We're on to Cincinnati - Sunday 12/15 1PM

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
The phrase is once again relevant.

Let's try to keep this focused on the game and leave the distractions to other threads.

Looks like Cincy DEFENSE ranks

31st in total yards allowed

23rd in points allowed

19th in passing defense

32nd in rush defense

Offense

25th in total yards

31st in points

18th in passing

28th in rushing

NE is #1 in turnovers at +19

Cincy is #30 at -11

Looks like Cincy DEFENSE ranks

31st in total yards allowed

23rd in points allowed

19th in passing defense

32nd in rush defense

Offense

25th in total yards

31st in points

18th in passing

28th in rushing

NE is #1 in turnovers at +19

Cincy is #30 at -11

Those numbers combined with our illegal video taping, headset interference, equipment highjacking, warm Gatorade, and deflated balls, should be a nice, easy win. :spock:

Plus the refs being on our side....

I was at that last 'we're on to Cincinnati' game. The Pats kicked butt. I think that's the year we lost in Miami to open the season, then lost to KC in game 4, if memory serves. All was lost for some fans. And then, the rest is history! I honestly don't even know who Cincinnati's qb is. It's a road/AFC contest for the Patriots, and I know folks are not even sure about This game. We need this game. Yup, it feels like a 'must win' against the god-awful Bengals. Didn't they win a game recently? And it could be one of the last 4 or 6 games for Brady (the goat) in a Patriot's uniform. Let's enjoy watching him drop back/pass/matriculate down the field.

A question for those in the know: Who's really good on the Bengal's defense? How's their running backs, receivers? Thanks

Cincy actually has pretty decent RB's and receivers. Mixon is good, they have several talented receivers...although they just lost Auden Tate, who was really good.

Their coaching and QB are what limits their potential....not their RB's and receivers.

Cincy actually has pretty decent RB's and receivers. Mixon is good, they have several talented receivers...although they just lost Auden Tate, who was really good.

Their coaching and QB are what limits their potential....not their RB's and receivers.

Mixon is one of the better rb's in the NFL.

Their o-line is holding them back as well. They are really bad. A RB as good as Mixon should not have three games where he's averaged 1.67 YPC or less, one game where he averaged 0.2 YPC on 10 carries, and another game where he averaged 2.32 YPC.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MixoJo00.htm

Thanks. I actually forgot or didn't know Andy Dalton was the QB. I thought he was replaced, or injured. I remember a Patriots player being asked, a few years agp: "Who's the better quarterback, Ryan Tannahill, or Andy Dalton?" And without much hesitation, the answer was "Andy Dalton". Now, I know I'm not talking about joe Montana and Dan Marino...

Thanks. I actually forgot or didn't know Andy Dalton was the QB. I thought he was replaced, or injured. I remember a Patriots player being asked, a few years agp: "Who's the better quarterback, Ryan Tannahill, or Andy Dalton?" And without much hesitation, the answer was "Andy Dalton". Now, I know I'm not talking about joe Montana and Dan Marino...

They benched him for Ryan Finley for three games. Went back to Dalton week 13 against the JETE.

Dalton is about to be booted. Tannehill is about to get paid again. It might be one of his best years as a qb, but, RT is actually playing well...at least this year anyway.

I'm thinking about going, but then I remembered I went to the game in Detroit last year. So I'm staying away..

Wednesday's #Patriots Injury Report DNP WR Edelman (Knee/Shoulder) LIMITED LB Bentley (Knee) DL Cowart (Head) C Karras (Knee) CB McCourty (Groin) WR Sanu (Ankle) DT Shelton (Shoulder) FULL QB Brady (Right elbow) WR Harry (Hip)

Nice to have a solid confidence boosting game after two bad ones.

Let's hope we don't shit the bed again. And let's hope the refs aren't a complete disaster again.

Back