Wildcard Weekend - 1/9 8:15 p.m. ET - Pittsburgh at Cincinnati (CBS)

Pittsburgh's defense is horrible though.

It's hard to think Cincy is going to win this game though given their history over the past few seasons in the playoffs. I don't know which way to go with this one. It seems as though the away team always wins in this series as well. My pick is Pittsburgh solely based on history. I'm looking forward to this game the most

Pittsburgh's defense is horrible though.

It's hard to think Cincy is going to win this game though given their history over the past few seasons in the playoffs. I don't know which way to go with this one. It seems as though the away team always wins in this series as well. My pick is Pittsburgh solely based on history. I'm looking forward to this game the most

Pass D is.

Run D is legit.

I'm beginning to think that we may all be underestimating the Bengals.

I'm beginning to think that we may all be underestimating the Bengals.

We are. Bengals take this at home by a TD at least.

Pittsburgh legit has no RB. Deangelo Williams is still in a boot.

Pittsburgh is an intermediate passing game that depends on playaction to take shots. Cincinnati's front 4 is no joke, and can put pressure on that below-average Pittsburgh line.

Sure, Pittsburgh could win, but I think Cincinnati takes it at home. Call it the Kimo von Olhoffen revenge game, because if it's raining Brittle Benny can "tweak a hammy" if it's raining...and they're down 14.

I just can't take the Bengals seriously until I see them do something in the playoffs. It's amazing Marvin Lewis still has a job. I don't think anyone is predicting a blow out, and sure, the Bengals very well may win but...

Maybe this is the year, but I thought that last year, and the year before that...

I just can't take the Bengals seriously until I see them do something in the playoffs. It's amazing Marvin Lewis still has a job. I don't think anyone is predicting a blow out, and sure, the Bengals very well may win but...

Maybe this is the year, but I thought that last year, and the year before that...

Fun fact, Pittsburgh hasn't won a playoff game since the 2010 AFCCG.

They have not won a road playoff game since 2005. That was, ironically, the same year as the Kimo von Olhoffen game, where he intentionally dove at Carson Palmer's knees, knocking him out of the game by blowing out his knee. The Bengals were favored in that game, and in fact, the throw Palmer got off was a huge gain that would have surely been a TD, and put the Steelers in a big hole.

:coffee:

One more thing to consider, AJ McCarron is starting for the Bengals, not Andy Dalton.

While Andy Dalton has never won a playoff game, and seems to choke under pressure in big games - I've seen AJ McCarron win monster games before, and perform very well under pressure. The moment won't be too big for him.

I cannot fathom Brady ever saying something like this in a radio interview.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/05/roethlisberger-bryant-has-to-toughen-up/

I hadn't seen this quote and thought it was definitely interesting.

I'll be watching to see how Bryant responds. Having your manhood called into question by your QB for all to see is certain to get a lot of play and Bryant can't afford to short-arm any targets whatsoever or be branded as soft. BBR just handed the media a storyline that they can milk at will.

Frankly, I can think of several guys here over the years who may have benefitted from a public challenge by Brady, but Bid is correct in that he'd never do such a thing.

I don't have a problem with it. I thought it was smart.

I hadn't seen this quote and thought it was definitely interesting.

I'll be watching to see how Bryant responds. Having your manhood called into question by your QB for all to see is certain to get a lot of play and Bryant can't afford to short-arm any targets whatsoever or be branded as soft. BBR just handed the media a storyline that they can milk at will.

Frankly, I can think of several guys here over the years who may have benefitted from a public challenge by Brady, but Bid is correct in that he'd never do such a thing.

I don't have a problem with it. I thought it was smart.

There's no doubt that Brady has challenged his teammates in the locker room. Hell, we've seen it on the sidelines during a game. But never on a radio/TV talk show or press conference. That stuff is kept within the team sanctuary.

just saw on nfln that deangelo williams is definitely out.
also, THE BEN never liked his teammates publicly questioning his toughness(Hones Ward iirc), why is it ok for him to do it?

also, THE BEN never liked his teammates publicly questioning his toughness(Hones Ward iirc), why is it ok for him to do it?

It's Big Ben. No means yes.

Also, I can't posty a link, but there is a sports radio station in Cinncy that is issuing a "rape warning" to all females between 18 and 40 in the area to be on the lookout for Ben.

They have not won a road playoff game since 2005. That was, ironically, the same year as the Kimo von Olhoffen game, where he intentionally dove at Carson Palmer's knees, knocking him out of the game by blowing out his knee. The Bengals were favored in that game, and in fact, the throw Palmer got off was a huge gain that would have surely been a TD, and put the Steelers in a big hole.

That is a fun fact. One that I hadn't considered.

The Bengals haven't won a playoff game since the 1990 season. I just don't trust them. Marvin Lewis has been their coach for 13 years, no playoff wins, numerous chances. I have Pittsburgh winning this game, but like I said, this could be the year the Bengals finally get it done: what do I know, I could be wrong. I'm not under estimating them, I just think there's a lot of intangibles going against the Bengals. I don't know what it is come playoff time with them, but they are frustrating, especially last year when they played the Colts. The Colts just wanted to give them that game and the Bengals wouldn't take it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the road team usually win in this particular Steeler/Bengal match-up? I just hope it's a good game and I hope to take some of mikiemo83's money in the process.

One more thing to consider, AJ McCarron is starting for the Bengals, not Andy Dalton.

While Andy Dalton has never won a playoff game, and seems to choke under pressure in big games - I've seen AJ McCarron win monster games before, and perform very well under pressure. The moment won't be too big for him.

McCarron played better than Dalton this year imo.

Mike Tomlin & GM Kevin Colbert. :coffee:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the road team usually win in this particular Steeler/Bengal match-up?
I just hope it's a good game and I hope to take some of mikiemo83's money in the process.

Usually the Steelers just win. Since 2011 (When Dalton came into the league), the Steelers are 4-1 on the road, 3-2 at home v. Cincinnati.

So, there is that.

Back