Watch for Robert Kraft to bend over for Bob NcNair

I just don't understand you people. What would Kraft have to do for you to get over this insane attacking of him. The man did what he believed would be the best way to put an end to this nonsense. Yes he made a mistake in trusting Goodell to be a reasonable person. Hell he gave you all an apology admitting he should not have put his trust in the league. But you guys just can't let anything go. In truth nothing Kraft did hurt any of you one iota. Move on already let Kraft deal with this. How quickly you all forget how well this man has handled the business of the Patriots.

He obviously made a mistake trusting that all NE fans would be reasonable as well.

The NFL lit the NE Patriots on fire. Bob Kraft threw water on the blaze in an attempt to extinguish it, and some fans are blaming Kraft because they got a steam burn while simultaneously arguing he should have instead thrown gasoline.

Kraft hasn't meddled in how BB runs his team. :taptaptap:

Bending over and taking it is something the NFL Franchise Agreement is iron clad about. Team owners are forbidden to sue the NFL or any individual employee of the NFL or any other owner. That's in black and white and you can thank ADavis for that.

Speaking of black and white...... and gray...

If is a fact that there is language that would allow the other owners to toss Sir Robert from the league.

It is an opinion, not shared by me, that they would have exercised that option.

It is an opinion, shared by me, that before exercising that option they would have taken a deep breath and realized that Robert Kraft brings in more cabbage than the commissioner.

It is a fact, not an opinion, that Robert Kraft was not mandated to give the "I accept the penalties" presser at the owners meeting. He could have gone silent and let the time frame for his appeal simply pass.

It is because of his WILLINGNESS to A) take the penalty and B) do so in such a public way, that I hold him accountable for his actions.

He didn't HAVE TO give the presser, he chose to. He didn't have to accept the penalty (although I agree, his appeal probably wouldn't have mattered), but he chose that path as well.

Personally, not only should he have called the "bluff of eviction" (assuming it was even discussed) and very publically resigned from the Broadcast Committee. I believe the other owners would have realized that Kraft is more valuable that GoodHELL (heck, any shit-for-brains can oversee the money rolling in) and we'd all be in a better place because of it. Yes, this last part is opinion as well.

Speaking of black and white...... and gray...

If is a fact that there is language that would allow the other owners to toss Sir Robert from the league.

It is an opinion, not shared by me, that they would have exercised that option.

It is an opinion, shared by me, that before exercising that option they would have taken a deep breath and realized that Robert Kraft brings in more cabbage than the commissioner.

It is a fact, not an opinion, that Robert Kraft was not mandated to give the "I accept the penalties" presser at the owners meeting. He could have gone silent and let the time frame for his appeal simply pass.

It is because of his WILLINGNESS to A) take the penalty and B) do so in such a public way, that I hold him accountable for his actions.

He didn't HAVE TO give the presser, he chose to. He didn't have to accept the penalty (although I agree, his appeal probably wouldn't have mattered), but he chose that path as well.

Personally, not only should he have called the "bluff of eviction" (assuming it was even discussed) and very publically resigned from the Broadcast Committee. I believe the other owners would have realized that Kraft is more valuable that GoodHELL (heck, any shit-for-brains can oversee the money rolling in) and we'd all be in a better place because of it. Yes, this last part is opinion as well.

I think even Kraft sympathizers/supporters agree with those 2 points. I know I do.

Other than hiring Belichick, what exactly has he done so well? Just because I accept his apology, doesn't mean that I forget about the ridiculously foolish decision he made, or think that he couldn't do it again.

He's made plenty of incredibly foolish decisions in the past, like siding with the incompetent Bobby Grier over Bill Parcells, and then siding with him again over Pete Carroll.

I'm not assuming he'll get this one right until he actually does.

He is drinking the koolaid and expects ALL Pats fans to partake in the
poison...

zoom+%282%29.gif

Jonestown-kool-aid.jpg

All I am certain of, is if I am Tom Brady, the next time Kraft said I got your back, I do not believe him. That is a pretty sad statement to make, I know. I don't know who said it but, fool me once shame on you...........

Some of us agree, some of us disagree, and some are somewhere in the middle. No one is going to change the other sides mind, and it just becomes a circular argument. Can't we all just agree to disagree, and move on, instead of rehashing this argument for the umpteenth time?:grovel:

And yes I know I don't have to click on the thread nor read the responses. I am certainly not condemning any side they all have their valid points. Are ya ready for some football!

~Dee~
I have no real argument with you, but the bottom line for me is as follows:

No one has to agree with anyone else's opinion on the topic, but everyone could plainly see what the title of the thread was. If someone couldn't deal with the topic (or doesn't want to hear a point of view they disagree with), they could have stayed out of the thread.

They get no sympathy from me about it. This is an internet forum, and people can express their opinions (especially when it's directly related to the thread topic / title).

http://www.inc.com/paul-schoemaker/6-ways-to-be-a-credible-leader.html

Integrity is directly tied to team members being true to themselves in terms of values and viewpoints. Authentic teams instill confidence, because they don’t play political games and don’t backstab others. Their word is their bond, and they can be counted on when things get tough or nasty. Integrity is closely tied to such time-tested ethical principles as honesty, fairness, and respect for others. It is important that team members do not abuse their privileges and power for personal gain, and that they are called on it when they do.

Clearly you miss the main point of my post. He may have in fact put the NFL on par with the Patriots as part of his Billion dollar decision making. I can't and won't fault him for this. If you had a the same risk you would be a fool to make a different decision.

Haters: please fill the rest of us in on ALL of the information, since you have it and are basing your decision on this info the rest of us don't have.

If you can't say you know everything that has occurred than what logic is there in basing a decision of the less than 100% of the facts?

You are passing judgment on Mr. Kraft as fans with little to no regard to Mr. Kraft as the owner. Put yourself in his shoes from a business perspective.

His actions speak louder than his words. That is all... :coffee:

Bending over and taking it is something the NFL Franchise Agreement is iron clad about. Team owners are forbidden to sue the NFL or any individual employee of the NFL or any other owner. That's in black and white and you can thank ADavis for that.

How do you know that? Do you think BB would tell the media if he did? You don't think there were any cuts on the team that were ordered by Kraft?

We do know that BB's boss is Kraft. The one thing that BB has that neither Parcells nor Carroll had was that he is also the GM. That's the one thing Kraft changed on with BB.

admission of guilt

link

Did you really need a link to "prove" that some people see Kraft's actions as an admission of guilt?

No link can prove that it actually was an admission of guilt, since Kraft maintained all along that the team disagreed with the findings.

Did you really need a link to "prove" that some people see Kraft's actions as an admission of guilt?

No link can prove that it actually was an admission of guilt, since Kraft maintained all along that the team disagreed with the findings.

No. The link was timely.

Clearly you miss the main point of my post. He may have in fact put the NFL on par with the Patriots as part of his Billion dollar decision making. I can't and won't fault him for this. If you had a the same risk you would be a fool to make a different decision.

Haters: please fill the rest of us in on ALL of the information, since you have it and are basing your decision on this info the rest of us don't have.

If you can't say you know everything that has occurred than what logic is there in basing a decision of the less than 100% of the facts?

You are passing judgment on Mr. Kraft as fans with little to no regard to Mr. Kraft as the owner. Put yourself in his shoes from a business perspective.

Nobody has 100% of the information of any given topic on this or any other board.

Should all opinions be abandoned without 100% knowledge?

I do think there are well crafted, informed arguments to be heard.

Kraft does bear a lot of this burden. This is his guy. No other owner publicly went to bat for this buffoon as hard as the Cardboard King. Kraft should have had an axe to grind from the Spygate mishandling. A 1st for filming from a location about 50 feet away from what would have been legal? Assinine!

Then there was Bountygate.

Then Incognito.

But nobody really cares. Making bank yo.

Until your team is the one in the crosshairs. But then it's too late.

How come Krzft never really spoke about details of this farce, publicly and with venom? Wait a second! You're report, the report we paid over $5 mil for, dismisses any knowledge or wrongdoing of the organization. Yet your penalty is to the organization for a 1st, a 4th, and a freaking million! Are you insane?!?!

That wouldn't be very hard to do. It would be step 1 in showing his paying customers he was truly pissed. That he wasn't just rolling over.

Now you've got this meathead in Houston. What's the rationale for not publicly lambasting and ridiculing him for his clear lack of knowledge and detail of the case at hand?

These are little common sense steps you'd expect a man with Krafts knowledge and the PR team he likely surrounds himself with to handle much better.

Think about it. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Goodell said to Mr. Kraft, off the record of course as he wouldn't want it in writing or recorded, that if the Patriots took the hit, Brady would be absolved of any guilt, and Mr. Kraft took him at his word. Goodell then decided that he didn't care what he said to Mr. Kraft and decided that he had to take TB to task. I think this was the plan all along - including the possibility of legal proceedings, because the NFL thought TB wouldn't have a leg to stand on.

Plausible.

Yet all the more stupid having been burnt for record punishment previously with this tool.

And with the wrapper coming off this turd sandwich in the emails released and the transcripts exposed and now more and more info coming out with Bountygate and the Incognito railroading....

He should have had a far better idea who he was dealing with.

Drew Bledsoe was signed to the biggest contract in NFL history at the time, 10 years, $103 million - in March 2001.

Considering he was traded a year later - do you think Belichick ran that negotiation all by himself? :coffee:

It took winning a Super Bowl with another QB to get Bob Kraft to back the **** off of that one.

Drew Bledsoe was signed to the biggest contract in NFL history at the time, 10 years, $103 million - in March 2001.

Considering he was traded a year later - do you think Belichick ran that negotiation all by himself? :coffee:

It took winning a Super Bowl with another QB to get Bob Kraft to back the **** off of that one.

Looking back at that contract now that's a bargain in today's NFL world.
Posted via Mobile Device

No but neither did Kraft. They were in agreement. Kraft surely didn't shove it down BB's throat if that's what you're implying.
I didn't say Kraft never got involved but I think he gets involved in a way that BB approves.

Plausible.

Yet all the more stupid having been burnt for record punishment previously with this tool.

And with the wrapper coming off this turd sandwich in the emails released and the transcripts exposed and now more and more info coming out with Bountygate and the Incognito railroading....

He should have had a far better idea who he was dealing with.

Kraft already got burned with Spygate...you would have thought that he would have learned a lesson with that.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back