Week 9 other games, 'cause, well, that's all there is...

I am not a millennial and I ****ing abhor them. Helps that there's some decent basketball on to switch back and forth.

Also, I was just being facetious. It was a circus what happened in the dying moments of the first half. All in all, the reffing started out really well, I thought. I was even joking with a friend that Roger would have to phone in some flags to ruin the experience; and sure enough...

Feel bad for you. You didn't deserve this loss at all (can't say I'm disappointed for ME, mind you).

I'm just glad I don't have to hear Gruden say "defend every blade of grass" again.

Oh tell me about it. What a douche.....

Meh, can't get too down. Took Seattle down to the wire in their building, tough place to play, but dammit, how do we play that good, well not the secondary, and lose to Miami??????

I guess the Bills just have another year or so to go

Have to feel sorry for Rex there. That was disgraceful from the officials. It was as blatant roughing the kicker as you'll ever see. Sherman claims he went to touch the ball but he dove in low at the kickers legs. That's a few times this season where Sherman has gotten away with murder. The Julio Jones blatant DPI that wasn't called and yesterday as well right at the end there could have been DPI called on him in the end zone. Are the officials scared of him or something?

Then he makes a fool of himself further taunting Rex on the sideline. I know he's a smart intelligent guy who speaks well on the NFL etc but he can be a real clown on the field.

I believe Sherman touched the ball in which case he is allowed to hit the kicker. I am not sure why a penalty was called at all.

I believe Sherman touched the ball in which case he is allowed to hit the kicker. I am not sure why a penalty was called at all.

The play was dead. It should have been called for a late hit. He's not allowed to hit the kicker as the play was dead.

The play was dead. It should have been called for a late hit. He's not allowed to hit the kicker as the play was dead.

That is tricky though as the whistle came as he was going for the ball and the kicker went to kick the ball as well so he is in full flight trying to block it and he did contact the ball. The flag should have been just for off-sides. I didn't see anything malicious in the hit at all. He was completely going for the ball and made contact with the ball so no foul at all in that regard. I think people are over reacting because the kicker got hurt, well not too hurt as he came in and kicked the FG anyways, but I didn't see anything that should have been 15 yards in the nature of the hit.

Blandino said it should have been roughing the kicker, 15 yds for Buffalo and Buffalo should not have had to use a play to stop the clock so the kicker could come back into the game after the attendants came out for him. That's how I saw it when it happened.
It was a totally blown call and Sherman got away with another dirty play that he's becoming known for this year.

With all the negative pub this play is getting for Sherman, surely the refs will be watching him like a hawk vs us. That's a good thing.

Eh, by far the worse offense by the officials was the delay of game call following. (I mean, in that sequence of events). That was shameless -- where at least you could argue one way or another wrt the roughing the kicker non-call.

Eh, by far the worse offense by the officials was the delay of game call following. (I mean, in that sequence of events). That was shameless -- where at least you could argue one way or another wrt the roughing the kicker non-call.

That's true. The refs should be called for piling on.

Blandino said it should have been roughing the kicker, 15 yds for Buffalo and Buffalo should not have had to use a play to stop the clock so the kicker could come back into the game after the attendants came out for him. That's how I saw it when it happened.
It was a totally blown call and Sherman got away with another dirty play that he's becoming known for this year.

With all the negative pub this play is getting for Sherman, surely the refs will be watching him like a hawk vs us. That's a good thing.

Tell that to Cam Newton

Have to feel sorry for Rex there. That was disgraceful from the officials. It was as blatant roughing the kicker as you'll ever see. Sherman claims he went to touch the ball but he dove in low at the kickers legs. That's a few times this season where Sherman has gotten away with murder. The Julio Jones blatant DPI that wasn't called and yesterday as well right at the end there could have been DPI called on him in the end zone. Are the officials scared of him or something?

Then he makes a fool of himself further taunting Rex on the sideline. I know he's a smart intelligent guy who speaks well on the NFL etc but he can be a real clown on the field.

This happened later in the game.

https://twitter.com/Deadspin/status/795851197286612992/photo/1

No team benefits from officiating at home more than Seattle. This has been ongoing for a couple years now. There is always 1 or 2 games every year that they win with some very bad calls. Last year the Lions should've beat them in a controversial game and of course, it all goes back to the GB "Fail mary" game.

Sherman already was the center of controversy a few weeks ago with that blatant non-pass interference call over Julio Jones. This makes two games, that were arguably giftwrapped to Seattle with officiating.

I hope the Pats slaughter them next week in Foxboro. Bury this team, no one wants to ever see them reach another Super Bowl.

The refs blew the block play by not blowing it dead soon enough when he jumped off sides and then was unblocked to the kicker. Can't blame Sherman for continuing the play until the whistle, at which time it's too late for him to stop. If he gets a piece of the ball, worst case is for a 5 yd penalty for off sides. If he avoided all contact then the Bills get 3 points on a made field goal, or get to kick again.

I believe Sherman knew he was off sides, and then, did the best thing he could do by getting a piece of the ball. The reason the play looked so bad was all on the refs.

Refs also screwed the pooch on that spike play, standing over the ball until 5 seconds left on the play clock.

Maybe ratings are down in the NFL because of all the God damn commercials. Millennials don't watch commercials

I'm far from millennial status and I hate the commercials. There's far too many and far too often. What really bothers me are the Network promos while a team is lining up for a key 3rd down situation. Make sure you watch NCIS....

I tried watching that game last night. I got home from work as the 2nd half was starting. I ate my dinner, cracked a beer, and before I knew it it was 3am. I was out cold on the couch. They cut to commercial and I lose interest real quick and change the channel or just simply fall asleep. At least the beer bottle was empty though

I think that just maybe, he was offsides.

popcorn

Back