What do you drive?

If I ever get rid of my car, I want a new Rogue. I have used the AWD up to 8" of unplowed snow with very little issues. We rarely get more snow then that. If we get more then 5" of snow, my low profile tires on my car make it worthless to drive on snow.

I have a 2015 Totota Corolla, 8 months old, 6900 miles. Not sure of its mpgs or even whether it has a motor, but it's got plenty of cup-holders, a backup camera and bluetooth. What more do you need?

Cheers, BostonTim

I have a 2015 Totota Corolla, 8 months old, 6900 miles. Not sure of its mpgs or even whether it has a motor, but it's got plenty of cup-holders, a backup camera and bluetooth. What more do you need?

Cheers, BostonTim

Fuel for it to move?

Drive a 2012 Nissan Altima. Prior to that I a 2008 Altima and before that a 2002 Altima.

I'm going to drive my 2012 into the ground and then I think I'm going switch it up and get either a Toyota Tacoma or a Honda Ridgeline.

Is that really necessary?

Only if you don't want to cut out the floor boards and Fred Flintstone it? Heck at some point my floorboards in my Jeep might be rusted out anyway.

I hate to say it, but I'm a car snob. Not really a snob, but I love cars. I mean LOOOOVE cars. Right now I have a 2015 Cherokee LTD, my fourth Jeep. This is the best of them all. I also have a MB SL500 Roadster that I garage in the winters that's 20 years old and by far my favorite car of all time. The power and precision is simply unmatched.

I've had a number of classics, 1961 TBird convertible, 1968 MB SL280, 1976 Alfa Romeo Spider, 1976 TBird. Right now my husband is rat-rodding out a '62 Chevy Stepside pickup that I absolutely cringe looking at.

I'm looking for a '66 Olds Delta or Dynamic 88 convertible presently, but they're tough to come by.

For every day, though, loving the Jeep.

Anyone have experience in framing a particularly brain dead choice of cars in a way that makes it palatable for the mrs?

Escalade, Tacoma, Chevelle, Lil Red Express, Monte Carlo, GMC low rider (full size)...have other projects not ready...
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm considering a used 4runner or Highlander for my next (even browsed Sequoias a bit). Personally, I have never owned Toyota, but plenty of my family members have, and I have always wanted to have that reliability.

Toyota's are tin boxes...but, the most dependable vehicles that I know of...if you want reliable, get one.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had MB, BMW and Acura in the past. Currently I'm in an Infinity FX and love its reliability, power and precise handling characteristics. It's by far the best car I've ever driven. I bought it when the lease was up and I've never done that before. The Acura I had was also very good and my choice came down between the FX and the MDX Acura. I'm very happy with the Infiniti.

The BMW M5 I leased in 2006 is probably the worst car I've ever had. Way too finicky and extremely high maintenance. It was in the shop at least 1X/month. I ended that lease 4 months early and couldn't wait to dump it back on them.

I had these two cars in H.S.
1973 T/S 455 3spd orange with black stripes. I paid 2k for it..LOL Insane fast.Lucky to be alive fast...
1973_pontiac_trans_am_by_samcurry-d5i9mvq.jpg

1968 Mustang AT 289 paid $1500 in mint condition
745460_orig.jpg

Couple years after high school I bought a
1983 Recaro T/A 305 auto The crossfire injector system was replaced with a Rochester 4 barrel. I went 140+ mph in that car. Paid 3k it had 83k on it, but mint.
1.jpg

Two cars that I regret not buying 1967 Chev Camaro convertible perfect condition $2500 price tag. I did not but because it had a six in it...Dumb ass I am..
And I did not buy a 1969 Mustang Grande with a 351 Cleveland in it. I hated the seats and matching Top...

Fast cars, eh? Nice. Interestingly I've never owned a Pontiac, Chevy or Ford as a daily driver and I sold my '70 Chevelle Super Sport 2 yrs ago. I did drive a 65 Corvette convertible in college but it belonged to Dad.

I have three. I drive a2001 Hyundai Tiburon for work. Bought it new now it's just a beater. Only has 65,000 miles on it though. Wife drives a 2006 Toyota Corrolla. My weekend car is a 2011 Mercedes Benz E350. Bought it new and it is now paid for.
Posted via Mobile Device

I've had MB, BMW and Acura in the past. Currently I'm in an Infinity FX and love its reliability, power and precise handling characteristics. It's by far the best car I've ever driven. I bought it when the lease was up and I've never done that before. The Acura I had was also very good and my choice came down between the FX and the MDX Acura. I'm very happy with the Infiniti.

The BMW M5 I leased in 2006 is probably the worst car I've ever had. Way too finicky and extremely high maintenance. It was in the shop at least 1X/month. I ended that lease 4 months early and couldn't wait to dump it back on them.

It may not be the best car I've owned, but my far and away favorite was my 1973 BMW 2002 Tii. More pure fun to drive than anything before or since. I could talk about it forever but I won't. Not fast (0-60 9 sec), but it held the road like it was glued to it and was extremely fast through turns which made it a joy on mountain and other winding roads. Will never know why I sold it in a moment of weakness.

Cheers, BostonTim

It may not be the best car I've owned, but my far and away favorite was my 1973 BMW 2002 Tii. More pure fun to drive than anything before or since. I could talk about it forever but I won't. Not fast (0-60 9 sec), but it held the road like it was glued to it and was extremely fast through turns which made it a joy on mountain and other winding roads. Will never know why I sold it in a moment of weakness.

Cheers, BostonTim

Those were simpler days, BT. I don't know if you'd like the new ones so much. Computer chips drive every function of a BMW these days. 1 brake rotor costs $1500 because of the electronics that go with it. The transmissions are sealed and can't be repaired - only replaced for $6-9K. An M5 engine costs $32k before installation. I have a friend who was the service manager of BMW Gallery in Norwood for years until 2 years ago. He quit because he was fed up with being yelled at 5 or 6 times every day by dissatisfied angry customers. He's now in the same position at Subaru in Shrewbury and loves it.

Those were simpler days, BT. I don't know if you'd like the new ones so much. Computer chips drive every function of a BMW these days. 1 brake rotor costs $1500 because of the electronics that go with it. The transmissions are sealed and can't be repaired - only replaced for $6-9K. An M5 engine costs $32k before installation. I have a friend who was the service manager of BMW Gallery in Norwood for years until 2 years ago. He quit because he was fed up with being yelled at 5 or 6 times every day by dissatisfied angry customers. He's now in the same position at Subaru in Shrewbury and loves it.

Rented a 328i 4 years ago at BWI. Nice. Enjoyed driving it all over the mid coast area from Baltimore to DC to the outerbanks. Not sure I'd buy one though (even if SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED were to ok it).

A lot of my old friends from BMWCCA (back in the Paleozoic era) seem to think that the "spirit" of the old days remains only in the 3 seriees. The rest, just not the same at all. I enjoyed that rental but no where near as much as my Tii.

Back then as you say everything was simple and not much was even electrical, let alone computer driven. Even thhe fuel injection in the Tii was Kugelfisher mechanical job That worked beautifully and without problems for me for ten years.

But as we all know, I spend too much time looking back (hey, I enjoy my memories) and todays cars are in so many ways the best they've ever been in virtually every respect. Remeber when 100,000 miles was s goal rarely acheived? Here's to Today. :toast:

Cheers, BostonTim

Back