Week 14 Other Games

Steelers look like the biggest AFC threat for the Pats.

Frankly, at this moment I'm not convinced that any team in the AFC will be able to beat whoever wins the NFC, assuming that it's either the Cards or Cats. That could change if someone gets hurt, or if the Patriots get healthier ... but if the playoffs started today ... I don't know.

Andy Dalton, done for the year.

B-but I thought Cincinnati was for real this time! :coffee:

Andy Dalton, done for the year.

B-but I thought Cincinnati was for real this time! :coffee:

Losing Dalton is a plus for Cincy heading into the post-season.

Frankly, at this moment I'm not convinced that any team in the AFC will be able to beat whoever wins the NFC, assuming that it's either the Cards or Cats. That could change if someone gets hurt, or if the Patriots get healthier ... but if the playoffs started today ... I don't know.

Really? I was not all that impressed by the Cards barely squeaking by the Vikes and the Panthers balloon is going to pop hard soon with the pressure of the undefeated season. The Packers are frauds as we all know.

The only team I trust in the NFC is the Hawks who are getting great play from Wilson this last month and a defense that has got its swag back. The way the Pats defense is playing, I would favor them over anyone in the league at this point.

At halftime during the 1:00 games, we went to get our Christmas tree. The score of the Indy game was 13-9, Colts. Came home about 45 minutes later, turned the Steelers/Bengals game back on, saw the scores scroll and it was 44-16 Jags.

I had to rewind the live TV feed to make sure I saw that correctly. Still no outrage over the Jags running up the score either, going for that final TD on 4th and goal at the 1 was really classless. :coffee:

At halftime during the 1:00 games, we went to get our Christmas tree. The score of the Indy game was 13-9, Colts. Came home about 45 minutes later, turned the Steelers/Bengals game back on, saw the scores scroll and it was 44-16 Jags.

I had to rewind the live TV feed to make sure I saw that correctly. Still no outrage over the Jags running up the score either, going for that final TD on 4th and goal at the 1 was really classless. :coffee:

I hadn't thought of that yet but you are right on the money. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS!?!? Why didn't they just run into the line 3 times and punt? What message does it send-?

What are the jags teaching the kids, I ask you?

I see the Sewhags schtick of 'everyone hates us' is getting very tired now with the media.

Winners of four straight, the surging Seahawks are the hottest team in the league west of the Carolina Panthers -- and they'll make sure you know about it, too.

"Seattle Seahawks, back to doing what they do," Pro Bowl cornerback Richard Sherman said after Sunday's 35-6 whipping of the Ravens, per The News Tribune. "Let's call all those people who wrote us off -- and call for their jobs."

Nearly everything went right for the 'Hawks on Sunday, with quarterback Russell Wilson tossing a whopping five touchdowns to extend his pristine streak over the past four games to 16 scores alongside zero picks.

For the second week in a row, Seattle also kept their opponent out of the end zone, prompting defensive lineman Michael Bennett to echo Sherman's jab at the press.

"Remember the stories y'all were writing!" Bennett shouted in the locker room as scribes earning peanuts filtered in. "You've got to write good stories now."

The only ugly elements to Sunday's romp? The loss of rookie runner Thomas Rawls to a season-ending ankle injury -- and the completely predictable testiness from a star-filled roster that, honestly, hasn't been doubted by many.

Way back in early November, NFL Media's Conor Orr declared that Seattle would storm back in the NFC to finish with double-digit wins and coast into the playoffs with ease.

"Can't we all just see Richard Sherman lecturing us at the end of December," wrote Orr, "reminding us all 'I told you so?'"

It's no surprise to see Sherman bent out of shape on some crusade over a lack of respect. Even after multiple Pro Bowl and All-Pro nods, the endless stream of recognition apparently isn't enough.

As for his team, they were hardly dismissed, not after Seattle turned a 4-3 mark last season into a Super Bowl berth. The Panthers can argue that writers have been slow to warm up to their torrid barrage through the NFC, but similar straw-man arguments from the white-hot 'Hawks feel especially tired in 2015.

I see the Sewhags schtick of 'everyone hates us' is getting very tired now with the media.

"For the second week in a row, Seattle also kept their opponent out of the end zone"

Very impressed with that this week. You would think the immortal Jimmy Claussen could get the Ratbirds in the end zone at least a couple times based on sheer will alone.

...but SOS are only a conversation when the Pats are kicking some shit-ass team's teeth in.

Fvck Seattle.

They really are nauseating. The Sherman rants are getting tiresome as well, they're just a bunch of needy children. If the media aren't ball washing them, they're throwing their toys out of the pram.

And did you see Carroll yesterday? On the locker ffs.

CWJgYH6WsAIREUd.jpg

They really are nauseating. The Sherman rants are getting tiresome as well, they're just a bunch of needy children. If the media aren't ball washing them, they're throwing their toys out of the pram.

The Seahawks are kind of like the Rex Jets.
I once saw on PFT the absolutely best description ever of the Rex Jets: "they are like a 5 year old who wants you to look at their macaroni picture".

CWJgYH6WsAIREUd.jpg

Didn't they play the Ravens:shrug_n::confused::coffee:

~Dee~

Speaking of teams who are pretty pleased with themselves.....

What do you think BB's reaction would be if the players were taking pictures on the sideline before the game ended?

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6sk98sH78_k" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Speaking of teams who are pretty pleased with themselves.....

What do you think BB's reaction would be if the players were taking pictures on the sideline before the game ended?

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6sk98sH78_k" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

That was really bad, it was still more than 2 mins to play. That was out of order.

Remember when the Pats had basically won the division one year in a game against the Bills and the game was well won and the DBs started this silly dance and Bill chewed the bollix off them on the sidelines after that series :ROFL:

Report: No thumb surgery for Andy Dalton

Posted by Josh Alper on December 14, 2015, 2:57 PM EST

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton met with doctors about the fracture in his right thumb on Monday and it appears he will avoid an operation as part of the healing process.

According to multiple reports, Dalton will not have surgery to help repair the injury. The hope is that the bone can heal on it’s own over the next few weeks and that Dalton will be able to return for the postseason. At this point, the Bengals have only ruled him out for Week 15.

NBC sports medicine analyst Mike Ryan said on PFT Live Monday that the best-case scenario for Dalton’s return would be Week 17 with that timeline dependent on the location and type of fracture that he suffered. He also said that Dalton will need some time to build muscles back up once the bone has healed.

The Bengals can buy Dalton another week for that to happen if they earn one of the top two seeds in the AFC. They’re currently in the second spot and have a Monday night game with the Broncos in Week 16 that will likely determine if they hold onto that standing heading into the postseason.

Back