What nostalgia have you ruined by revisiting?

Dude...you need a hobby...

OK, I'll play....

A few years ago, I accepted a friend request from my high school girlfriend who was quite hot back then. Now? Not at all. Old fantasies now ruined.

Of course, she likely would say the same thing about me :shrug:

When we were first married we bought a small house in NH and it was a fixer up wreck. We were over the moon. We set to work and fixed that place up over 10 years and then sold it and it was in solid shape. That was 20 years ago. I drove by the area a few weeks back and lo and behold the place is for sale and it's an open house with the realtor. So I stopped and went in, and suffice to say it's a dump again and all my hard work was for naught.

I hate going home. The nice little town I left 10 years ago with shops where you knew the owners has changed drastically. It is now a little New Your City.

Rowan and Martin's Laugh In.

Back in the day that was the funniest thing I'd ever seen.

Some time back, Comedy Central reaired the show.

They edited it down to a 1/2 hour, and presumably selected the funniest bits.

Not that funny.

Echoing OPT's comments, but for a different production.

I took Monty Python's Life Of Brian out of the library a few months ago and tried to watch it. Not as funny for me now as it was when it came out.

Echoing OPT's comments, but for a different production.

I took Monty Python's Life Of Brian out of the library a few months ago and tried to watch it. Not as funny for me now as it was when it came out.
I have friends who watched that baked and now when they no longer smoke they do not find it funny.

I always chuckled but never laughed uncontrollably like they did.

Agree about laugh in, and a few other of those comedy hour shows. Many times the humor of the day is lost over time

Haven't ruined anything yet, but in August O.Z.O. Jr. and I are heading up to catch a couple Sox games at Fenway and as of right now I'm planning a side trip up to Maine. I shudder to think about what I might find.

Speed Racer.
He was my utter hero when i was a kid. a couple decades ago, they put out all the old cartoons on vhs. i watched some of them and what childhood me had thought of as awesometastic, adult me saw as some of the worst animation possible, even for the time period.

You guys are experiencing nostalgia wrong. It isn't the 'thing' which is nostalgic, it's the emotional reaction triggered when remembering or reliving the'thing', even if its impact falls short of the visceral past experience.

Context is everything.

you guys are experiencing nostalgia wrong. It isn't the 'thing' which is nostalgic, it's the emotional reaction triggered when remembering or reliving the'thing', even if its impact falls short of the visceral past experience.

Context is everything.
i know when i watch a clip of the 86 celtics i feel pretty freaking good about the old times, then some assclown plays buckners hobbling after a ball abd i feel pretty shitty

I hate going home. The nice little town I left 10 years ago with shops where you knew the owners has changed drastically. It is now a little New Your City.

Can't disagree Whet back to two places I had lived as a kid. One has all but died off. Only one family left that was there when I was and I didn't really know them. Stores have closed what little business there was back then has moved out to the next county.
The other population has increased by at least 6 fold. Can't even find many of the places I remembered. Far too many friends have passed away.

Speed Racer.
He was my utter hero when i was a kid. a couple decades ago, they put out all the old cartoons on vhs. i watched some of them and what childhood me had thought of as awesometastic, adult me saw as some of the worst animation possible, even for the time period.

Oh I think Clutch Cargo get's that award.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pFnLirXjjto" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back