FB Inc and then the overlooking the Jags starting with Tomlin and his Pats fixation would have me fuming. It will be 8 seasons next year that Pitt has not made a SB ...

I’m so tired of the Pitt “ton of talent”.

They’ve got a few great skill guys. A very good QB. A couple very good OL.

But that D BLOWS!

Whoa whoa whoa

Big Ben is upset about the...lack of discipline?

How do I leave this bizzaro world I've stumbled in to?

It's been pretty obvious that he's been upset about the lack of discipline all year long.

And yeah, I'm surprised as you are.

It's been pretty obvious that he's been upset about the lack of discipline all year long.

O.Z.O. Jr and I were watching the games and just pointing all of the stupid, thoughtless, undisciplined things that went on (on both sides) during that game that would be the kind of stuff that would keep either team from beating the Pats. It was far worse on the Yinzer side. That team is a joke. 13 wins, 4 of them coming on last second FGs to beat juggernauts like Indy and Cleveland. Could just as easily have been 9-7 and fighting the Ratbirds off for the division.

That whole division.

Pitt- full of asshats. Cemented by a coach who promotes “do what we do.”

Cincy- more asshats than Pitt.

Balt- invented asshats

Cleve- stunned by how infested with asshats their life is

he is a parent now and is learning that children need discipline. He wanted Tomlin to make them all take a timeout but he didn't really call a timeout.... wait that was the pats game.

That whole division.

Pitt- full of asshats. Cemented by a coach who promotes “do what we do.”

the guy who sat almost all of his starters in week 17 when HFA was still in play.

the guy who sat almost all of his starters in week 17 when HFA was still in play.

THIS.

I can't believe this did not get more play in the media. It basically signaled to the Pats the white flag. I have never seen a team do that with the #1 seed on the line. We really did break them in week 15. Next season should be even more fun. lol.

Back