The Wells Report

If it's a 6-game suspension, I'm done with the NFL.

I'm with you. In fact, I may need some talking down right now to not bail on the NFL already.

The thing that is most disappointing to me is Kraft's response. I know we all loved him sticking up for the team earlier, but now his response that he will just lie down and accept it pretty much undoes it all. Just like '07, this thing is gonna stick forever. This might seem overly dramatic, but how does one write to Kraft - or his secretary or intern or whoever reads the mail? Maybe if we can get enough fans writing in he'll change his mind.

Of course it's still early. We don't know what Brady will say yet. Whatever punishment Brady gets, Rodgers better get the same.

1. 2 low level employees spouting off to each other acting as if their jobs are the most important jobs in the world. They even talk about over inflating the balls to piss Tom off, never talked about deflating balls .
2. The Colts complained to the NFL before the game yet the NFL never took any special actions to prevent the ball to not leave their site. Can you say "sting operation"
3. One ref at halftime measured only 4 colts balls and found them to be deflated below 12.5 PSI. Why aren't they called "deflated balls"? They had more air than the Patriots balls but they were inflated higher than the Patriots balls anyway.
4. How can the say that TFB "more probably than not had a general knowledge" of taking air of the ball. there is not one bit of evidence to point to that.

I would like to see Tom come out with a STRONG statement denying any knowledge of any of this.

The Twin Towers.....how clever. Doesn't that dumbass know that David Robinson and Tim Duncan were known as that the first day Duncan hit the court with Robinson? Hardly original, but very offensive to LOL at the Towers being blown up.

Dickhead.

Greg Hardy needs to be dropped off on the Pakistan/ Afghanistan Border handcuff wearing a tee-shirt that said Allah has blown me many times...

The Twin Towers.....how clever. Doesn't that dumbass know that David Robinson and Tim Duncan were known as that the first day Duncan hit the court with Robinson? Hardly original, but very offensive to LOL at the Towers being blown up.

Dickhead.

David Robinson? Tim Duncan? Child please. Not even the first Twin Towers in Texas:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Rockets#1983.E2.80.931987:_The_Twin_Towers

twin-towers.jpg

also, just because:

EMJbfGI.gif

This report is lacking. The willingness with which that the investigators are willing to offer a relatively definitive interpretation of the evidence to me suggests bias. Especially from the scientists. I am surprised by their willingness to accept the Colts balls as a control, and state their conclusions despite all the uncertainty.

Dale Arnold is reverting to his signature condescending, sanctimonious, smug douchebaggeryness by holding up the texts between low level staff bitching about Brady as "positive proof" that Brady was in on this.

Can't remember the exact page, but somewhere in the report apparently McNally tells the investigators that he takes the balls from the officials' lockerroom without their knowledge all the time, and has at times stopped by the bathroom on his way to the field. Yet the investigators find that "unlikely" to be true. This whole report is a load of shit. Actually, let me rephrase. The whole report is exactly what you should expect from this kind of investigation: a whole lot of "IDK, probs lol" spread out over 243 pages of lawyer-speak.

Brady can ask for the balls to be at 12.5 and thats perfectly legit. Does any proof exist that he asked for the PSI to be below that?

That's a big distinction IMO - as one is legal and the other isn't.

Brady can ask for the balls to be at 12.5 and thats perfectly legit. Does any proof exist that he asked for the PSI to be below that?

That's a big distinction IMO - as one is legal and the other isn't.

And the lesson in all this??

Never, ever use bloody texts to communicate anything.....Emails as well. If you have to communicate, pick up the phone and talk!

Exactly. The only ones with access to those would be the NSA.

1. 2 low level employees spouting off to each other acting as if their jobs are the most important jobs in the world. They even talk about over inflating the balls to piss Tom off, never talked about deflating balls .
2. The Colts complained to the NFL before the game yet the NFL never took any special actions to prevent the ball to not leave their site. Can you say "sting operation"
3. One ref at halftime measured only 4 colts balls and found them to be deflated below 12.5 PSI. Why aren't they called "deflated balls"? They had more air than the Patriots balls but they were inflated higher than the Patriots balls anyway.
4. How can the say that TFB "more probably than not had a general knowledge" of taking air of the ball. there is not one bit of evidence to point to that.

I would like to see Tom come out with a STRONG statement denying any knowledge of any of this.

I need to watch it again, but didn't he categorically deny any involvment in his now-infamous presser in the aftermath of DFgate coming down? The report also states that Brady was involved with the 2006 rule change allowing road teams to adjust ball pressure (within legal limits) to their specifications and he may have, at very least, glossed over that and claimed ignorance.

I'm halfway through the report and it already appears evident that absolute proof is not there, but "most probably knew" is most definitely in play and it would appear that the Report has reached a conclusion that Brady put pressure on McNally and Jastremski to circumvent the rule using graft in the form of "valuable" autographs etc.

So they have Brady as a liar, obstructing the investigation and deliberately breaking league rules. Not proof, but apparently based on the way they reiterate these points over and over, they don't really need proof. Just a big, fat fvcking "most probably". That's it. He's guilty. It was Brady all along.

We're fvcked. I don't know what Roger is planning on doing, but if a multi-game suspension is forthcoming then this shitstorm just covered the entire franchise 10 feet deep.

It is much, much worse than what I had believed.

We can pick nits about this and that and there is endless fodder in the report to quibble over, but the conclusion is clear and they pinned the tail on a donkey who wears a 12 on his jersey.

And the lesson in all this??

Never, ever use bloody texts to communicate anything.....Emails as well. If you have to communicate, pick up the phone and talk!

Don't write anything you can phone. Don't phone anything you can talk. Don't talk anything you can whisper. Don't whisper anything you can smile. Don't smile anything you can nod. Don't nod anything you can wink.
- Earl Long

BostonTim

Brady's dad is pissed

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...nds-son-framegate-deflategate-colts/70900374/

Tom Brady has chosen to remain silent thus far in the wake of the so-called "Deflategate" report issued by independent attorney Ted Wells on Wednesday. The findings say Brady, the New England Patriots superstar quarterback, "was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities" by two team employees that resulted in footballs being underinflated in January's AFC Championship Game victory against the Indianapolis Colts.

But Brady's father offered an emphatic defense of his four-time Super Bowl-winning son's character and sportsmanship.

"I don't have any doubt about my son's integrity — not one bit," Tom Brady Sr. told USA TODAY Sports on Wednesday following the investigation's publication.

"In this country, you're innocent until proven guilty. It just seems Tommy is now guilty until proven innocent.

"This thing is so convoluted. ... They say that possibly — possibly — he was aware of this. The reality is if you can't prove he did it, then he's innocent, and lay off him. That's the bottom line."

Brady Sr. went on to strongly state the NFL was far more concerned about is image than that of the three-time Super Bowl MVP, long one of the faces of the league.

"The league had to cover themselves," said Brady Sr. "The reality is they had no conclusive evidence.

"This was Framegate right from the beginning."

Brady Sr. also said the Wells report contradicted itself after finding four of the Colts' footballs were underinflated along with 11 of 12 used by New England.

"How can Tommy defend himself? It's impossible," Brady Sr. said. "This is so distorted. To have something come out like this and say it's more probable than not? What does that mean?

"I'm watching the NFL Network saying he could be fined and suspended. Are you kidding me?

Brady and Patriots coach Bill Belichick vehemently denied any knowledge of deflated footballs in January. The league mandates each ball fall within an inflation tolerance between 12½ and 13½ pounds per square inch.

Team owner Robert Kraft vigorously defended both Brady and Belichick in the week before the Patriots' Super Bowl XLIX win against the Seattle Seahawks. Brady won his third Super Bowl MVP award after that game.

"They had to protect their asses, and that's what they're doing," Brady Sr. said. "I just read that four Colts balls were underinflated. Amazing. Amazing.

"They're saying he's possibly aware. ... How do you put a cloud over somebody like this?

"To impugn somebody without conclusive evidence saying this is more probable than not? The reality is they have scientific evidence. Now they're overriding the scientific evidence and badgering the Patriots. It's disgusting."

But is it a conspiracy?

"There was definitely a sting going on," said Brady Sr. "And as much as the Colts knew there was going to be a sting, they still had four underinflated balls.

"I just don't know how they can impugn someone like this."

Back