We're On To The Jets

Revis on Brady

"He’s the ultimate competitor. He’s always been that way since he stepped into the league. He’s continuing his legacy as being probably the best quarterback to ever step on the field.”
"I feel he's very intelligent, he studies the game," Revis said. "He just works, man. He comes in working. He challenges guys. I mean, he called me out a few times when we were teammates: 'I'm coming at you today, two-four.' He challenges guys like a leader should. ... He's definitely a first-ballot Hall of Famer."
"If a lot of people could see how hard he works behind closed doors, I think they would have the utmost respect," Revis said. "Not to say they don't, but if you look inside the life of Tom Brady and see how hard he works, they would have more of an appreciation of the whole body of work he has put together."

Gronk made the trip to NY.

If he can fly he can probably play. Drs don't let patients with any threat of a collapsing lung fly on a plane.

Schefty working overtime, tweeted past midnight that sources say Gronk, Brady, Hogan and Edelman all playing.

Schefty working overtime, tweeted past midnight that sources say Gronk, Brady, Hogan and Edelman all playing.

Bennett too.

The only player listed as OUT besides Slater is Cyrus Jones with an illness.

I liked the idea of Forte at the time, but I also didn't expect Blount to play as well as he has this season. In retro, I'm glad we didn't spend money on him.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Forte didn't look like the same player to me at all. He seemed slower and lacked explosiveness which was always his signature as a RB. Glad the Pats passed and we have our group of RBs.

I liked the idea of Forte at the time, but I also didn't expect Blount to play as well as he has this season. In retro, I'm glad we didn't spend money on him.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Blount looks like he's lost about 10-15 lbs to me. He's quicker and more nimble but still has the leg drive. I actually saw a jump cut or 2 yesterday. Not bad for a bigger back!

The backfield has turned out to be far better than we thought it would be in September.

The backfield has turned out to be far better than we thought it would be in September.

Yes. This has been my dream. A real run game that has a mulit-dimensional attack. When Gronk went out, there was no sense of a real let down because we have so many other weapons with the RBs being key. Not to mention the job Scar is doing with the Oline. Brady dropped back 50 times and not one sack! We also out rushed the Jets 91 to 64. That is playoff caliber football right there.

Schefter says the Pats were close to signing RB Matt Forte last March and when the Jets found out they hurriedly overpaid the RB

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...-sign-matt-forte-inquiry-new-england-patriots

I love it when the Patriots push other teams to overpay.

I love it even more when it's the Jets.

I love it most when the Jets start circling the drain and have to go into rebuild mode again.

So next year, the Jets need a QB, a RB, at least one TE, some DBs and some LBs.

And every team drafts OL and DL, so that's a lot of players they'll need to pick up.

And of course, the GM and HC will be on a short leash. After the 10-6 season in 2015, expectations were high. A reverse record (and the Jets will have to do some work to even get to 6-10 this year) is not what the owner or the fans were expecting. Another losing record next year will likely mean new faces in the front office and on the sidelines.

Given all their needs, I would expect the Jets to be big players in free agency, but I don't think they have the cap space to do that. So they'll need to rework some contracts. It will be fun to see them try to work out a new contract with Revis.

I love it when the Patriots push other teams to overpay.

I love it even more when it's the Jets.

I love it most when the Jets start circling the drain and have to go into rebuild mode again.

So next year, the Jets need a QB, a RB, at least one TE, some DBs and some LBs.

And every team drafts OL and DL, so that's a lot of players they'll need to pick up.

And of course, the GM and HC will be on a short leash. After the 10-6 season in 2015, expectations were high. A reverse record (and the Jets will have to do some work to even get to 6-10 this year) is not what the owner or the fans were expecting. Another losing record next year will likely mean new faces in the front office and on the sidelines.

Given all their needs, I would expect the Jets to be big players in free agency, but I don't think they have the cap space to do that. So they'll need to rework some contracts. It will be fun to see them try to work out a new contract with Revis.

It is great when Bill dupes the Jests.

I think the Jets will convert Revis to safety and cut his pay. If he says no, then they release him. They absolutely cannot pay him $16 mil next year.

It is great when Bill dupes the Jests.

I think the Jets will convert Revis to safety and cut his pay. If he says no, then they release him. They absolutely cannot pay him $16 mil next year.

They can release him, but they're still on the hook for his money. It was all guaranteed.

They can release him, but they're still on the hook for his money. It was all guaranteed.

Only the first two seasons were fully guaranteed. They can release him next year and take a $6 mil dead cap hit. That is worth it for them IMO to move on unless he wants to restructure and play safety.

Back