Why are Ben-haters so stupid?

SteelerFan87

Pittsburgh Awesomes Fan
Reaction score
Why do people continue to disrespect Ben Roethlisberger? Why do people in the media continue to try to pretend that he's a Trent Dilfer style, "manage the game" QB?

If Roethlisberger had come out for that game winning drive wearing a different jersey with a different name on the back, he would have been named MVP. But because he's Big Ben, he wasn't. Look at the past 2 winners:

Eli Manning: 255 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, Named MVP

Peyton Manning: 247 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, Named MVP

Ben Roethlisberger: 256 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, NOT named MVP

Or even Tom Brady in 02: 145 yards, 1 TD, Named MVP.

Statistically Ben was better than all of them, and he had the incredible game winning drive to match the intangible qualities Brady and Eli showed in their Super Bowls.

When will the media wake up and realize that Ben Roethlisberger is an elite QB?

Why do people continue to disrespect Ben Roethlisberger? Why do people in the media continue to try to pretend that he's a Trent Dilfer style, "manage the game" QB?

If Roethlisberger had come out for that game winning drive wearing a different jersey with a different name on the back, he would have been named MVP. But because he's Big Ben, he wasn't. Look at the past 2 winners:

Statistically Ben was better than all of them, and he had the incredible game winning drive to match the intangible qualities Brady and Eli showed in their Super Bowls.

Why are Ben LOVERS so stupid?

Do you honestly believe he deserved it more than Holmes? Really?

Why are Ben LOVERS so stupid?

Do you honestly believe he deserved it more than Holmes? Really?

The question is not so much whether he deserved it more than Holmes. Holmes had a great game. Of course if Ward was healthy some of those passes would have been to him instead of Holmes. But the question is, why did those other QBs deserve it, but Ben didn't? Because of the name on the back of their jerseys?

Ben should've been MVP. Much like TB in 01. What he did was amazing. I'm partial to QBs anyways, but leading that drive...much more impressive than a WR.

EDIT: had Holmes' TD catch been average and not spectacular...I bet Ben wins it.

I dont' know. I dont' understand it, either. :shrug:

0,,5429152,00.jpg

The question is not so much whether he deserved it more than Holmes. Holmes had a great game. Of course if Ward was healthy some of those passes would have been to him instead of Holmes. But the question is, why did those other QBs deserve it, but Ben didn't? Because of the name on the back of their jerseys?

Speaking for Tommy B and the game you referenced, the name on the jersey had nothing to do it with it considering Tommy was merely a backup QB at the time.

First off, neither Manning deserved to be anywhere near the MVP. I would even say the same for Brady in SB36, as the defense was the catalyst in that victory.

tangent - Eli Manning was utterly terrible on his game winning drive. On one drive he threw 3 seperate passes that should have been picked. Still drives me nuts to this day. I turned it off before the MVP was announced and was agast when I found out he was named. You could have picked any other starter on the entire team and it would have been a better MVP selection. Eli was probably the worst of the 22.

The other common thread on those MVPs was the lack of any other statistical stars. It tends to go to the QB when the idiot media has no other player with great numbers.

All that said, where are these people trying to bring Roeth down? Most people seem to agree that he is one of the best 5 or so QBs in the game as far as I can tell. :shrug:

Who is disrespecting Ben?

I haven't seen any of that.

Speaking for Tommy B and the game you referenced, the name on the jersey had nothing to do it with it considering Tommy was merely a backup QB at the time.

Well then maybe it's just the name on the back of Ben's jersey. Some so called "experts" still have this idea in their heads of Ben as Dilfer #2, when he's actually closer to Brett Favre than Trent Dilfer.

Which is another thing. When Brett Favre has a crazy, improvisational play, the media loves it. When Brett throws a pick because he refuses to give up on the play, they call him a "gunslinger". When Ben does the same things, they either ignore the improvisational plays, or criticize him for the mistakes.

Other than Steve Young, of course. I thought Steve was going to ask Ben to marry him after the SB. :D

Holmes "made" Clank look real good in the Ravens AGCCG

Holmes "made" Clank look great in the GW SBXLIII drive not just in "The Catch"

Holmes should be SBXLIII MVP

end.
of.
story.

Every sentence reads: "I need to get laid".

:huh:

Don't forget, your team was favored, and Ben barely played well enough to pull off a game that everyone expected them to dominate.

Eli went against the undefeated Pats as an underdog and won with a TD drive that included an improbable 4th down conversion.

Peyton is Peyton, he could have masturbated at midfield all game long and still been named MVP.

And Brady faced a heavily favored Rams team that was the defending Champ and won with an improbable FG drive when everyone was expecting them to take it to overtime in his first year as a starter.

Get some vag, man, get some vag.

:crying::***::crying::***::crying:

Why? Why God, are you letting this happen???:***::crying:

I agree with you SF87. Ben should have been the MVP of the SB. Would Holmes have made those catches if Ben hadn't thown him the ball? I don't think so.

But through out history people have been denied their just due. Maybe it will make him stronger? Maybe it will get you laid?

There is a reason for this but we as fans don't know why:***::crying:

ben had average stats but clutch play. holmes had great stats AND clutch play. that's why he got mvp.

also, peyton manning's mvp is a joke.

Who is disrespecting Ben?

I haven't seen any of that.

Well, right after the SB when he led an improbable game winning drive, it's hard to justify not drinking the Roethlisberger kool aid without looking like a moron. But there have been some.

I was watching Jim Rome is Burning the other day (yeah I know, 1st mistake. lol) and at the end where he's talking to the other 2 guys, the 1 guy was like "yeah Ben's pretty good. I'd probably still put him behind Brady and Manning though." And the other guy was like "No way. Ben isn't in the same league as Brady and Manning. He's not even close. Ben will never be as good as Manning." (With the implication that, since he ranked Brady 1st, then Manning, that to him, putting Ben in the same paragraph as Brady is incomprehensible)
Also apparently some sports talk show in Detroit didn't even think Ben was in the top 15 QBs in the league.

Again, this is right after he won his 2nd ring. I'm sure going into next season when ESPN is ranking teams and ranking QBs, it will be back to "Ben is a game manager" BS.

Well, right after the SB when he led an improbable game winning drive, it's hard to justify not drinking the Roethlisberger kool aid without looking like a moron. But there have been some.

I was watching Jim Rome is Burning the other day (yeah I know, 1st mistake. lol) and at the end where he's talking to the other 2 guys, the 1 guy was like "yeah Ben's pretty good. I'd probably still put him behind Brady and Manning though." And the other guy was like "No way. Ben isn't in the same league as Brady and Manning. He's not even close. Ben will never be as good as Manning." (With the implication that, since he ranked Brady 1st, then Manning, that to him, putting Ben in the same paragraph as Brady is incomprehensible)
Also apparently some sports talk show in Detroit didn't even think Ben was in the top 15 QBs in the league.

Again, this is right after he won his 2nd ring. I'm sure going into next season when ESPN is ranking teams and ranking QBs, it will be back to "Ben is a game manager" BS.

1. Ignore Detroit sports radio. They are morons, especially when it comes to the NFL. These people said the Lions should decline Parcells, Schottenheimer and Cowher if they begged for the Lions job.

2. Roethlisberger is undisputed #3 in my book right now. He's not Brady or Manning, but probably is closer to overtaking Manning than Brady because of his post-season success. I think he's very good, and he did his job well. You have to understand though, those two guys may be two of the best ever. He's just not there. Great QB, best of the rest. That's not a slight at all.

DS QB List:

1. Brady

2. Pay-a-ton

3. Grab Bag of Rivers, Big Ben and Brees....I can make arguments for all 3

4. Matt Cassel

5. Grab Bag of Matt Ryan, Jay Cutler and Carson Palmer (when healthy)

6. Manning Lite

7. Everyone Else

Being in the top 5 is no slight and if really forced to choose between Brees, Rivers and Big Ben, I'd take Big Ben but I'd think long and hard before not taking Brees. Still, I think those three are all within a cumshot of each other.

EDIT: had Holmes' TD catch been average and not spectacular...I bet Ben wins it.
Like the one that went through his hands on the play before? :)

That was an even better pass than the one he caught.

To me Ben made 2 clutch throws to end that drive, and Holmes made 1 of 2 clutch catches.

Back