Wickersham’s Book

Who believes it? I'm presenting a story about Lord Avocado in the book to see if Mazz will believe that story as she seems to think the accounts of Bill are true in the book......

So a report that he was attempting to try and get another team to push out Jimmy G, a guy he had worked with in NE, that he was willing to do this behind Jimmy's back sits well?

So are you asking me my opinion on the story or are you asking if I believe it is true?

In terms of the latter, I believe it is true. I have little doubt that Brady wanted to finish his career in his home town. Like I said, that was reported very soon after he signed with the Bucs. I do believe he most likely contacted Wes because he is the receivers coach there and would put in a good for Brady.

In terms of pushing Jimmy out? First, Seth already said he never reported that Brady tried to push Jimmy out of NE. That notion is a bit extreme anyways given Jimmy had just choked in the SB and was injury prone and clearly the Niners were looking to move on as evidenced by what they did this past off-season trading way up to get Lance. I don't see it as Brady specifically targeting Jimmy but rather wanting to finish his career in his home town. And let's face it, Jimmy did suck in that SB and of course went on IR for the season last year after 6 games. Seth can call it cold-blooded if he wants, but when you are a FA and the GOAT, you try the best you can to pick your best location.

But to larger point about believe Seth. I think the majority of this book given how well it was researched and the amount of sources Seth had is probably true will some exaggerations of course as you are going off of people's memories and those are not always accurate. I don't think it is much of a stretch to believe Kraft called Bill a F'ing Ahole. Many folks feel that way about Bill. I also don't doubt that Mangini wanted to fight him. Lots of bad blood there.

So overall, I think this book will be a fascinating read on what was happening behind the scenes. I am looking forward to reading it when it comes out later this month.

Yes. It was reported awhile back that the Niners were his top choice. Wes is the receivers coach there so makes sense he would contact him to let them know his interest.
1633199363549.png

His in-depth article in 2018 was deadly accurate. I would not dismiss this book at all.
There wasn't one primary source in that article. It's speculation based on stories heard 3rd hand. There's nothing accurate about anything that comes out of Bristol regarding NE. Absolutely nothing including their role in Framegate II.

There wasn't one primary source in that article. It's speculation based on stories heard 3rd hand. There's nothing accurate about anything that comes out of Bristol regarding NE. Absolutely nothing including their role in Framegate II.
As much as Jack Easterby and Eric Mangini's opinions count...for something...to someone - doesn't hold much weight with me. :coffee:

NO! That does not fit the narrative that BB slammed Brady out of the door and was so happy he left he did an Irish Jig on his own desk.

Which did not happen in real life. It did happen in a few Brady fan minds.

Brady wanted out .... and that’s ok. They made him an offer he turned it down again that’s ok.

Not sure why this is so hard to understand :banghead:

~Dee~

Lol. Never said Bill was an awful leader.

Ok. Unclassy and unprofessional will do just fine. Jumping to conclusions once again to fit your image of BB.
Re-read what was written. BB said he was "not available" to meet (when TB12 wanted to meet). You're jumping to a conclusion that fits your needs.

Come on Chevvs. Brady is calling you to say good-bye in person because that is the classy and professional thing to do and you tell him you are unavailable? Are you freaking kidding me? This is your QB for 20 years, you won 6 chips together and you can't meet with him? If the roles were reversed, you would be crucifying Brady.

Come on, Mazz. You're killing BB because he couldn't meet at the time Brady wanted to meet? You have no idea where BB was or what he was doing.
He could have been in Florida on a scouting mission for all you know.

Stop. This is your QB of 20 years, 6 chips together. You meet him. You find a way in person not over the phone.

I tried to reason with you but your mind was set.

Lol. Never said Bill was an awful leader.

I have admitted all that. I believe Bill has to go for all the reasons I have stated before. It is not hatred (it's just football) as much as being tired of his horrible team building. So you are sticking with 12 wins I assume? I have to ask because as much as you accuse me of being...
Mazz22 Post #827 Thursday at 11:25 AM Forum: The SIX Ring Circus - Patriots Tailgate

Not an awful leader but gee he must go for all other reasons you stated. Give it up

Back