Trade Gronk?

The Browns are gonna explode soon.

Not in a fan blowing up Cleveland way, but a positive way with all these picks.

Picture Barkley and a top QB added. Gordon. Now add Gronk? That’s nasty.

That's OK. Let the Steelers, Ravens, Bengals and Browns beat each other up. None will be whole by the playoffs.

I don’t know how you could possibly figure that.

He’s the most dangerous player in the league at his position.

Every team has to gameplan for him specifically. Blink and he burns you.

That translates to every offense, provided you have a QB throwing a football. But even then, he’s a monster in the run game. So there’s that.

Oh I get that. He could retire tomorrow and would have a pretty airtight argument for best tight end ever. I certainly wouldn't argue against it.

However, he's probably not going to play the whole season and if he's legit about wanting to retire I can't see many teams willing to give up anything of value for him. Being the best tight end ever doesn't do me much good if he's in the training room or at home on his couch.

That's why I think his value is higher for the Patriots who are trying to make the best of Brady's last year's than another team trying to build something.

None of this has anything to do with how amazing a player he is. It's just if I'm trading for him I have no idea how many games I'm actually going to get that amazing player for. Hence my hesitation at giving up too much to get him.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

The Browns are gonna explode soon.

Not in a fan blowing up Cleveland way, but a positive way with all these picks.

Picture Barkley and a top QB added. Gordon. Now add Gronk? That’s nasty.
Dude, you've been watching football way too long to get fooled by the Browns off-season moves.

People pay for tomorrow, not yesterday and it would take an especially reckless GM to give him a heavily guaranteed, mega-rich deal that was also long-term.

However, I'd bet that just about any GM would give him two years at the top of the TE totem pole with a 3rd option year. I figure 11.5 per year might be enough, but somebody might go 12.

Far as trade value, I'd say a decent 1st and a 3rd or 2 2nds and a 3rd might get it done.

It's a hugely interesting speculation. I might be way lowballing what he could get.

I mean it only takes one GM to say yes so who knows.

Personally I think you're way over.

Oh I get that. He could retire tomorrow and would have a pretty airtight argument for best tight end ever. I certainly wouldn't argue against it.

However, he's probably not going to play the whole season and if he's legit about wanting to retire I can't see many teams willing to give up anything of value for him. Being the best tight end ever doesn't do me much good if he's in the training room or at home on his couch.

That's why I think his value is higher for the Patriots who are trying to make the best of Brady's last year's than another team trying to build something.

None of this has anything to do with how amazing a player he is. It's just if I'm trading for him I have no idea how many games I'm actually going to get that amazing player for. Hence my hesitation at giving up too much to get him.

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

Dude, you've been watching football way too long to get fooled by the Browns off-season moves.

Alright, put that way part 1 makes more sense.

Part 2? I’m telling you now, Cleveland has football people working now.

Oh yeah, sorry if I wasn't clear. You don't have to sell me on how amazing a player he is.

Like I saw in another site, draft Saquon 1. Trade down with 4 for a later 1 and some combo of 2 and 3s. Pick Lamar Jackson. Use the plethora of picks to trade for another stud ( Gronk, OBJ). Gordon’s already there. That’s a FILTHY offense.

Like I saw in another site, draft Saquon 1. Trade down with 4 for a later 1 and some combo of 2 and 3s. Pick Lamar Jackson. Use the plethora of picks to trade for another stud ( Gronk, OBJ). Gordon’s already there. That’s a FILTHY offense.

I keep hearing about Gordon, but when talking about the Browns, I think you have to respect Jarvis Landry at least as much as Gordon the hothouse flower.

Landry has been quite a pain in the ass twice every year ever since he came into the league. He's feisty, productive and has no quit in him even when half his Dolphins team did.

I think he's one of the biggest FA signings of the period.

If any team was willing to give you a first you should probably sign the paperwork before they come back to their senses.

The only thing stopping that is that Brady likely only has a year or two left and it would make sense to keep a dominant player like Drink around for as many games as you can get out of him.

I could be waaaaaaay off base here, but based on circumstances I feel like Gronks value to the Patriots is likely way higher than his value to other teams.
Not off base at all. Right on target, I'd say if I were inclined to mix metaphors.

send him off, this shit is getting old. He is a Diva of Mariah status.

I'm with you on this. I fear fame has gone to his pretty little head. Gronk is no actor and no one is going to be interested in his breakthrough role in Buff Boy Bonz Burbank once he's not making headlines on the football field. His stardom is in his atheticism and he'd be a fool to think he's going to generate the same kind of fandom once he's not taking advantage of playing with the best quarterback to ever throw a football.

If he wants to leave, I'd say See Ya.

:patriotlogo::patriotlogo:

I keep hearing about Gordon, but when talking about the Browns, I think you have to respect Jarvis Landry at least as much as Gordon the hothouse flower.

Landry has been quite a pain in the ass twice every year ever since he came into the league. He's feisty, productive and has no quit in him even when half his Dolphins team did.

I think he's one of the biggest FA signings of the period.

There ya go.

Add that weapon too.

Tbh, I forgot he’s there now.

Extra filthy.

CBS story claims Gronk ain't happy with BB. I have serious doubts that BB got irked about a social media post from Gronk...

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-with-belichick-has-one-condition-for-return/

Rob Gronkowski reportedly frustrated with Belichick, has one condition for return
The Patriots tight end is apparently only going to play this year under one condition

John Breech

5h ago • 4 min read

It's been nearly two months since New England's season ended in Super Bowl LII and we still have no idea if Rob Gronkowski is going to play in 2018. However, as things stand now, it seems that the Patriots tight end is leaning toward returning, but with one condition.
According to ESPN.com, Gronkowski is 'pretty certain' he's going to return in 2018, but here's the catch: He's only willing to play for as long as Tom Brady remains with the team. The report does also note that Gronk hasn't actually made a final decision about what he's going to do.

The fact that Brady is being tied to Gronk's decision tells you all you need to know about what's going on in New England right now. Things seem to be in slight disarray and everyone is being coy about their future, including Brady.
Although Brady has said that he's going to play at least one more year, who knows what will happen after that. The Patriots quarterback has said he wants to play until he's 45, but he's softened his stance on that over the past few months.

During an interview for the final scene of his Facebook documentary, Brady seemed to suggest that he might not be planning to play much longer. Will Brinson went over the interview last month (and you can read that by clicking here), but the biggest takeaway is that it's not very clear whether or not Brady is still happy doing what he's doing, which could lead him to call it quits well before he turns 45.
Back in January, it was reported that there was some serious tension between Brady and Bill Belichick, but those aren't the only two people with issues in the Patriots organization. According to ESPN.com, Gronk is also having his own issues with Belichick. Apparently, by the time the 2017 season ended, Gronk was mentally worn down by "The Patriot Way," which is one reason why he started contemplating retirement.

Remember, the Gronk retirement news kind of came out of nowhere at the Super Bowl when the tight end shocked everyone by casually admitting that he had actually been contemplating retirement for weeks.

"I don't know how you heard that, but I mean I'm definitely going to look at my future, for sure," Gronkowski said after the Patriots' 41-33 loss to the Eagles. "I'm going to sit down in the next couple of weeks and see where I'm at."

Instead of a "couple of weeks," Gronk has now taken a couple of months. As a matter of fact, the only time Gronk has been asked about retirement this entire offseason came on St. Patrick's when he accidentally showed up at my bachelor party dressed as a leprechaun and said he was going to play for the "69ers," which didn't really help answer the retirement question.

Besides being mentally worn down, Gronk has also been dealing with some serious injuries, including a concussion that nearly kept him out of the Super Bowl.

One other thing possibly holding Gronk back from returning is the nature of his relationship with Belichick. Not only is Gronk feeling some mental fatigue, but the reverse also seems to be true. According to ESPN, Belichick has been frustrated with Gronk because he's not sure whether his tight end is "all-in" when it comes to football. ESPN also noted that Belichick wasn't thrilled when he became aware of Gronk's social media post to Danny Amendola after the receiver signed with the Dolphins.

In a picture posted to Instagram, Gronk wrote, "It was a honor playing with ya the past 5 years, Danny Amendola. Thanks for all the hugs and memories! Stay lit, Be FREE, Be HAPPY."

The thing that irked Belichick is that, apparently, it wasn't a coincidence that Gronk decided to capitalize FREE and HAPPY in his caption.

The feeling around Boston was that Gronk was taking a shot at the Patriots and Brady played along, because he "liked" the picture on Instagram.

When you start getting upset about someone's social media posts, that's usually a good sign that maybe it's time to break up, and now, I'm not even sure if I'm talking about actual relationships or Belichick and Gronk.

Of course, if Gronk returns to the Patriots and proves to Belichick that he's fully committed to football, then the two men will likely be able to bury the hatchet. On the other hand, if Gronk wants to keep playing, but not in New England, that could open the door for a trade, which could be highly beneficial for both sides.

The Patriots would lose a disgruntled star, but they would likely be able to land some huge draft capital in return. Speaking of the draft, Gronk is probably going to have to figure out whether or not he's going to retire by then and that's because his decision will likely figure heavily into New England's draft plans.

If Gronk doesn't return, he'll have a lot of options on the table. Not only are Sylvester Stallone and the Rock trying to convince him to be an actor, but several wrestlers are also trying to convince him to join WWE. The tight end also has a role in an upcoming Mel Gibson movie.

Anyway, let's leave you with these words of wisdom from Gronk, himself.

but here's the catch: He's only willing to play for as long as Tom Brady remains with the team.

Duh, Gronkowski play only with Tom

Not shit you flipping Neanderthal!! Jimmy G is gone

He said this to tweak trade rumors. Gronkowski wants to be a Patriot but he wants more money. He knows his odds are best in NE to be the spotlight and win more rings.

So tired of reach stories.

Duh, Gronkowski play only with Tom

Not shit you flipping Neanderthal!! Jimmy G is gone

He said this to tweak trade rumors. Gronkowski wants to be a Patriot but he wants more money. He knows his odds are best in NE to be the spotlight and win more rings.

So tired of reach stories.

I don’t know.

Gronk on the Rams. LA. Glitz. Glamour. Events. Paparazzi.

I could see this as desirable to Gronk.

Pull a Herschel Walker deal.

Alright, put that way part 1 makes more sense.

Part 2? I’m telling you now, Cleveland has football people working now.

More than Indy...that's for sure.

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

Indy will be the next Browns...but even worse.

IMO these stories are unsubstaniated click bait for the quiet time between FA and the draft. Gronk has been working out at the Pats facility......thats all I need to know.

IMO these stories are unsubstaniated click bait for the quiet time between FA and the draft. Gronk has been working out at the Pats facility......thats all I need to know.

I’m not so sure.

Bill doesn’t have the propensity to play these games.

Imo, and my unsubstantiated opinion only, the team and Brady and Gronk in particular (the 2 Planet players on the team) feel the Butler BS cost them a ring. They commit over 100% to getting to that night and that foolish decision and the decision to stick with it after halftime cost them a game where TB threw for over 500. Unthinkable.

I think they were seething. I think they’re still pissed. But I hope everyone can eventually put it behind and move forward. If it’s gonna linger I think it’ll be moreso with Gronk, and if so you HAVE to move him.

From Bedard today

Since there’s basically zero chance of Brady not returning — I don’t care how bad things may be between Bill Belichick and Brady, there’s no way QB1 quits on Robert Kraft — that’s good news.

Belichick privately questioning whether or not Gronkowski is “all in,” and the coach being upset with some of his players’ Instagram activities — I’ve heard those as well. The “all in” part is some of the reason why I decided to explore Gronkowski’s trade market as part of due diligence. Doubt he gets traded but it’s something you can’t rule out and have to be prepared for.

Personally, I think BB and Gronk need to come to an understanding before or during voluntary camp. In the end, I think they'll get along well enough for Gronk to return. It's imperative that Gronk convince BB that he's ready to play & play well.

Lauren - who is awaiting her second heart and kidney transplant - said her only wish was to meet <s>@</s>RobGronkowski Gronk just made her wish come true and surprised her at the hospital! http://boston25.com/2pYtEJF

DZzBdzaW0AEEREO.jpg

Back