Tragedy in Dungy Family

What a terrible thing.

I wouldn't wish something like this on my worst enemy.

I hope the family is able to handle this and not be anguished for too long.

A parent's worst nightmare. :(

My thoughts and sympathies go out to the Dungy family.

OMG.

If it is suicide, what an awful thing to do to himself, girlfriend, parents, grandparents, friends....or whomever.

At 18 nothing is so important that you'd do that.

Peace to the Dungys.

This is awful. I feel really bad for him and his family. A parent shouldn't have to bury a child. Things like this put everything else in perspective.
________
uhwh warehouse

dchester said:
This is awful. I feel really bad for him and his family. A parent shouldn't have to bury a child. Things like this put everything else in perspective.

Ditto that.... even the trolls at indystar are being nice to each other, about this. Fans of other teams popping in, too (that you don't usually see over there). Seems like everyone feels Dungy's a pretty good guy, and everyone seems genuinely saddened by this. As it/we should be. :(

cka203 said:
Ditto that.... even the trolls at indystar are being nice to each other, about this. Fans of other teams popping in, too (that you don't usually see over there). Seems like everyone feels Dungy's a pretty good guy, and everyone seems genuinely saddened by this. As it/we should be. :(

Something like this goes beyond rivalries and beyond any game. It's a nightmare that no one should ever have to live through.

I truly hope that the media respects his privacy. I know it may be a legitimate issue to wonder what type of impact this will have on the Colts for the rest of the season. But it somehow feels wrong to put this tragedy into that type of context.

Unfortunately for the Dungy's, I think there's going to be a media circus. And that will be sad. If he wants to speak about it to the public, he'll do so at a time of his choosing.

I hate Dungy and the Colts as much as the next Pats fan but nobody deserves something like this.

Thoughts and prayers to Dungy.

HomelessJoe said:
Was he the one you could sometimes see standing on the Colts sideline?

My prayers are with the Dungy family.:(

He was 6' 7" tall. His other son Eric made most of the games. James was older. He was quoted last year as saying if you don't get good grades we can't stay on the sidelines.

It's a shame.

horrible news.

tony dungy is a great coach and class act for the NFL.

my thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

how's that message board killer and current indystar asshole/virus, boohooloser taking it?

What an incredibly heartbreaking loss. A parent's love for a child is the most powerful feeling in the world, and I can't even come close to imagining the anguish this loss is causing.

My heartfelt sympathies and prayers to the Dungy family.

Did anyone see Polian's press conference? I didn't catch it all, but Polian was visibly upset. He said Caldwell would be coaching the team until Dungy was ready to come back, however long that would be, and it was completely up to him. He said Dungy wants them to prepare and practice and play, as usual, and Polian said something to the affect of "that's what we're gonna do. He's our leader, he's our role model, and we're gonna do what he wants us to do". Pretty good conference, IMO. (what I saw.... wish I'd caught it all) :(

Back