Was this Goodell's biggest bleep up?

https://news.grabien.com/story-eric...rabien.com&utm_term=68738&utm_content=2146351

Put this here cause more read here, but seems to straddle the two venues. Mods, feel free.
I think Schiffer's theory makes sense. At a time when ratings are falling it was potentially a typical Goodell snafu.

What do we all think?

Cheers

meh the article is a month old and the downward ratings trend is 2 years old and seems to be connected to cable cutting more than anything else...

I'd never send this to Goodell, because even though I'm getting really sick of politics being injected into sports I hate Goodell more. But if he really wants this to not be an issue any more there's one thing he can do and I guarantee it would fix it, at least until the President decides he needs to rile up the KKK element of his base again...

SHUT... THE F**K... UP ABOUT IT.

Every time the NFL brings up this topic it's like tossing gasoline on a fire. This story has been in the news since the President opened his big idiotic mouth almost a month ago, during that time 58 people were slaughtered by a nutjob with guns he should have never been allowed to own and who's talking about that anymore? No one. That story just disappeared. Not that I'm surprised, when Sandy Hook happened I knew Gun Control was dead in the US in my life time. Las Vegas is the far more important story but everyone keeps talking about the kneeling because the NFL won't STFU about it.

I just looked at CNN's front page and there is not one, NOT ONE mention of Las Vegas, but guess what idiotic story is there...

EtRlp6l.png

I want to get a job working PR for the NFL, because if I just came in to work every day, locked the door to my office and spent the entire 8 hours whacking off I'd still be doing a better job that whoever they have there now. Plus, yunno I could use the money.

Is this a rhetorical question?

I agree 100% with Goodell's stance on this idiotic non-issue. I don't care if they stand, kneel, or lay down during the national anthem. This isn't 1930's Germany so they can do what they want.

I agree 100% with Goodell's stance on this idiotic non-issue. I don't care if they stand, kneel, or lay down during the national anthem. This isn't 1930's Germany so they can do what they want.

The networks don't even show the anthem anymore at the start of games.

Watched Bs.

Excellent rendition of Canadian and US anthems once again by Renee.

Fvck all these activists.

Pffft, we're not scared of you Yanks! You think you're so big and strong but noone is when they've got maple syrup dumped all over them, slow ya down Canada style! We'll pummel you with timbits and slash your legs to bits with our hockey sticks, but if it comes down to it and our troops do succumb we have the ultimate weapon to defeat you. We'll take our name off all the maps and you'll never be able to find us.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UuQFI9TXiv8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

The networks don't even show the anthem anymore at the start of games.

They haven't for a while.except for Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl. They only started again recently, before stopping again.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Watched Bs.

Excellent rendition of Canadian and US anthems once again by Renee.

Fvck all these activists.

I love Rene, but he's about 10 years past his prime.

They haven't for a while.except for Conference Championship games and the Super Bowl. They only started again recently, before stopping again.

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

I love Rene, but he's about 10 years past his prime.

Still delivers a solid. Any time I start to think he’s sounding a little tired I stop and say no shite, I’ve been listening to him do it for 40+ yrs!

I'd be happy if all these "het up" types stopped acting like people have a RIGHT to protest in their workplace on work time in work uniform.

To me the thing that most bothers me about the NFL is...

Goddell's powers as judge and jury(sick of hearing about NFL players trying to play but NFL is trying to stop them.

(Hint NFL Players are why people watch not Goodells enforcement of a percieved infraction)

The NFL’s biggest bleep up was promoting Goodell to commissioner and not someone with honesty, competence and integrity. I refuse to watch any games now that don’t involve the Patriots and I won’t until he is gone. Yes, the owners are just as bad, but Goodell is their little bitch boy. He should be doing what is right, not playing favorites and having clear double standards and all the other shady, incompetent crap that he does on behalf of the scumbag owners.

The NFL’s biggest bleep up was promoting Goodell to commissioner and not someone with honesty, competence and integrity. I refuse to watch any games now that don’t involve the Patriots and I won’t until he is gone. Yes, the owners are just as bad, but Goodell is their little bitch boy. He should be doing what is right, not playing favorites and having clear double standards and all the other shady, incompetent crap that he does on behalf of the scumbag owners.

He'll not be confused with Kenesaw Mountain Landis.

Cheers

I'm curious.

Do that include wearing John 3:16 on your eyeblack?
Or cleats that commemorate 9/11?
Or a helmet decal honoring the slain Dallas Police Officers?
Or a "Stop Domestic Violence" color (similar to Pink representing Breast Cancer)?

Can they really "do what they want"... ?

And assuming you are cool with it...

Is the NFL consistent on this...?

I'm curious.

Do that include wearing John 3:16 on your eyeblack?
Or cleats that commemorate 9/11?
Or a helmet decal honoring the slain Dallas Police Officers?
Or a "Stop Domestic Violence" color (similar to Pink representing Breast Cancer)?

Can they really "do what they want"... ?

And assuming you are cool with it...

Is the NFL consistent on this...?
This is huge. Especially Domestic violence based on the players family, that is what bugs me the most.

Back