Tragedy in Dungy Family

I just saw that over on the RATS board, and was hoping it wasn't true. :( Did they give any details? Foul play?

Man, I sure hate to hear that, especially so close to Christmas. :(

just did a Google news search with no luck ..... I heard it on ESPN as well.

My thoughts are with Dungy and his family....I can not imagine having to deal with that with any of my 4 kids.:(

This is truly awful... My thoughts and prayers are with the Dungy family......:(

Was he the one you could sometimes see standing on the Colts sideline?

My prayers are with the Dungy family.:(

Dungy's 18-year-old son found dead

Colts coach leaves team after news of death of James

NBCSports.com news services
Updated: 9:32 a.m. ET Dec. 22, 2005
James Dungy, the 18-year-old son of Indianapolis Colts head coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his apartment in Tampa, Fla. on Thursday morning.

Tony Dungy has left the team temporarily to go to Tampa. The Colts are to play at the Seattle Seahawks on Saturday night.

More details to come on this breaking news story.

Man, I REALLY hate this! So young, and so close to Christmas... as a parent, I can't even imagine... :( :( :(

Thoughts and prayers to Dungy, his family, all the Colts, and fans and friends.

I'll be anxious to find out what happened. By all accounts, he was a good kid, and yes, he was at a lot of the games.

I couldn't find anything on CNN about it.

Prayers to the Dungy family.

This is indeed a sad event and if initial reports of suicide are true, it makes it a tragedy especially at this time of year.

Tony Dungy is a class act and I feel sorry for him and his family.

link to story

HomelessJoe said:
Was he the one you could sometimes see standing on the Colts sideline?

I believe that is Eric or Jordan, the younger sons that you are referring to.

I don't even know what to say regarding this news. Particularly three days before Christmas. Awful.

My deepest sympathies to the Dungee family. They've had a difficult past calendar year.

RoadGrader said:
This is indeed a sad event and if initial reports of suicide are true, it makes it a tragedy especially at this time of year.

Tony Dungy is a class act and I feel sorry for him and his family.

link to story

James Dungy, son of Tony Dungy, found dead

The Hillsborough County Sheriff's department is confirming the death of 18-year-old James Dungy. Dungy, the son of former Buccaneers coach Tony Dungy, was found dead in his North Tampa apartment by his girlfriend early this morning. A death investigation is going on now. At this time, it appears suicide is the cause of death.

The sheriff's office reports an emergency call came in at 1:30 a.m. from Dungy's apartment at Campus Lodge Apartments near USF. Paramedics responded, finding Dungy not breathing. They attempted CPR on Dungy, then transported him to UCH hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Stay tuned to WDAE and WDAE.com for the latest information.

Devastating news. I hope the Dungy family can find some peace. Thoughts go out to Tony and his loved ones.

how terrible. thoughts and prayers to the Dungy family.

Dreadful news...

As a father of a 3 yr old daughter, I can honestly say a child means more to a parent than ANYTHING in the world.

Just Terrible Terrible news.... :(

PA_PATS_FAN54 said:
just did a Google news search with no luck ..... I heard it on ESPN as well.

My thoughts are with Dungy and his family....I can not imagine having to deal with that with any of my 4 kids.:(

Very very sad, coach Dungy will never be the same again....

Something like this will put a scar on his heart forever....

May he and his family find peace in this difficult time...

another link

1222james1.jpg

I certainly hope suicide was NOT the case... that would just make it worse. :( Truly shocking and sad... words cannot describe how I feel right now... :(

Thats a tough thing to have to deal with. I have had three people pass away the past few months. Looks like god is trying to regulate the population in his own way since we can't do it.

:( :( :(

Back