We are on to Buffalo

THe Bills are being unusually quiet. Not much from Rex this week, not sure how A Williams is doing, but neither he nor McCoy have practiced. Dareus will finally play, plus Shaq Lawson will have 2 weeks practice back from his surgery, so looking better on Defense. Luckily our LB'rs are 100% healthy.

Still not sure if we have anyone that can catch a pass, other than Clay, who will probably, and has been lately, used more often. Hopefully, the Bills O-Line got lambasted for the putrid play vs. Miami and will pick it back up this week so the Bills can get back to running the ball. Gillislee can be real good, if they commit to the run and use McCoy without running his hammy injury into the ground

Whoever said, up a few pages, that this could be low scoring in the 1st half, you're probably right.

Oh I don't know about all that..........lol.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...-patriots-about-another-scrum-if-disrespected

LeSean McCoy out of practice again on Thursday

Posted by Josh Alper on October 27, 2016, 12:20 PM EDT

The Bills kept running back LeSean McCoy in the lineup last weekend despite a hamstring injury that led to several reports that he’d miss the game.

McCoy didn’t produce much against the Dolphins and then had to leave the game when the hamstring flared up over the course of the game. McCoy said he felt good heading into the game and Bills coach Rex Ryan defended the decision to play along those lines, but there might not be as much reason to take things all the way to kickoff against the Patriots this week.

McCoy missed his second straight day of practice on Thursday and that suggests that the results of playing him against New England wouldn’t look that different than they looked against Miami last Sunday. The Bills have said they’ll see how things progress over the course of the week, but the nature of hamstring injuries in general and McCoy’s specific history with such issues make it hard to say pushing it is the right decision.

Wide receiver Marquise Goodwin, safety Aaron Williams, left tackle Cordy Glenn and linebacker Zach Brown also missed their second practice of the week. Chris Brown of the team’s website reports that left guard Richie Incognito is also out for Thursday’s practice, although doesn’t supply a reason for his absence.

Whatever. I highly doubt that the Pats started that crap. Funny, the Bills were the only players fined.

I don't know what happens elsewhere. I haven't seen anyone talk about what other teams do. Seems silly come out of the locker room and walk right down the field when it is in use? But again, other than the Bills started scuffle, I do not know what is the norm. I am going to the Jags game over Thanksgiving. Can't wait to see.

Aaron Williams is done. He's contemplating retirement after the season so I doubt, I'll say I'm sure he won't be out there this week.

I don't see the Bills having any chance in this game, other than to keep it low scoring for awhile but if the TOP goes heavily in NE's favor, the defense will wear down and it's over by the 4th quarter.

The ONLY Hope Buffalo has is to stick with Gillislee and focus on the run, which is still tough because I think you guys, without looking, are doing well at stopping the run. Our O-Line is going to have to step it up and open some big holes, something they sucked at last week and the defense has to play lights out. Unfortunately, A Williams out, Gilmore playing like crap... it doesn't look good in our secondary. Brady will probably pick us apart throwing into the slot. And we still have no one at WR.

I'm not optimistic at all that we really have a chance this week. If wwe weren't so banged up, I'd see this as a great matchup, but the Bills are limping right now

Aaron Williams is done. He's contemplating retirement after the season so I doubt, I'll say I'm sure he won't be out there this week.

I don't see the Bills having any chance in this game, other than to keep it low scoring for awhile but if the TOP goes heavily in NE's favor, the defense will wear down and it's over by the 4th quarter.

The ONLY Hope Buffalo has is to stick with Gillislee and focus on the run, which is still tough because I think you guys, without looking, are doing well at stopping the run. Our O-Line is going to have to step it up and open some big holes, something they sucked at last week and the defense has to play lights out. Unfortunately, A Williams out, Gilmore playing like crap... it doesn't look good in our secondary. Brady will probably pick us apart throwing into the slot. And we still have no one at WR.

I'm not optimistic at all that we really have a chance this week. If wwe weren't so banged up, I'd see this as a great matchup, but the Bills are limping right now

Because you're so undermanned at WR, I'd expect way more base defense from the Patriots than we've seen all season.

I hope Edelman can pull his head out of his ass a bit, either that or more Amendola in the slot please, someone who can catch.

I think it was Bennett that killed you guys in the first game, and Gronkowski played like 10 snaps because he had a hangnail. Gronkowski appears up to speed now so, best of luck there.

Only real chance the Bills have is to just completely dominate the Patriots o-line, get big pressure with four rushers. I don't really trust this personnel to be super-successful in the one-step drop, 3-yard pass offense. They sort of need another half second for Hogan, Gronkowski and Bennett to get 10 yards down the field or so.

If Dion Lewis were playing, I'd feel much better about the 5-wide, chuck it 60 times offense, but he's not. If Edelman were playing up to his standards, I'd feel better, but he's not. I suppose the Patriots could try to ground/pound Blount some - but while the Bills don't have the best defense in the world, it's a shitton better than Pittsburgh's.

I think the Patriots try to put the hammer down in the first quarter, and go up a couple of scores, and then just manage it the rest of the way. Try. We'll see if they can do it. :shrug:

Not sure I will get back on today. Work is crazy today. May there be no injuries today and may we meet to play a third time this season.

Going with my heart as a Fan

Bills 20
Pats 17

Go Bills.

Because you're so undermanned at WR, I'd expect way more base defense from the Patriots than we've seen all season.

I hope Edelman can pull his head out of his ass a bit, either that or more Amendola in the slot please, someone who can catch.

I think it was Bennett that killed you guys in the first game, and Gronkowski played like 10 snaps because he had a hangnail. Gronkowski appears up to speed now so, best of luck there.

Only real chance the Bills have is to just completely dominate the Patriots o-line, get big pressure with four rushers. I don't really trust this personnel to be super-successful in the one-step drop, 3-yard pass offense. They sort of need another half second for Hogan, Gronkowski and Bennett to get 10 yards down the field or so.

If Dion Lewis were playing, I'd feel much better about the 5-wide, chuck it 60 times offense, but he's not. If Edelman were playing up to his standards, I'd feel better, but he's not. I suppose the Patriots could try to ground/pound Blount some - but while the Bills don't have the best defense in the world, it's a shitton better than Pittsburgh's.

I think the Patriots try to put the hammer down in the first quarter, and go up a couple of scores, and then just manage it the rest of the way. Try. We'll see if they can do it. :shrug:

I agree. Getting up two positions early will force the Bills to play catch-up, and they just don't have the personnel on offense at this point.

Not a lot of optimism on the Bills message board. They seem to think this game pretty much will end their season. They all think it would be a different story without all their injuries, but hope is in short supply for this weekend.

These early games are getting a bit tiresome and having to go to the bar to watch it sucks that early (9am) in the morning, they don't even serve beer until 10am. A man can only drink so much coffee....:coffee:

These early games are getting a bit tiresome and having to go to the bar to watch it sucks that early (9am) in the morning, they don't even serve beer until 10am. A man can only drink so much coffee....:coffee:

Can't drink all day if ya don't start in the morning.:toast:

McCoy listed as doubtful for Sunday. Playing him vs the Fins was really dumb.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/10/28/lesean-mccoy-doubtful-for-sunday/

The Bills have also ruled out safety Aaron Williams, who was injured on a brutal hit from Dolphins receiver Jarvis Landry last week. Also out is wide receiver Marquise Goodwin.

Perspective is everything. Rex knew the Fins game counted just as much as the Patriots game in the standings and thinking the Fins game was a must win AND winnable is totally appropriate. It was like going for it on 4th & 2...if you make it you win the game and look like a genius but sometimes things don't work out according to the odds.

Perspective is everything. Rex knew the Fins game counted just as much as the Patriots game in the standings and thinking the Fins game was a must win AND winnable is totally appropriate. It was like going for it on 4th & 2...if you make it you win the game and look like a genius but sometimes things don't work out according to the odds.

But pretty much an all in. Putting that win, important though it was, up against the real possibly of collapsing their whole season.

Cheers

Just remember, you can't drink all day unless you start in the morning. :toast:

But pretty much an all in. Putting that win, important though it was, up against the real possibly of collapsing their whole season.

Cheers

That's the point. If Buffalo didn't win vs the Fins, Buffalo's season would more probably than not be all but over with a win vs NE unlikely.

The Bills are 4-3, 1-2 in the division and 1-3 in the conference. With a likely loss to NE today, the Bills become 4-4, 1-3 & 1-4. Rex may be delusional at times but he knew he needed that win vs the Fins with a likely loss vs NE today and games in Seattle, in Cincy, vs Jags, in Oakland, (look at that awful travel schedule) and vs Pitt coming up. The Bills could be 1-5 or possibly 2-4 over their next 6 games. Either way they have a losing record. Beating the Fins was imperative; he gambled and lost. 4th and 2...

Back