Week 11 Other Games

Miami creeping into the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With how the Pats look the last 2 weeks, every team scares me.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You realize the Patriots dominated today, the game was never really in doubt?

You know that, right?

They aren't going to win every game 56-0. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Miami creeping into the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which picture would that be?

Down two and a tiebreak?

Home loss to Tampa Bay for KC.

Remind me why I'm supposed to be scared of KC, again? :coffee:

If the Pats somehow drew Houston and KC to get to the Bowl, it would be TWO tomato can games. Shaughnessy would be in his glory writing how the Pats got two byes to the SB.

You realize the Patriots dominated today, the game was never really in doubt?

You know that, right?

They aren't going to win every game 56-0. :coffee:

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:41 PM ----------

Which picture would that be?

Down two and a tiebreak?
That's true, but let's not pretend they played well enough to beat a legit contender. Both units had good portions of the game though. Brady was very good.

That's true, but let's not pretend they played well enough to beat a legit contender. Both units had good portions of the game though.

• No Gronk, no Hogan.
  • Dion Lewis still getting back to full speed.
  • A defense that's still re-inventing itself.
  • Most of the game played in a downpour, on the road after a cross-country flight.

A decent performance, all things considered. Plenty of room for improvement, but nice to see Mitchell have a really good game. James White showed something on his TD catch, barreling his way into the end zone and running over the defender.

That last 49er TD was classic garbage time, the Pats traded a score for 4 minutes coming off the clock.

Also, McDaniels started showing off the playbook a little during the last drive after the rain had stopped. When everyone is healthy, any offensive personnel grouping the Patriots will put out there is going to be extremely difficult to defend.

Yackky must be hunting. Pats blow out win is not his cup of tea. Although his Donks did not play so I will give him a pass.

Yackky must be hunting. Pats blow out win is not his cup of tea. Although his Donks did not play so I will give him a pass.

I was out hunting. Thanks for asking. And the Pats game wasn't on, so I didn't get to see it. Looks like a great game for the city of New England. Glad I mean so much to you.

That's true, but let's not pretend they played well enough to beat a legit contender. Both units had good portions of the game though. Brady was very good.

Last 4 drives, TD, TD, FG, CoreyDillon

They played well enough to beat a legit contender last week, coming less than a yard from a game-tying TD. That's with the defense playing like absolute garbage.

So yeah, they played fine. How about not ripping them when they do what they're supposed to, and dominate a team they're supposed to beat, on both sides of the ball. SF had, what, 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half? Including all the garbage time? Come on. A little perspective here.

The Seahawks played well today. They have come alive since beating the patriots. It's like the giants all over again. Speaking of the giants. 5 game winning streak. Jesus Christ TB fifth one is gonna be hard to get

I was out hunting. Thanks for asking. And the Pats game wasn't on, so I didn't get to see it. Looks like a great game for the city of New England. Glad I mean so much to you.

I am feeling so good on this Monday morning that what say we bury the hatchet? No more barbs from my end and you do likewise except for the natural ribbing that comes with being a rival fan on a Pats board. We talk football and bury the past. What say ye?

The perspective from SF:

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Patriots-Dominate-49ers-in--402173306.html

Going into Sunday afternoon’s game against the New England Patriots, the 49ers appeared to be overmatched.

In fact, Chad Finn of the Boston Globe wrote that the 1-8 49ers were the ideal opponent for the 7-2 Patriots, who were coming off a loss to the Seattle Seahawks.

“Nowadays, the Niners are hapless, hopeless and just what the Patriots need,” he wrote.
Unfortunately for San Francisco fans, he was right.

On Sunday, Tom Brady threw for 280 yards and four touchdowns in a 30-17 New England victory that gave head coach Chip Kelly his ninth straight loss. He’s the first head coach in franchise history to lose nine straight games.

After the Niners hung with the Patriots in the first half, trailing just 13-10, New England blew them away in the third and fourth quarters. The Pats scored 17 straight points until a late, meaningless TD in the final minutes.

Niners quarterback Colin Kaepernick completed 8-of-9 throws for 116 yards in the first half, but then went flat. Over the final two periods he was 7-of-21 for 90 yards.

It was a dominating win for the Patriots, who held the 49ers to just 299 total yards, sacked Kaepernick five times and forced San Francisco to punt eight times.

Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount was a handful, carrying 19 times for 124 yards, including a burst of 44 yards. Brady spread the ball around in the passing attack, findng the holes in the 49ers secondary and connecting 21 times with the receiving quartet of Malcolm Mitchell, Julian Edelman, James White and Dion Lewis.

After forcing four turnovers vs. Arizona last week, the 49ers didn’t get any against the Patriots.

The game slipped away from the 49ers in the fourth quarter after a scoreless third. The 49ers defense allowed the Pats to drive for three straight scores – two TD passes from Brady (one to Danny Amendola and one to Mitchell) and a field goal by Stephen Gostkowski.

By the time San Francisco answered with Kaepernick’s 13-yard scoring throw to Shaun Draughn with 2:09 remaining, the outcome of the game was long decided.
Now, at 1-9, the 49ers have six games remaining – including against the Dolphins this coming Sunday – and the only question remaining is, can they overtake the 0-11 Browns for the No. 1 overall pick?

Last 4 drives, TD, TD, FG, CoreyDillon

They played well enough to beat a legit contender last week, coming less than a yard from a game-tying TD. That's with the defense playing like absolute garbage.

So yeah, they played fine. How about not ripping them when they do what they're supposed to, and dominate a team they're supposed to beat, on both sides of the ball. SF had, what, 100 yards of offense in the 2nd half? Including all the garbage time? Come on. A little perspective here.

That heavy rain was an equalizer in the first half. Can't forget that.

Seattle released RB Christine Michael last week and last night promising rookie RB Prosise suffered a shoulder injury.

Adam Schefter Verified account ‏<s>@</s>AdamSchefter

Pete Carroll on RB C.J. Prosise's shoulder injury: "There's a chance he comes back this year....It's gonna be awhile though."

Just like that Seattle's RB corps is depleted.

Back