We're on to Cincinnati

Watch AJ Green have his quietest game of the season. Dalton will be harassed and beaten all night.

2 games vs. NE: 10 rec, 142 yds, 1 TD

5/61 in 2013, and 5/81 1 TD in 2014

Good, not great, certainly below AJ Green standards, historically. We'll see, I think Green's gonna get a ton of double coverage.

What I'd like to see is for Butler to shut down Brandon LaFell and make him cry :)

Why? They've given up 29 total points their last 3 games.

The QB that started for Cleveland was either their 3rd or 4th QB so far, and they had no problems moving the ball, until he went out and Pryor came in. Now it's hard to shutout even a bad team (which Houston is), but I'll give them some credit for that. The bottom line for me, is thus far, I'm not overly impressed and still concerned (which granted is different from saying they're bad). To be clear, I'm not saying they are bad, but I don't think they're great by any stretch. Maybe they will get there, though.

If Eifert doesn't play for Cincinnati, (and it looks like he won't), it will come down to whether the Pats can cover Green, (along with how much Brady lights them up). I do think the Bengal will quit, if the Pats can get a good lead early, (but I've been wrong before).

I saw a meme somewhere but now I can't find it. I thought it was here.

It said something like:

Cincinnati was crying over a dead gorilla. Imagine how they will feel with 53 dead Bengals.

If anyone can find that and post it here, that would be awesome. I want to send it to my Bengal fan friends.

Write up coming ... :coffee:

Simply put their just not the same team as last year. Not even close, at least rn. Both lines suck. Missing Hue's playing calling. Losing T.E. is huge (was looking like the 2nd best t.e. for a while last year).

Two different teams going two different directions.

See Tom walked out of the passer today? Some idiot asked him as a father with kids what did he think o Donald Trump's comments on groping kids? He simply smiled and said thanks guys, and walked off.

See Tom walked out of the passer today? Some idiot asked him as a father with kids what did he think o Donald Trump's comments on groping kids? He simply smiled and said thanks guys, and walked off.

He's too smart to play those kinds of games with the MSM. I'm sure he despises them as much as he does Goodell.

Wednesday practice report:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 12, 2016

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (4-1)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
RB Brandon Bolden - Knee
LB Jonathan Freeny - Shoulder
G Shaq Mason - Not Injury Related

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
TE Martellus Bennett - Ankle
RB LeGarrette Blount - Hip
OT Marcus Cannon - Calf
WR Julian Edelman - Foot
QB Jimmy Garoppolo - Right Shoulder
TE Rob Gronkowski - Hamstring
LB Dont'a Hightower - Knee
LB Shea McClellin - Concussion
WR Malcolm Mitchell - Hamstring
TE Greg Scruggs - Knee
OL Joe Thuney - Shoulder
DL Vincent Valentine - Back

FULL PARTICIPATION
No Players Listed.

CINCINNATI BENGALS (2-3)

OUT
No Players Listed.

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
G Clint Boling - Shoulder
LB Karlos Dansby - Not Injury Related
TE Tyler Eifert - Back/Ankle
WR A.J. Green - Calf

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
HB Rex Burkhead - Hamstring
HB Jeremy Hill - Chest
S George Iloka - Shoulder
TE C.J. Uzomah - Ankle

FULL PARTICIPATION
WR James Wright - Hamstring

He's within his rights to nope the question. That's fine, he's just an athlete and is under no obligation to answer it.

But the reporter's not an idiot for asking it, especially since he had the MAGA hat in his locker last year.

It was a fair question, and Brady didn't answer it. Both things are fine.

You must have had a very frustrating 17 years with Bill. :domORIGINAL: So have I.

This is what Bill Belichick does.

I don't know why, but aggressive, attacking defensive schemes are just not his bag. He seems to like boring the other teams to death and it has been a very successful, if puzzling, formula.

Sometimes Bill will break his longtime tendencies and I wondered if we were stocking up for a pressure D, but the second half of the Miami game was no accident.

The logical thing to do when you see a young or inexperienced QB in there is to blitz and keep him off balance, but 9 times out of 10 those are the guys that look good against us and I've all but given up hope that that is ever going to change.

He doesn't (I could say Matt Patricia, but I don't really see the point) mind giving up yards or watching a scrub QB get himself in a rhythm as long as we have a lead and keep the play in front of his DBs.

If it's a running QB then it's rare to see a lot of pressure and he'll tell the boys to just keep him in the pocket as we saw with Tyrod Taylor having 6 seconds to scan the field.

I'd guess the number one point of the Browns game was to control the ground game first and then Terrelle Pryor from what I saw of the coverages.

I happen to think we could've crushed Miami if that is what Bill wanted, but for reasons known only to him we got to see Tannehill have probably his best half of the season. It's frustrating as a fan, but I feel like I've seen this movie before and the record shows that it works.

:shrug_n:

I imagine it's a safe bet to say that BB couldn't care less if anyone here or elsewhere doesn't like his defensive philosophy.

The reason for it must be in one of those 15,000 books he has in his football library. Or maybe he adapted defensive schemes/techniques from lacrosse.

I've got some reading to do :cool:

AJ Green's hurt? I'm shocked. SHOCKED. :coffee:

I'd take him but not at his salary.

The Bengals have far more issues than Green...
What's wrong with Cincinnati?

What’s wrong with the Bengals?Injuries and free agent losses: Let’s start at the Wide Receiver position, the Bengals lost Marvin Jones and Muhammad Sanu to free agency. They replaced those two with draft pick Tyler Boyd and free agent Brandon LaFell, while they have played ok, their production is nowhere close to Jones and Sanu. On defense, the loss of safety Reggie Nelson has been a huge blow to the defense as his replacement Shawn Williams has given up big plays. TE Tyler Eifert has still not got on the field this season and seems injury prone. The first-round draft pick CB William Jackson and 4th round pick DT Andrew Billings, both suffered season-ending injuries in the preseason. Throw in a season-ending injury to special teams captain Cedric Peerman and a very talented and deep roster has become not so deep real quick.
Coaching questions in Cincinnati?
Marvin Lewis has done a great job of turning the Bengals franchise around, and I believe he is a good football coach. At some point, you have to take this team to the next level and he has not! Last year was their best chance and they lost in a fashion that still seems hard to comprehend. It looks to me a team that used to play with great intensity, no longer does. Could this season so far be attributed to the way last season ended, the Bengals play like the heart has been removed from the team?
Why does Marvin Lewis keep his job?
Stephen A. Smith from ESPN the other day said if Lewis was white he would have already been fired. Of course, Smith is known for stirring the pot to get attention, I think Bengals owner Brown keeps Lewis because he is comfortable with Lewis and as long as the Bengals are “competitive” Brown is okay with that. As a Bengals fan my worry about Lewis being let go is who would Brown replace him with? If you are a Bengals fan that prospect has to scare you.
What can be done to save the season?
The Bengals are still a talented team, going to the Patriots probably puts them at 2-4 and in a big hole. The next two games after that before the bye are the Browns and the Redskins, to stay relevant they have to win those two games. They need to get Eifert back and Tyler Boyd needs to step up. My question then is can the offensive line block good enough for this team to win? Russell Bodine, in my opinion, is the worst center in the NFL and Clint Boiling has not played well either. I was happy when Andre Smith left, but in return, we got Cedric Ogbuhei, who has as hard as it is to believe has been worst than Smith.
What needs to be done after the season?
Number 1 get LB Rey Maualuga out of Cincinnati! He has been terrible this year, constantly out of position and it appears out of shape. Would love to see Vontaze Burfict moved to middle linebacker. The Bengals Need to maybe bring in a veteran linebacker also, P.J. Dawson has been a complete bust and I am not sure about linebacker Nick Vigil just yet, maybe it is close to time to give him a shot?
Need to draft some offensive lineman and even though it is against Mike Brown’s core beliefs a veteran free agent on the interior line would be nice also.
In closing, I think Marvin Lewis has overstayed his welcome in Cincinnati, but I am afraid of who Mike Brown would bring in to replace him.
http://thegruelingtruth.net/football/nfl/whats-wrong-cincinnati-bengals/

You must have had a very frustrating 17 years with Bill. :domORIGINAL: So have I.

This is what Bill Belichick does.

I don't know why, but aggressive, attacking defensive schemes are just not his bag. He seems to like boring the other teams to death and it has been a very successful, if puzzling, formula.

Sometimes Bill will break his longtime tendencies and I wondered if we were stocking up for a pressure D, but the second half of the Miami game was no accident.

The logical thing to do when you see a young or inexperienced QB in there is to blitz and keep him off balance, but 9 times out of 10 those are the guys that look good against us and I've all but given up hope that that is ever going to change.

He doesn't (I could say Matt Patricia, but I don't really see the point) mind giving up yards or watching a scrub QB get himself in a rhythm as long as we have a lead and keep the play in front of his DBs.

If it's a running QB then it's rare to see a lot of pressure and he'll tell the boys to just keep him in the pocket as we saw with Tyrod Taylor having 6 seconds to scan the field.

I'd guess the number one point of the Browns game was to control the ground game first and then Terrelle Pryor from what I saw of the coverages.

I happen to think we could've crushed Miami if that is what Bill wanted, but for reasons known only to him we got to see Tannehill have probably his best half of the season. It's frustrating as a fan, but I feel like I've seen this movie before and the record shows that it works.

:shrug_n:

I think when I look at the make up of this defense with the athletic DE's and LBs and our CBs who can cover and our all pro safety, I am wondering why we are not more attacking? Bill is known to be a coach to never play a system but to match his defense to his personnel and the opponent he is playing. He built this defense and it seems like he is leaving it in neutral IMO.

Still, I know it is early in the season and back in 2014 we did the same thing early, playing lots of zone but I really do hope at some point we flip the switch.

He's within his rights to nope the question. That's fine, he's just an athlete and is under no obligation to answer it.

But the reporter's not an idiot for asking it, especially since he had the MAGA hat in his locker last year.

The problem is questionable motive. i.e disingenuous-ness. Is it a sincere Q. Does he feel that Tom must explain himself - or is a loaded question desiggned to put Tom in an uncomfortable spot for the sheer joy of making him look bad regardless of whether he answers or doesn't. Since, on it's face it appears to be a "have you stopped beating your wife" kind of deal I am very comfortable assuming he just being a douchewaffle. :shrug:

The problem is questionable motive. i.e disingenuous-ness. Is it a sincere Q. Does he feel that Tom must explain himself - or is a loaded question desiggned to put Tom in an uncomfortable spot for the sheer joy of making him look bad regardless of whether he answers or doesn't. Since, on it's face it appears to be a "have you stopped beating your wife" kind of deal I am very comfortable assuming he just being a douchewaffle. :shrug:

It is stunning to me that so many in the media have lambasted Krapernick for his political beliefs and touted how he should just sit on the bench and collect his $12 mil and shut up and then when Brady passes on a loaded political question, he gets crap for it. I agree this question was nothing more than an attempt to trap Brady no matter which way he answered. The intention was not above board and I am glad Brady flashed that "you are an a-hole" grin and walked away.

Agree a bit that he had the right, but it was stupid. It was a loaded question that even I would have recognized as no win. If he hadn't phrased it like, as a father of two kids, blah blah, that would be different, because as it stood, the question isn't about Trump, it's about Brady.

---------- Post added at 02:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 PM ----------

They've lost some coaches, and the replacements don't seem to be as good. Also, their o-line isn't playing as well as past years.
They need to lose one more, and whoever they replace Lewis with is pretty certain to be better.

They need to lose one more, and whoever they replace Lewis with is pretty certain to be better.

You think Todd Bowles is better than Rex Ryan? You think Adam Gase is better than the last clown running the show in Miami? You think Chip Kelly is better than Jim Harbaugh?

It is stunning to me that so many in the media have lambasted Krapernick for his political beliefs and touted how he should just sit on the bench and collect his $12 mil and shut up and then when Brady passes on a loaded political question, he gets crap for it. I agree this question was nothing more than an attempt to trap Brady no matter which way he answered. The intention was not above board and I am glad Brady flashed that "you are an a-hole" grin and walked away.

Brady should yelled out at Bennett to get out there and let them have it... :coffee:

Back