Week 9 Gamete thread: @ Carolina

I saw Myles Bryant struggling during the preseason and I thought "this kid has no chance to stick".

I was dead wrong. I can't comment much on his coverage skills, but his tackling and hitting have been eye-opening.

That tackle on DJ Moore was crushing and totally legal. Bryant doesn't appear very big, but he packs a wallop. I think he's planning
on sticking around for a while. You can't cut somebody that plays like that and we definitely needed somebody to step up and take
some productive snaps.

I saw Myles Bryant struggling during the preseason and I thought "this kid has no chance to stick".

I was dead wrong. I can't comment much on his coverage skills, but his tackling and hitting have been eye-opening.

That tackle on DJ Moore was crushing and totally legal. Bryant doesn't appear very big, but he packs a wallop. I think he's planning
on sticking around for a while. You can't cut somebody that plays like that and we definitely needed somebody to step up and take
some productive snaps.
I thought he showed some promise last year. That INT he had vs the Rams was a nice play and his skills could be used in the nickel or the reps BB was giving him at Safety. I could tell when he was at the podium about 3 weeks ago that he was ready to go, just brimming with confidence. His in line speed is impressive as is his lateral movement as well, along with the textbook tackling skills.

some productive snaps.
Yup.

I was impressed with his tackling during the game. Very decisive and follows through. No arms tackling.

Quite frankly, it’s an example that needs to be set this season for some reason.

What a geat win to be at! So many PPers there. The Saturday fan event was fun. Ben Coates was there with one of the Lombardies. Allegedly, Brian Hoyer was there signing autographs. The game weather was perfect, as was the stadium experience with the city skyline towering over the stadium. The only heckling we got was some dude behind us said after the wheels were coming off, "We beat the Saints and they kicked your ass, so there's that!" :rofl: Pats fans were well-represented, like 30-40%. Once their fans started emptying out, it was a home game.

Sam Darnold finished with a 26.3 passer rating vs. the Patriots.
Our front 4 dominated him.

What a geat win to be at! So many PPers there. The Saturday fan event was fun. Ben Coates was there with one of the Lombardies. Allegedly, Brian Hoyer was there signing autographs. The game weather was perfect, as was the stadium experience with the city skyline towering over the stadium. The only heckling we got was some dude behind us said after the wheels were coming off, "We beat the Saints and they kicked your ass, so there's that!" :rofl: Pats fans were well-represented, like 30-40%. Once their fans started emptying out, it was a home game.
Our fans have been superb this season. They're travelling in huge numbers to away games.

That is awesome.

The one game I don't go to, you all go. LOL

I have had no major problems with Carolina fans the times I have gone. The first time we went we were on the Panthers side, so far up I think I could touch a plane. LOL But the three older gentlemen were ribbing us until I started talking football with them, they paused, looked at each other and looked at hubby. He told them, she is the football fan not he. Though in fairness since that day he has come a long way to learning about the game. But after that we talked during the game and it was nice.

Another time we went, we were on the Pats side. A drunk Carolina fan came over and tried to bully my hubby saying he was in the wrong spot. The group of Pat fans behind us placed a hand on my husband's shoulder and told him he was good and they got this. LOLOLOLOL

One more time and I will stop. Another time we were leaving and it was a pre season game and we lost. I was cold, so cold so a Carolina fan thought I was crying but I was shivering cold. She said outloud, look at the crying Pat fan. I helded up some fingers. She asked what the F does that mean.

I had held up four or five fingers and kept walking.

It was the amount of SBs we had won at that time.

Everyone around her got it.

Over all a nice place. I will go back.

Last edited:
That is awesome.

The one game I don't go to, you all go. LOL

I have had no major problems with Carolina fans the times I have gone. The first time we went we were on the Panthers side, so far up I think I could touch a plane. LOL But the three older gentlemen were ribbing us until I started talking football with them, they paused, looked at each other and looked at hubby. He told them, she is the football fan not he. Though in fairness since that day he has come a long way to learning about the game. But after that we talked during the game and it was nice.

Another time we went, we were on the Pats side. A drunk Carolina fan came over and tried to bully my hubby saying he was in the wrong spot. The group of Pat fans behind us placed a hand on my husband's shoulder and told him he was good and they got this. LOLOLOLOL

One more time and I will stop. Another time we were leaving and it was a pre season game and we lost. I was cold, so cold so a Carolina fan thought I was crying but I was shivering cold. She said outloud, look at the crying Pat fan. I helded up some fingers. She asked what the F does that mean.

I had held up four or five fingers and kept walking.

It was the amount of SBs we had won at that time.

Everyone around her got it.

Over all a nice place. I will go back.
How does a Panthers rib a Pats fan exactly?

How does a Panthers rib a Pats fan exactly?
They were bringing up the cheating.

Talking about how Bill is nothing without TB or maybe it was the other way around.

Not sure if there was more, you know, old age and stuff.

They were bringing up the cheating.

Talking about how Bill is nothing without TB or maybe it was the other way around.

Not sure if there was more, you know, old age and stuff.
Oh yes, the mythical "cheating" claims that have debunked 1000 times over. Losers.

This is why I don't talk NFL football with many people outside my circle. Just isn't worth it.

Lived in North Carolina for around 20 years. Hate that vinegar based barbecue there. Live in Texas now barbecue is the bomb here.
I like it all. KC has the best, IMO. Memphis is also good. Brisket in Texas is certainly good as well and it's own animal.

Back