Wildcard Weekend - 1/10 1:05 p.m. ET - Seattle at Minnesota (NBC)

Not too sure about this game. Haven't watched the Vikings much. But Seattle is peaking at the right time. I mentioned that I thought Pitt was the best team right now, it might be the Seahags. Wilson is a tough QB and they have the postseason experience. I say Seattle gets this one.

Seattle-33

Vikings-27

Wilson is fantastic and Lockett is my R.O.Y.

I said this in another thread but it applies to this game so I'll say it again. Minnesota is the only team in the NFL what has started the same 5 OL the whole year.
Zim has turned that D around ASAP. I've been a fan of his since he was in Dallas.

Minnesota was my underdog Superbowl pick, and I am a little sick of the Seahawks, though they killed the Vikings earlier this year.

Expected to be a frigid game.

<table class="contentTable" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td class="iconTD cellSep"></td> <td>6° F/ -14° C
Mostly Cloudy</td></tr></tbody></table>

I like this match up for Minny with the way they are playing. Issue is though Wilson has been on fire. Seahawks win by 2 scores but I hope I am wrong.

Ok I'll say it, the Vikings are better now not only because they have Zim, but because they are playing outside.
A dome team hasn't won a SB since 09, when they played...a dome team.

I would love to see Minny take this one. My gut tells me Seahawks roll.

Even without their awesome 12th man:coffee:

Should be an interesting game...Zimmer is a coach similar to BB (doesn't mince words much, doesn't put up with BS).

I want the Vikes to win, but...the Hee Hawks will probably win.

I would love nothing more than to see the Vikings beat the dogsnot out of the Chickens but I don't think they have the offense to get it done.

I'm sure the Rain City Bitch Pigeons will enjoy that colder weather up there... Mostly because yeah, it's cold, but at least it's not cold AND raining so the chill goes bone-deep and stays long after you get inside... So there's that.

This should be the most interesting game this weekend, as I'd love to see Seattle lose because **** the 12s that's why, but it will come down to the wire, and a mistake will be made by someone... It could go either way.

Current forecast is for a HIGH of zero and possibly falling to -10. Oh, and there will be a mild breeze of 11 MPH which will make it feel like -16. This would make it colder than even the Pats/Titans game in January '04 (3 at kickoff), which is the coldest that I've ever been.

It will be worth watching just for that.

Wilson might actually me the most deserving of league MVP. I think Seattle wins this one with some 4th quarter heroics.

I can't imagine the Hee Hawks playing too good in weather like this.

It's supposed to be a high of -19 on Sat where I'm at. This weekend is going to be pretty cold.

It's supposed to be a high of -19 on Sat where I'm at. This weekend is going to be pretty cold.

I can't imagine either team playing too good in those frigid temperatures.

Ball security may be comical and deciding. I hope the NFL decides to measure the psi on the field and pump those balls back up. Imagine throwing, catching or holding on to a super hard, slick, cold football at 0 degrees. But #integrity

Current forecast is for a HIGH of zero and possibly falling to -10. Oh, and there will be a mild breeze of 11 MPH which will make it feel like -16. This would make it colder than even the Pats/Titans game in January '04 (3 at kickoff), which is the coldest that I've ever been.

It will be worth watching just for that.

That Pats/Titans game was BRUTAL.

I wouldn't wish that shit on anybody.

Well, except that asswipe Roger GoodHELL.

I disagree. I think they'll play fine in it. They ain't a pussy dome team, and while we tend to have fairly consistent weather here - only rarely is it too hot or too cold, when it does get cold, like it has been here lately, it is usually raining a nice cold rain - and being a northern New Englander born and raised (In School Suspension's where I spent most of my days) I'll take the northeast cold over wet rainy/freezing rain cold any day. :coffee:

I disagree. I think they'll play fine in it. They ain't a pussy dome team, and while we tend to have fairly consistent weather here - only rarely is it too hot or too cold, when it does get cold, like it has been here lately, it is usually raining a nice cold rain - and being a northern New Englander born and raised (In School Suspension's where I spent most of my days) I'll take the northeast cold over wet rainy/freezing rain cold any day. :coffee:

I'm sure that it would take some getting used to...

That Pats/Titans game was BRUTAL.

I wouldn't wish that shit on anybody.

Well, except that asswipe Roger GoodHELL.

I was at that game and LOVED it. It was hilariously cold and a lot of really odd stuff happened all around the stadium. I saw a guy tip his beer back (that was before the taps froze) and a solid chunk of beer bounced off his face and fell to the ground with a thud.

The best part, besides the win, was that we were still tailgating really late and were watching Doug Flutie being interviewed on my portable TV about his time playing in the CFL. He was asked if he'd ever played in weather so cold and said "Oh, sure. We played once when it was 50 below". Then they showed film of that game to back it up and the fans looked like penguins huddling together to stay alive in the arctic darkness.

Instantly we all felt depressed. Like what we just went through was nothing.

That TV never worked again.

Back