What Team could the NFL do without?

Scout200

Reaction score
In your opinion, what team could the NFL do without if they had to eliminate one team?

-Scout

mail

I wouldn't eliminate the Browns or the Bills because they are historic franchises (ok, LOSING historic franchises but historic at that)

To me, you gotta get rid of Jacksonville..they're just dreadful.

To me, you gotta get rid of Jacksonville..they're just dreadful.

They're 3-4 on the season, which isn't that bad. They hung with the Chiefs into the fourth quarter without Garrard. MJD is a beast. They play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL...

I wouldn't get rid of anyone. It works out perfectly with 32 teams right now, so why bother?

The Browns are just using the name of the historic team. The true Browns are the Ravens, whether Cleveland likes it or not.

They're 3-4 on the season, which isn't that bad. They hung with the Chiefs into the fourth quarter without Garrard. MJD is a beast. They play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL...

I wouldn't get rid of anyone. It works out perfectly with 32 teams right now, so why bother?

The question was 'if you had to get rid of a team'.

Jax or Tampa. No way Florida deserves 3 teams, and Miami has too much history.

If you're taliking about having a team in a market that just doesn't make sense then JAX is definately it. It's a large city (14th in the US), but a terrible location for a team considering that the Fins and Bucs have already locked up most of Florida's fan base.

However the 32-team system does work perfectly. The only way to subtract is to move a team somewhere else or add 8 more teams, thus creating a new division in each conference.

On that note there are several markets which could/should have an NFL team. LA of course, but also coming to mind are Las Vegas, Portland (Ore.), Omaha, Salt Lake City, Des Moines, Jackson (Miss.) and Oklahoma City. I wouldn't be oppossed to seeing a team in Honolulu although the travel logistics would be a nightmare.

I'd say Columbus, Ohio could handle a team although this could be similar to the JAX situation where most Ohioans (?) already support either the Bengals or Browns.

I also think that the NFL will have teams based out of Canada and Mexico within the next 10 or 20 years. It makes sense business-wise for them to capitalize on these markets.

Obviously Buffalo. I can't see any positive thing about having that team up there anymore. Move to LA or fold. Do us all a favor.

Seattle Seahawks.

I doubt anyone would even notice.

After all the bad luck Seattle has had with the Mariners being god-awful and the Sonics being abducted, trust me, there would be more suicides/homicides/disasters in one city than you could even imagine if the Hawks disappeared.
Unless you're being facetious. In which case... I'm... yeah. :high:

Back