WARNING!!! Moose on the loose in Canada

Wondering if it was that movie about that Treadwell guy who got eaten along with his girlfriend in Alaska. He was a bit of an eccentric.
Yeah that was a pretty traumatic attack.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thanks. Will skip the clip and add the movie to my list. Love survival movies.

In that case, you can't miss Alive! (1993) about the soccer team that crashed in the Andes. Simply amazing, fact-based movie.

Before I click that link, does the bear get killed at the end? That's always the worst part for me. Screw the hikers. They're intruders in his realm.

nice values that was a disgusting sentiment

In that case, you can't miss Alive! (1993) about the soccer team that crashed in the Andes. Simply amazing, fact-based movie.

I read the book about 10 years ago. Amazing read.

Also, if you like the movie and/or book, look for the documentary they did where they brought 2 of the survivors back to the site. It's UNREAL!!! They ACTUALLY ran into the same guy on the same path that they found all those years ago. He still walks that path everyday. They all cried when they saw that it was him.

I read the book about 10 years ago. Amazing read.

Also, if you like the movie and/or book, look for the documentary they did where they brought 2 of the survivors back to the site. It's UNREAL!!! They ACTUALLY ran into the same guy on the same path that they found all those years ago. He still walks that path everyday. They all cried when they saw that it was him.

I'm pretty surprised they would ever want to go back there. Holds horrors for the survivors that most of us will never experience. Kind of like those Chilean miners who were buried alive for all those months. Except they were trapped in a cave which is pretty different from being stranded on a mountain at the top of the world. But the survival of any of the people from either group is a flat miracle. Thx for the tip on the documentary.

There's, what, probably about 6 of them left anyway outside of zoos? For our grandchildren, they'll be as mythical as Bigfoot.

:frown:

try ~30,000 and the #'s have been increasing

global-pb-population-size-graphic2_2017-feb-polarbearscience-corrected.jpg

What was the name of the movie? Was it good?

I saw it, it wasn't bad, but I went in with very low expectations...don't expect a fantastic movie, just a decent one. Wince worthy scenes in there.

My favorite survival movie by far is the The Edge. Most underrated movie of all time, in my book....and besides, I was a huge fan of Bart the Bear, star of the movie.

I saw it, it wasn't bad, but I went in with very low expectations...don't expect a fantastic movie, just a decent one. Wince worthy scenes in there.

My favorite survival movie by far is the The Edge. Most underrated movie of all time, in my book....and besides, I was a huge fan of Bart the Bear, star of the movie.

The Edge was a good movie...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Edge_(1997_film)

It was filmed mostly in Banff...very scenic. I don't live too far from there.

Do they kill him at the end?

NO SPOILERS!

But, this is the scene where they decide to try. Maybe my favorite scene in the movie.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/K4J_QfiGRRc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Turns out I had watched Backcountry before, but I am very bad at remembering movies for some reason (early dementia? I dunno), so watched it again anyway.

Turns out I had watched Backcountry before, but I am very bad at remembering movies for some reason (early dementia? I dunno), so watched it again anyway.

When that bear decides what it wants is in that tent and there’s no getting away I just got chills...

NO SPOILERS!

But, this is the scene where they decide to try. Maybe my favorite scene in the movie.

I don't watch animal snuff films, so I'm not watching this.

:stirpot:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

Sigmund did say something about giraffe envy, didn't he?

I think it was more something about giraffes smoking cigars.
:rolleyes:

I don't watch animal snuff films, so I'm not watching this.

:stirpot:

---------- Post added at 03:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

I think it was more something about giraffes smoking cigars.
:rolleyes:

You know they make new bears right?

Back