Who is the Worst Owner in New England Sports?

Who is the Worst Owner for the New England Sports Teams?

• Wyc Grousbeck - Boston Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jeremy Jacobs - Boston Bruins

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • John Henry - Boston Red Sox

Votes: 13 56.5%
  • Bob Kraft - New England Patriots

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Bob Kraft - New England Revolution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Heard said on 98.5 today that sox tickets are plenty available and at low prices. opening day still plenty of seats available. that wouldn't have happened during the successful years, and the die hard sox fans can correct me, but even the pre world series teams of days gone by.
we can complain about Kraft/Pats but I'll give the draft and this season before judging - I was glad they kept the existing players that were worth keeping - as you can't rebuild "up" if you have to make up for what little you had leaving - but sox sound hopeless this year. I'm not a baseball fan so I barely pay attention, but Sox doing well and being competitive makes for a more interesting summer.

Heard said on 98.5 today that sox tickets are plenty available and at low prices. opening day still plenty of seats available. that wouldn't have happened during the successful years, and the die hard sox fans can correct me, but even the pre world series teams of days gone by.
we can complain about Kraft/Pats but I'll give the draft and this season before judging - I was glad they kept the existing players that were worth keeping - as you can't rebuild "up" if you have to make up for what little you had leaving - but sox sound hopeless this year. I'm not a baseball fan so I barely pay attention, but Sox doing well and being competitive makes for a more interesting summer.
Yeah, bleacher seats for $10. Last time I heard that, I happened to be in the city after doing something in the 90s, and decided I might as well take in a game, spent 10 at the ticket window, and got in a half-empty stadium, mid-90s sometime.

Henry is the worst and second place isn't close. He's ruined the Sox and although off topic he's got The Boston Globe in serious decline too. He's just running a cash machine and as long as it keeps coming in and he doesn't need to spend it he's good. He could give a shit about the product on the field. He also hides, says nothing, and lets his lackeys take the heat. I thought it was telling when the Sox cancelled the winter fan event when it became clear the management was going to take a beating from anyone who showed up. Cowards!

Kraft is beginning to piss me off, but he at least will face a microphone sometimes, try to say something sensible and communicate with the fan base. In the not too distant future we're going to have the next iteration of Kraft and he doesn't seem nearly as outgoing or comfortable in his skin as RK.

Those of you who voted Bob Kraft, you have a short memory.

We had Billy Sullivan, Victor Kian, and Jsmes Orthwien who wanted to move the franchise to St. Louis. Kraft saved the Pattiots for New England.
We also had a stadium that was a dump. He built a new stadium with primarily private money. He hired BB, who drafted and kept a QB4, TFB. He supported BB in building the 20 year dynasty. No, TFB did not do it all on his own. A shocking revelation to a couple of people here.

Do I like his passive aggressive way of making him look good and BB bad in the
media., No.
Do I like some of the things he allegedly interfered with as far as spending or player selection. No.

But worst owner, I don't think so.

So even if some of you are pissed at him right now, it's ridiculous to vote him as worst owner. You should say you're sorry. Just my VHO.

Last edited:

We had Billy Sullivan, Victor Kian, and Jsmes Orthwien who wanted to move the franchise to St. Louis. Kraft saved the Pattiots for New England.
We also had a stadium that was a dump. He built a new stadium with primarily private money. He hired BB, who drafted and kept a QB4, TFB. He supported BB in building the 20 year dynasty. No, TFB did not do it all on his own. A shocking revelation to a couple of people here.

Do I like his passive aggressive way of making him look good and BB bad in tge media., No.
Do I like some of the things he allegedly interfered with as far as spending or player selection. No.

So even if some of you are pissed at him right now, it's ridiculous to vote him as worst owner. You should say you're sorry. Just my VHO.

Most of us here went through all those bad owners you mentioned so we're very familiar with them.

The thing that makes Kraft stand out is that he pretends to be a benevolent overlord for Patriots Nation but all the while he's meddling with football operations behind the scenes
and he's got a stranglehold on his purse strings. That makes him a fake, penurious hypocrite in my eyes. His meddling cancelled Bill's authority and was more detrimental to the
team than beneficial. I also can't forget that Kraft as owner spent less cash over the last 10 years than any other owner in the league. That makes me wonder how much he
hampered Bill in signing outside FAs and in re-signing great players whose contracts were up. Billy Sullivan was broke and we all knew he couldn't spend like crazy. At the time,
I actually felt sorry for Billy Sullivan who seemed like he was doing the best he could. Kraft has money but spends like he doesn't and then blames the results on Bill without giving
Bill any credit for 20 years of dominance. That's the difference. Kraft made 1 great decision which made him billions of dollars - hiring Bill Belichick - but now rejects Bill and wants
everyone to think he did it all himself in spite of Bill. Sorry, PP, I see Kraft for the stingy, backstabbing little man he truly is. I owe him no apology whatsoever.

I also don't blame Bill for pushing back however he could.

Crazy that Wyc has arguably been the least successful but the NBA is so complex and that organization is doing a hell of a job maintaining relevance as an elite club. I didn't think they'd be able to come back from the Kyrie Irving mess but here they are..The C's are the best run organization in Boston right now and perhaps the entire NBA.

Most of us here went through all those bad owners you mentioned so we're very familiar with them.

The thing that makes Kraft stand out is that he pretends to be a benevolent overlord for Patriots Nation but all the while he's meddling with football operations behind the scenes
and he's got a stranglehold on his purse strings. That makes him a fake, penurious hypocrite in my eyes. His meddling cancelled Bill's authority and was more detrimental to the
team than beneficial. I also can't forget that Kraft as owner spent less cash over the last 10 years than any other owner in the league. That makes me wonder how much he
hampered Bill in signing outside FAs and in re-signing great players whose contracts were up. Billy Sullivan was broke and we all knew he couldn't spend like crazy. At the time,
I actually felt sorry for Billy Sullivan who seemed like he was doing the best he could. Kraft has money but spends like he doesn't and then blames the results on Bill without giving
Bill any credit for 20 years of dominance. That's the difference. Kraft made 1 great decision which made him billions of dollars - hiring Bill Belichick - but now rejects Bill and wants
everyone to think he did it all himself in spite of Bill. Sorry, PP, I see Kraft for the stingy, backstabbing little man he truly is. I owe him no apology whatsoever.

I also don't blame Bill for pushing back however he could.
I never felt sorry for Billy and his sons. If you look up meddling owners, their pictures would be by the definition.
Some of what you are saying is true and I agree with. I would not vote for him to be Saint Bob of Foxboro.
But, WORST OWNER. That's taking a little too far in my opinion.
But God gave us all, man and woman, 2 things. Sometimes we use both at the same time. :lol:

Not sure why this is a poll. It's Henry in a landslide.

Crazy that Wyc has arguably been the least successful but the NBA is so complex and that organization is doing a hell of a job maintaining relevance as an elite club. I didn't think they'd be able to come back from the Kyrie Irving mess but here they are..The C's are the best run organization in Boston right now and perhaps the entire NBA.
In terms of championships won, sure. But they do make the playoffs every year - and have done 2 full roster rebuilds on the fly. I give Wyc a lot of credit bringing Ainge in, and him bringing Stevens in. It's not perfect, but they're not afraid to spend money, and commit to money long-term either.

In terms of championships won, sure. But they do make the playoffs every year - and have done 2 full roster rebuilds on the fly. I give Wyc a lot of credit bringing Ainge in, and him bringing Stevens in. It's not perfect, but they're not afraid to spend money, and commit to money long-term either.
Yes, exactly my point. They haven't just been a playoff team, they have been an elite playoff team and there is no reason to think they will be anything but for the foreseeable future. It is crazy that they haven't won a title since Brad Stevens joined the organization. It would shock me to all hell if they don't.

Do I like his passive aggressive way of making him look good and BB bad in the
media., No.

I might have a short memory but My eyesight is just fine. None of those guys were on the poll. Of today's Boston team owners Kraft edges out Henry IMO

I'm still of the opinion, that if you stay at 3 - you take best offensive player available, regardless of position, whomever has the highest grade. Because there's a lack of skill and talent. It looks like they're going to stay at 3 and take RG3----er--- Jayden Daniels. Flyer in the 2nd on a WR, and hope to get tackle help day 3 - but something else that needs to be addressed is deep safety, there's currently no one there to play that position, and even with Marcus Jones and Gonzalez coming back, you're still going to need a boundary corner, somewhere, a somewhat competent one, since Jack Jones is gone.

So, Daniels is RGIII and Maye is, who was it...Tannehill?

Who can say at this point? They both look pretty good to me and most of the experts agree except for a few Dan Orlovsky and Chris Simms types
who have the stink of desperation. I'd be OK with either one, but after Mac Jones I don't trust my own opinion anymore.

In any case, Ian Logue went way out on a limb this morning by saying that the answer to our QB dilemma may already be on our roster and
it's not the guy that at least 99.9% of us would think of. Spoiler alert-- it's Nathan Rourke AKA Bill Belichick's last gift to Patriot Nation. Anyhow, it
was a lengthy column with some supporting detail that basically suggests he is a steely-eyed Canadian dynamo who has been working out like
a madman and perfecting his deep ball in a secret military facility a mile below the permafrost of Baffin Island. Or something along those lines.

While I consider this.......ummm.......a bit of a longshot it would certainly open the door for a number of mind-boggling options to fix 1,2 and 3 and
maybe double-dip on two of them. Meet the tackle football version of Bobby Orr. Maybe a few years from now every other parent in the Commonwealth
will be naming their babies Rourke and dressing them in "nine rings" onesies.

Should They Trade Back, Patriots May Already Have a Solution at QB in Nathan Rourke Ahead Of 2024 Draft

I never felt sorry for Billy and his sons. If you look up meddling owners, their pictures would be by the definition.
Some of what you are saying is true and I agree with. I would not vote for him to be Saint Bob of Foxboro.
But, WORST OWNER. That's taking a little too far in my opinion.
But God gave us all, man and woman, 2 things. Sometimes we use both at the same time. :lol:

All of what I said is true whether you agree or not.
Btw, some people don't use either.

I might have a short memory but My eyesight is just fine. None of those guys were on the poll. Of today's Boston team owners Kraft edges out Henry IMO
My bad. I've never been a what have you done for me lately type of guy. Perhaps I should be, but I'm too old to change now.

So, Daniels is RGIII and Maye is, who was it...Tannehill?

Who can say at this point? They both look pretty good to me and most of the experts agree except for a few Dan Orlovsky and Chris Simms types
who have the stink of desperation. I'd be OK with either one, but after Mac Jones I don't trust my own opinion anymore.

In any case, Ian Logue went way out on a limb this morning by saying that the answer to our QB dilemma may already be on our roster and
it's not the guy that at least 99.9% of us would think of. Spoiler alert-- it's Nathan Rourke AKA Bill Belichick's last gift to Patriot Nation. Anyhow, it
was a lengthy column with some supporting detail that basically suggests he is a steely-eyed Canadian dynamo who has been working out like
a madman and perfecting his deep ball in a secret military facility a mile below the permafrost of Baffin Island. Or something along those lines.

While I consider this.......ummm.......a bit of a longshot it would certainly open the door for a number of mind-boggling options to fix 1,2 and 3 and
maybe double-dip on two of them. Meet the tackle football version of Bobby Orr. Maybe a few years from now every other parent in the Commonwealth
will be naming their babies Rourke and dressing them in "nine rings" onesies.

Should They Trade Back, Patriots May Already Have a Solution at QB in Nathan Rourke Ahead Of 2024 Draft

He broke his own record two times in the CFL. Interesting.

Back