Who Is The Odds-On Fave To Be Next Coach Fired?

Big/Sky/Fly

370hssv vw6!s tu36v
Reaction score
During Gus Bradley’s tenure of three-plus years with the Jacksonville Jaguars, the team has gone from mediocre at best to terrible. The Jags are a combined 14-40 with Bradley manning the sideline while failing to realize the potential of many high draft picks.

For this, and many other reasons, Bradley finds himself as a massive -150 favorite to be the first NFL coach fired this season. The Jaguars’ next five opponents have a combined 19-15 record and if they struggle through that ordinary lineup of opponents, we could see the once highly sought-after Bradley axed.

Next on the board is Chip Kelly at +400. The San Francisco 49ers head coach may be in his first season with the team, but that has never stopped the front office from firing coaches before. Despite being a supposed offensive mastermind, Kelly has led the 49ers to the worst offense in the NFL. There have also been a ridiculous number of rumors concerning his future employment in the NFL with several college teams possibly looking at the former Oregon coach.
Who Will Be The First NFL Head Coach Fired?

Odds as of October 26 at Bovada
  • Gus Bradley (JAX) -150
  • Chip Kelly (SF) +400
  • Mike McCoy (SD) +1000
  • Chuck Pagano (IND) +1000
  • John Fox (CHI) +1000
  • Jim Caldwell (DET) +1400
  • Mike Mularkey (TEN) +1600
  • Jeff Fisher (LA) +2000
  • Rex Ryan (BUF) +2500
  • Adam Gase (MIA) +3300
  • Sean Payton (NO) +3300
  • Jay Gruden (WAS) +3300
  • Hue Jackson (CLE) +5000
http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl/nfl-head-coach-be-fired-betting-odds

Bradley would get my vote.
Pagano would be next on my list.

Not at all surprised to see Sean Payton on the list or any of the others except for perhaps John Fox. I always thought Fox did the best he could with what he had to work with.

what-todd-bowles-first-meeting-with-bill-belichick-patriots-means-for-new-york_1.jpg

Pagano (and Grigson) - earlier this month received a "vote of confidence" from Irsay.

If I were a betting man (and I'm not, I'm more a "petting" man), that would be where I put my $$$.

Rexy

The Jills have beaten the Cards (who have been bad), the Pats (with an injured 3rd string rookie at QB), the Rams (who are still coached by Jeff Fisher) and the Niners (who made a change at QB TO Colin Krapernick)

Reality sets in and the Bills fade to black

Gus should have been fired already imo. That team is way too talented to look like this. From players not fitting the scheme, players that shouldn't be playing. No excuses there. What is absolutely mind boogling is the fact that he's a new coach, so players/scheme shouldn't be an issue at all. Their literally building the team, so again, no excuses.

I'd ****in ****in ****in launch Pag's useless body from the tallest building I could find just bc of his lisp n/m hes a putrid coach who hasn't a clue. That whole franchise is a joke. I'm sure the media will talk them up next year again.

Jeff Fisher is another guy that just isn't any good. This isnt 1996 for god's sake.

I'm hoping Buffalo gets 500% and they keep Rex and Taylor. Almost certainly keeping Tyrod anyway lol :dbanana:

Payton deserves another shot next year imo, but that team is on tilt and close to being blown up. (Actually a good situational spot for them this weekend)

Gase and the fins have at least 2 more years of mediocrity :shrug_n:

Chicago is another team in need of a huge flip.

One of NFL'S big problems is that someone else will just hire these guys and the circle continues.

Too early for Hue Jackson and Chip Kelly. Although I still don't think Kelly is NFL material. Pagano has to be the odds on favorite to be cut. And waiting to see the outcome of the season, maybe Mike McCoy. He was already on the hot seat this year.
I could see a complete overhaul in Saints town too. Brees going somewhere else and Payton gone.

Actually, now that I think of it a bit, I'm gonna say Sean Payton

Bradley would get my vote.

Not at all surprised to see Sean Payton on the list or any of the others except for perhaps John Fox. I always thought Fox did the best he could with what he had to work with.

Fox. Halcyon Days = Denver. Theese days. A nightmare. But his 9 year roller-coaster ride to 73-71 in Carolina was one of the strangest tenures anyone ever had. Way up way down way up way down. It was like he was bull riding. Very strange.

Cheers

Too early for Hue Jackson and Chip Kelly. Although I still don't think Kelly is NFL material. Pagano has to be the odds on favorite to be cut. And waiting to see the outcome of the season, maybe Mike McCoy. He was already on the hot seat this year.
I could see a complete overhaul in Saints town too. Brees going somewhere else and Payton gone.

Actually, now that I think of it a bit, I'm gonna say Sean Payton

:facepalm:

Payton just signed a 5 year extension with the Saints this off-season.

:banghead: Please keep my posts off your fingertips.

All posts are fair game up here especially when it is speculated that a coach who just got extended 5 years will get fired. Especially when said team is 1 game in the loss column out of first place in the division

Rex this Sunday afternoon when he loses it and moons the crowd.

---------- Post added at 04:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:20 PM ----------

Oh I hope it's Pagano and Grigson.
I hope they stay, it is fun from this sideline watching the hot mess that is Indy.

:facepalm:

Payton just signed a 5 year extension with the Saints this off-season.

Off set language would help the Saints get out from under the contract liability. Some other team would hire Payton but it sure looks like he's hit the skids in NO to me.

I'm not sure what Jeff Fisher does, but I'm pretty sure that NFL-level coaching does not accurately describe it. :D

he's like herpes. You keep that sh*t forever, like luggage.

/Eddie Murphyed

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Off set language would help the Saints get out from under the contract liability. Some other team would hire Payton but it sure looks like he's hit the skids in NO to me.

Sean is a good HC with a sh*tty GM.
Put him with a good GM and DC, he's a winner.
His weakness seems to be hiring/developing staff. Hence, why he needs a good GM/partner.

Gus Bradley's going to end up around like 16-46 by the end of the season. I think he goes first.

I think Irsay's dumb enough to keep Grigson and Pagano if they can somehow manage to finish .500. It's not like Irsay (or his dad) has been the most responsive owner when it comes to terrible, terrible teams in Indianapolis.

I think if Rex misses the playoffs he's gone. I don't even think .500 would save him at this point.

Also, don't sleep on Adam Gase. If that situation goes down the shitter like I think it will, it could be like a Saban situation.

Bradley and 2nd place isn't close. He could be gone this weekend.

I dunno. They really could have pulled that trigger a couple years ago now. You could be right. Certainly no one would be shocked by it.

Back