They're building a statue

Old-timers with dementia... :coffee:

No kidding. There was this poster on another board called "Old Crow" fitting name for a Baltimore die hard. When he posted it was like it was still 1950. Dementia galore.

I hope the plaque has a commentating piece about HGH on it.

You know, it's kinda funny Indy still has a hang up over him, when he went to Denver and got another ring and practically rubbed it in their face and retired a Bronco.

He is the greatest player in colts history. He should get a statue from them. A lot of there fan base because broncos fans. When he signed in denver .

Maybe Indy Colts, but Colts, including Baltimore, think John Unitas. A lot of old-timers will always say he was the greatest QB of all time.

Maybe the statue will have a plaque that reads:

Best Colts player of all time finalist

Of Peyton Manning in front of Lucas Oil Stadium.

I hope they have enough metal for his ginormous forehead.

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

They should have a programmed audio loop coming out of his mouth yelling "Omaha! Omaha! Omaha!"

Maybe he'll be bending over and mooning the fans.

This is hilarious and so true. ROFL

They should consider having a ROCKY like statue after Tom Brady retires and that will be a very sad day for MANY NFL fans across the world. :coffee:

So does Denver get to have a re-retiring ceremony with their #18 since PM insisted they unretire it for him? :coffee:

So does Denver get to have a re-retiring ceremony with their #18 since PM insisted they unretire it for him? :coffee:

Not quite the truff.

Tripucka retired in 1963 after 15 professional seasons. The Broncos subsequently retired his #18 jersey. In 1986, Tripucka was one of three players to be inducted into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame. On March 9, 2012, Tripucka stated that he would allow #18 to be worn again by Peyton Manning if the Broncos were to sign him. On March 20, 2012, at a press conference announcing his signing by the Broncos, John Elway thanked Tripucka "for allowing the franchise to unretire the number for Manning."<SUP id=cite_ref-3 class=reference>[3]</SUP> On March 7, 2016, the #18 jersey returned to retirement when Manning announced that he is retiring after 18 professional seasons (4 seasons with the Broncos).<SUP id=cite_ref-4 class=reference>[</SUP>

they hired ian faith to manage the statue

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qAXzzHM8zLw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

God, it was awesome to watch a clip from Spinal Tap again.

I absolutely love that movie. So nuanced, so perfect. They got the measurements of "stonehenge" wrong, but who can really keep track of the different between 30 inches and 30 feet? It's just one dash on a napkin, after all.

i loved seeing Michael McKean as Derek St. Hubbins just totally gobsmacked and embarassed as the "monument" was in mortal danger of being crushed by the dancing dwarves.

I've got to see that film again. One of the funniest and most spot-on comedies of all time in my book.

:thumb:'

Oh, and as far as the statue to Peyton goes I don't really give a flying fvck one way or the other. Those people need something to make them feel good about themselves, so what the hell.

Not quite the truff.

Tripucka retired in 1963 after 15 professional seasons. The Broncos subsequently retired his #18 jersey. In 1986, Tripucka was one of three players to be inducted into the Denver Broncos Ring of Fame. On March 9, 2012, Tripucka stated that he would allow #18 to be worn again by Peyton Manning if the Broncos were to sign him. On March 20, 2012, at a press conference announcing his signing by the Broncos, John Elway thanked Tripucka "for allowing the franchise to unretire the number for Manning."<SUP id=cite_ref-3 class=reference>[3]</SUP> On March 7, 2016, the #18 jersey returned to retirement when Manning announced that he is retiring after 18 professional seasons (4 seasons with the Broncos).<SUP id=cite_ref-4 class=reference>[</SUP>

Tripucka had Alzheimers at that point in time. I don't know if you have had experience with anyone with that disease but the idea he would call PM out of nowhere and tell him something like that is bloody unlikely. My mom isn't even full blown yet but she spent her whole live recoiling from eating lamb because she felt sorry for the tiny creatures from which it came. My whole life, I listened to her lecture about it (though she eats all other meat). When we all last went out to eat, she ordered lamb. And we all just let it be.

Also PM himself had said he was opposed to unretiring #s. PM gets what he wants almost 100% of the time. He should have INSISTED on not unretiring it.

Seeing as how a good section of the media are all pretty much in the bag for PM covering up a lot of crap he's done or not done and praising him, I wouldn't be surprised if this were another bag job to make it look like aww shucks humble Peyton was doing what the poor old former jock wanted to honor him.

I do not know the truth for a certainty. I am saying it probably doesn't matter. The two most likely (not only but most likely) scenarios are: PM either BSed about caring about keeping retired #s retired, and/or there was a coverup about how it came to be unretired.

On another (likely related) note, apparently one of these guys has gone missing.

Back