Vereen has a broken wrist

tehrick67

Reaction score
According to Jay Glazer Vereen broke his wrist and is having surgery today.

Steven Ridley likes this.

(Well probably not really, but you get the joke.)

Fvck. That lets Fumbleridley on the field by default.

If I know anything about Belichick from the last 13 years it's that he won't care who he has left in the backfield-- he's going to let Ridley stew in his own toxic juices for a lonnnnng time before he gets a sniff of the field and our former feature back is down to his last chance to stick around here.

Too bad about Vereen. Outside of Amedola he made probably the biggest offensive play of the day in carrying it deep into Buffalo territory with time ticking away.

Not only was Vereen clutch, there were a couple of occasions that showed him getting only two yards or so, but the tape shows that he was covered tightly and was able to get something out of nothing ala Kevin Faulk.

Let's hope he isn't out too long. We need him.

Tough Bastid! Did it on his first snap.

I agree with Hawg. Ridley will marinate in the salt of his tears. Boldens shot.

Zo was just saying on the radio he was watching Leon try and stretch something out, not too successfully. Possible hammie. That explains Blount on KR.

Zo was just saying on the radio he was watching Leon try and stretch something out, not too successfully. Possible hammie. That explains Blount on KR.

First snap? Then hell with that, forget surgery and stick him out there to play:coffee: So now we have one less guy Brady is comfortable throwing to...great. I hope Amendola is read for Thursday, he might get 30 balls.

He could, but he won't because this is only a 3-4 week injury.

PUP has nothing to do with IR/return.

He better not be rushed back like Gronk. For him to play that good with a broken bone says a lot. Does this mean Ridley gets a get out of the Dog house card.

I'm not sure anything explains a 250 pound kick returner except Bill thinks he's got good hands. Like Dierdorf, I've never seen that before.

Put a lot of coaches in charge of this same team and they'd be trying to find a young guy with blazing speed to be a difference-maker. I'd think Boyce would be a likely candidate, but as I've said before Bill seems to view kick returners on a level of importance somewhere between the kid that fills the water bottles and whoever does the team's laundry.

I'm not sure anything explains a 250 pound kick returner except Bill thinks he's got good hands. Like Dierdorf, I've never seen that before.

Put a lot of coaches in charge of this same team and they'd be trying to find a young guy with blazing speed to be a difference-maker. I'd think Boyce would be a likely candidate, but as I've said before Bill seems to view kick returners on a level of importance somewhere between the kid that fills the water bottles and whoever does the team's laundry.

Which I don't know why because its better to start at the 27 than the 15.

First snap? Then hell with that, forget surgery and stick him out there to play:coffee: So now we have one less guy Brady is comfortable throwing to...great. I hope Amendola is read for Thursday, he might get 30 balls.

What do you think the odds are that the Jets will double Amendola?

The problem with losing Vereen is not just his running/carrying ability but also his receiving ability. He's Faulk/Woodhead and great with screens. This is a huge blow.

Back