Wickersham’s Book

For whatever reason, as the talk about this book has become more prevalent on sports radio the last couple of weeks....I don't know....I just don't care, really. I don't. I only care about what I see on the field.

That's it...don't care.

I don't watch Lifetime Channel, or Hallmark, or so called "reality TV" shows, either....aside from Alone.

Drama just doesn't interest me. It just annoys me.
Drama in a relationship is a must though, no matter what they say. That's why make up sex is so good...

well bill gets linda and tom gets giz-man. i think bill wins!😁

Y'know......when you think about it, Gizelle is basically Yoko Ono.

John Lennon sang and wrote some of the greatest music ever while wearing a leather jacket and next thing you know he was a dirty hippie
wearing a bedsheet who lost his sense of humor and broke up the best band there ever was in order to spend all his time with a talentless, weird hag.

Back in Brady's single days he kept himself busy taking his linemen out for dinner, playing pranks on Matt Cassell and dating actresses and once
he hooked up with Giz, he started floating in a sensory deprivation tank and sipping Sea Monkey Soup for dinner. And, yes, broke up the
best team ever.

Coincidence?

magic-8-2-300x258.png

John Lennon sang and wrote some of the greatest music ever while wearing a leather jacket and next thing you know he was a dirty hippie
wearing a bedsheet who lost his sense of humor and broke up the best band there ever was in order to spend all his time with a talentless, weird hag.

Back in Brady's single days he kept himself busy taking his linemen out for dinner, playing pranks on Matt Cassell and dating actresses and once
he hooked up with Giz, he started floating in a sensory deprivation tank and sipping Sea Monkey Soup for dinner. And, yes, broke up the
best team ever.

Coincidence?

View attachment 6997

I've read that analogy of Giz-man (thanks HS!) being the equivalent of Yoko Ono a time or 2 beginning many years ago when it became known that she wanted Tom to retire.
Mike and I talked about it several times back then and agreed that it wasn't a real issue then but probably would become an issue in the future.
All her talk about BB mistreating poor Tom gives credence to her Yoko-like influences over Brady.
There's also Alex, the cult leader Supreme Greens hack, and Tom (it won't end well) Sr.
If he didn't want to quit football, quitting the Patriots became a satisfactory back up plan for all 3 of them for Brady as he rides into his sunset in Tampa. Everyone is happy.

Oh yeah...Alex definitely has his role. i remember tb always asserting how non confrontational he is. no surprise he has 2 evil henchmen(purposely said!) to ease him out while he looks like a victim. as for tb sr, he's always run his mouth and had the 🙄 comments.

best team ever.

Coincidence?

View attachment 6997
Great comparison, Yoko was a factor in the breakup of the Beatles.
Through out history women have influenced men to do the wrong things.
I guess the more relevant example is Peggy Shippens influence on Benedict Arnold

Oh yeah...Alex definitely has his role. i remember tb always asserting how non confrontational he is. no surprise he has 2 evil henchmen(purposely said!) to ease him out while he looks like a victim. as for tb sr, he's always run his mouth and had the 🙄 comments.
That dew is worth over $200 million?!?!...he should make Concussion Coolaid. A mix of Jim Jones arsenic that will make you pliable and zen like.

Great comparison, Yoko was a factor in the breakup of the Beatles.
Through out history women have influenced men to do the wrong things.
I guess the more relevant example is Peggy Shippens influence on Benedict Arnold

I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that some women have had really good/positive influences on men, too, or at least that's what I overheard Ellen
say to Ariana Grande the other day while I was scrubbing the kitchen floor.

I morphed into a Patriots fan in the early 70s when I decided football was my favorite sport.

I pulled for the team through a lot of mostly hopeless seasons prior to Kraft purchasing the team and Parcells making them relevant.

I enjoyed the unrivaled excellence of 2001 to 2018 but I always knew it would come to an end.

Tom, for his own reasons set up a situation where he could leave, Bob and Bill allowed him to do so. Then he decided to move on, again his call.

This weekend Tom returns as a player on a different team. Bill will still be coaching the team I root for. Were I at the game I'd clap for Tom before the game in appreciation, but once it's kicked off, he's the enemy, no different than Manning or Brees or anyone else.

Do I wish Tommy success, hell no. I hope he throws 4 pics and is pulled in the 3rd quarter because the game is out of reach.

Do I wish him success the rest of the season, only when he's playing other AFC East teams, other than that I don't care one way or the other.

To all the Team Tom folks,, if you are Patriots fans then let's talk about the future. If all you want to do is relitigate the last 5 years, go find a Bucs forum. Tom is gone, Bill is still here. That's a reality that isn't going to change.

If he didn't want to quit football, quitting the Patriots became a satisfactory back up plan for all 3 of them for Brady as he rides into his sunset in Tampa. Everyone is happy.
For sure. Won Lombardi, had one of the best seasons of his career, leading the league in TDs this year. Has an org that gave him a fully guaranteed contract and added another year this off-season to get him to age 45 which was his stated goal for years. Wife is closer to Costa Rica and Brazil - loves the sunshine of FL, trainer is completely integrated into org helping to treat many members on the team. Owner does not stand on the podium and tell everyone the success of the team was the "Buc Way" but instead praises Brady for bringing the championship mindset and belief to Tampa. I would not say everyone is happy, I would say they are ecstatic. Brady and Giz could not have made a better choice leaving the Pats and going to Tampa. Oh, I forgot, he got a mega boat too.

LOL. This thread is about Wickersham's book which chronicles the break of the dynasty so this actually the thread to talk about the past as it relates to what was written in the book.

But in terms of the Patriots future, I asked on another thread what people felt our record would be at season's end now that we are almost a month into the season. So I will ask you, how do you see the rest of our season going?

It doesn't chronicle anything.....it's conjecture and guesswork and baseless allegations riddled with innuendo.

An article on Barstool Sports called it for what it is, just another Anti-Patriots hit job.

For sure. Won Lombardi, had one of the best seasons of his career, leading the league in TDs this year. Has an org that gave him a fully guaranteed contract and added another year this off-season to get him to age 45 which was his stated goal for years. Wife is closer to Costa Rica and Brazil - loves the sunshine of FL, trainer is completely integrated into org helping to treat many members on the team. Owner does not stand on the podium and tell everyone the success of the team was the "Buc Way" but instead praises Brady for bringing the championship mindset and belief to Tampa. I would not say everyone is happy, I would say they are ecstatic. Brady and Giz could not have made a better choice leaving the Pats and going to Tampa. Oh, I forgot, he got a mega boat too.
The mega boat was PPP...it had nothing to do with football.

It doesn't chronicle anything.....it's conjecture and guesswork and baseless allegations riddled with innuendo.

An article on Barstool Sports called it for what it is, just another Anti-Patriots hit job.
His in-depth article in 2018 was deadly accurate. I would not dismiss this book at all.

It's certainly made you happy!

His in-depth article in 2018 was deadly accurate. I would not dismiss this book at all.

So when you read the negative stuff about Brady like when the book says he contacted Wes Welker to tell the Niners to get rid of Jimmy G, because Tom wanted to finish his career in SF? You'll believe that and will be OK with it?

So when you read the negative stuff about Brady like when the book says he contacted Wes Welker to tell the Niners to get rid of Jimmy G, because Tom wanted to finish his career in SF? You'll believe that and will be OK with it?
Wes must have dropped the ball on that... :coffee:

I'm not 100% sure, but I've heard that some women have had really good/positive influences on men, too, or at least that's what I overheard Ellen
say to Ariana Grande the other day while I was scrubbing the kitchen floor.
She allows you the distraction of listening to Ellen while supposedly doing your chores?

Yes. It was reported awhile back that the Niners were his top choice. Wes is the receivers coach there so makes sense he would contact him to let them know his interest.

Yes. It was reported awhile back that the Niners were his top choice. Wes is the receivers coach there so makes sense he would contact him to let them know his interest.

So a report that he was attempting to try and get another team to push out Jimmy G, a guy he had worked with in NE, that he was willing to do this behind Jimmy's back sits well?

There is just so much to unpack here. Beginning with the fact Brady must have had at least a dozen NFL starting jobs available that were just his for the asking. And while I appreciate the emotional pull of the franchise you grew up rooting for, and being able to have your family drive to your games in the same general area where you sat in the stands and watch Joe Montana and Dwight Clark connect for The Catch, that is still harsh. Sharing a quarterbacks room with Jimmy G for three and a half years. Sitting in all those meetings. Working out with him at TB12 Fitness. Going to Kentucky Derbies with him. And then picking his job as the one you most want to steal? Right after he took the Niners to a Super Bowl no less?

That is harsh. Coldblooded. You might even say cruel. I don't have to be reminded that pro football is a business. Or that, in the long run, these guys are all independent contractors competing against one another for jobs in a finite marketplace. But doing this to Garoppolo of all people? When you've been carefully crafting a Mr. Nice Guy image for 20 years? This is living proof of what Norm Peterson said about it being a dog-eat-dog world. And in this case, Jimmy G was wearing Milk Bone underwear.

On a lesser note, going through an old teammate to work a back channel deal might be how this stuff goes all the time. I'll plead ignorance about how free agent signings get done in the NFL. I mean, I know it happens in the NBA morning, noon and night, every day of the year. But it sounds like some real spycraft stuff in football. At least I'd feel like that if I was John Lynch. Like, "I'm sorry, you're negotiating through my receivers coach? What, is my phone unlisted? Am I not good enough for you? How about if I put my special teams assistant on the line and you can work out a salary structure and incentive bonuses?"

Back