Week 15 gamete thread @ Indy Saturday December 18, 8:20 p.m.

Colts were the better team last night in most phases of the game, and some of the uncharacteristic play was forced. But not all, and not forced in a way that couldn't be overcome. Patriots played their 2nd worst game of the year and we're within 3 points of a likely playoff team right at the end.

I expect a rematch will go very differently.

Hightower was terrible. KVN wasn't good, either. Lack of intensity all around. Early on it looked like a KC in September sort of game.
But they showed a lot of heart coming back, and I think overall it bodes well moving forward.

Learn what you can.
Confront the overconfidence and lack of intensity.
On to Buffalo.
Hey Flagg,

Got this guy last week.

Attachments

• sonic.jpg
    sonic.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
A brief aside...

Back in the day, I was quite vocal, and harsh, about our former kicker who went to cavort with the forehead in his friends in the pussy dome.

After this weekend, I know where his true loyalties lie, and frankly, I was too nice back then.

Ef Vinitraitor now and for-ever.

A brief aside...

Back in the day, I was quite vocal, and harsh, about our former kicker who went to cavort with the forehead in his friends in the pussy dome.

After this weekend, I know where his true loyalties lie, and frankly, I was too nice back then.

Ef Vinitraitor now and for-ever.
what did he say?

what did he say?
He was part of some goofy pre game thing where they bang an anvil to get the crowd fired up. Doing it when the Colts were playing the Pats tells me he's got a permanent horseshoe in his ass.

Yes Colts fans I know he was there longer, but he won a lot more here and the classy way to handle this would be to wait for the Titans or Texans game.

He was part of some goofy pre game thing where they bang an anvil to get the crowd fired up. Doing it when the Colts were playing the Pats tells me he's got a permanent horseshoe in his ass.

Yes Colts fans I know he was there longer, but he won a lot more here and the classy way to handle this would be to wait for the Titans or Texans game.
i wonder if we had people here crying that we didn't cheer for him enough or that we should cheer for him his first game back in foxboro?

I distinctly remember discussing on this board with other posters over the first couple of games this season, that the ST was not looking its normal self and they were getting waaay too close to Bailey on punts and Folk on FGs.

Found a post after the Saints game.

And during the Cowboys game.
EVeryone should have a go to genious for those moments when a pithy quote would go nicely. :rofl:

I haven't gone through all 41 pages of this thread, but, a couple of things that hopefully haven't already been covered extensively:

I deleted the first half when I was pissed, but I'm pretty sure that Barmore didn't play at all during the first couple of series, including their first, long TD drive. When he
did enter the game he played, I thought, quite well and helped plug the interior up a bit and I think it's fair to ask why Carl Davis started the game and Barmore was held
out. Was this some sort of punishment? If not, then it was a questionable defensive game plan.

On a related note, we've been winning by running inside and keep attempting that approach even if it doesn't work particularly well early. In every game during the winning
streak we saw those plays start to pop for big yardage and whoever came up with the outside runs made a mistake, imo.

I feel bad for N'Keal Harry. I can't believe he took another head shot, which was conspicuously and egregiously ignored by the refs who had a bad night. This guy has taken far too many KO shots to the dome and I have to wonder if it is intentional, since he's a hyper-aggressive blocker and, no doubt, unpopular among opponents. Sendejo should have been kicked
out of the game.

While I'm griping, I need to admit that I'm completely puzzled as to what the hell is going on with Isaiah Wynn. He was helpless and has to be driving the coaches crazy with his
refusal to play dependable, smart football. The play where he missed his block and then peeled back and knocked our RB down was just embarrassing. I need to ask why he's playing
when we have a guy like Onwenu playing spot duty, which doesn't make any sense to me. He's one of the best Olinemen we have, despite drawing that critical presnap penalty that
likely might have cost us points. I think it's time to make a move. Wynn cannot get out of his own way, can't keep his focus and his pass-blocking isn't adequate. Start Onwenu at RT and move Trent Brown to LT, please. STAT. Both have played those positions well in the recent past. It shouldn't be a big problem to make that work well fast.

I just don't understand why we're seeing the same shit week in and week out and we just allow Wynn to be a human turnstile. And a regular drawer of flags. We've got options. Let's use them.

On a brighter note, maybe not having a first round bye is a blessing in disguise. Time off may not be great for us.

One more thing-- it's been my contention that when we lose big games over the years there are two regular themes. One is that we lose largely because of a monster effort
by a motivated, superior athlete and Taylor certainly checked that box. With a few others. Taylore is every bit as dominant as Derrick Henry was and is just killing it lately. Good luck to anybody trying to stop that guy down the stretch. Fast guys we tend to handle well, but not so much the fast guys who refuse to get tackled.

The other thing we've run into is that we are not a team that depends on emotional frenzy to win games and, in the short-term at least, that can be really tough to overcome. The
Colts were foaming at the mouth for most of that game and we couldn't match the intensity until it was too late. Let's hope we crank it up substantially for the Bills, because they
tend to go off in a similar way once they get started.

Also, this game featured one of the stupidest signs I've ever seen: MAC JONES HATES SANTA. That was just a bit over the line.

Hawg73 said:
The other thing we've run into is that we are not a team that depends on emotional frenzy to win games and, in the short-term at least, that can be really tough to overcome.
damn good point, and definitely a theme, especially post bye.

I haven't gone through all 41 pages of this thread, but, a couple of things that hopefully haven't already been covered extensively:

I deleted the first half when I was pissed, but I'm pretty sure that Barmore didn't play at all during the first couple of series, including their first, long TD drive. When he
did enter the game he played, I thought, quite well and helped plug the interior up a bit and I think it's fair to ask why Carl Davis started the game and Barmore was held
out. Was this some sort of punishment? If not, then it was a questionable defensive game plan.

On a related note, we've been winning by running inside and keep attempting that approach even if it doesn't work particularly well early. In every game during the winning
streak we saw those plays start to pop for big yardage and whoever came up with the outside runs made a mistake, imo.

I feel bad for N'Keal Harry. I can't believe he took another head shot, which was conspicuously and egregiously ignored by the refs who had a bad night. This guy has taken far too many KO shots to the dome and I have to wonder if it is intentional, since he's a hyper-aggressive blocker and, no doubt, unpopular among opponents. Sendejo should have been kicked
out of the game.

While I'm griping, I need to admit that I'm completely puzzled as to what the hell is going on with Isaiah Wynn. He was helpless and has to be driving the coaches crazy with his
refusal to play dependable, smart football. The play where he missed his block and then peeled back and knocked our RB down was just embarrassing. I need to ask why he's playing
when we have a guy like Onwenu playing spot duty, which doesn't make any sense to me. He's one of the best Olinemen we have, despite drawing that critical presnap penalty that
likely might have cost us points. I think it's time to make a move. Wynn cannot get out of his own way, can't keep his focus and his pass-blocking isn't adequate. Start Onwenu at RT and move Trent Brown to LT, please. STAT. Both have played those positions well in the recent past. It shouldn't be a big problem to make that work well fast.

I just don't understand why we're seeing the same shit week in and week out and we just allow Wynn to be a human turnstile. And a regular drawer of flags. We've got options. Let's use them.

On a brighter note, maybe not having a first round bye is a blessing in disguise. Time off may not be great for us.

One more thing-- it's been my contention that when we lose big games over the years there are two regular themes. One is that we lose largely because of a monster effort
by a motivated, superior athlete and Taylor certainly checked that box. With a few others. Taylore is every bit as dominant as Derrick Henry was and is just killing it lately. Good luck to anybody trying to stop that guy down the stretch. Fast guys we tend to handle well, but not so much the fast guys who refuse to get tackled.

The other thing we've run into is that we are not a team that depends on emotional frenzy to win games and, in the short-term at least, that can be really tough to overcome. The
Colts were foaming at the mouth for most of that game and we couldn't match the intensity until it was too late. Let's hope we crank it up substantially for the Bills, because they
tend to go off in a similar way once they get started.

Also, this game featured one of the stupidest signs I've ever seen: MAC JONES HATES SANTA. That was just a bit over the line.
Good summation and I agree on the sign, I saw that was like WTF is that all about. Colts fans are a strange breed (Not directed at you TylerD).

I suppose we should feel good that-- while our rookie looked like a rookie at times-- he didn't melt down, didn't turtle and came back strong. A case in point being that after he threw two bad picks, he had the stones to again challenge Darius Leonard and, this time, our guy slipped it past him. It was a very narrow margin, but I think it reflects Mac's statement that he has to balance
being safe with the ball without losing his aggression in the process. That's the right path, right there. Be careful, but not too careful.

That TD to Henry was reminiscent of the one to Bourne versus Dallas. Both times he went back at a star defender that had gotten him earlier and this time he got them.

Mac is a very resilient kid. He had a rough night, but he's got the right stuff.

Back