20/21 Pats Season Predictions?

I am not sure Bill is like fans are with the thought of wanting to win without Brady

Bill is exactly like fans. We want to win games. So does he. Brady doesn't factor into anything the Patriots do this year.

I think that's what Dwight said. That BB will build an offense and defense that will play into the strengths of the players on the team, and whatever offense he designs will have nothing to do with what Brady's strengths were.

Cam Newton will be a better QB than he was in Carolina because Bill is the greatest at what he does, which is changing game plans to fit the players, not the other way around.

I know you don't like Cam but I think you will be surprised at the product you see on the field.

In this crazy year it will be the most forward thinking and well prepared teams that will be successful. Who's gonna bet against the greatest coach of all-time this insane year?

BB Coach of the Year!

Exact-A-Mundo!!!!

Bill is exactly like fans. We want to win games. So does he. Brady doesn't factor into anything the Patriots do this year.

I think that's what Dwight said. That BB will build an offense and defense that will play into the strengths of the players on the team, and whatever offense he designs will have nothing to do with what Brady's strengths were.

Cam Newton will be a better QB than he was in Carolina because Bill is the greatest at what he does, which is changing game plans to fit the players, not the other way around.

I know you don't like Cam but I think you will be surprised at the product you see on the field.

Nailed it

Umm...you literally said what I said. I said bill does not care about winning without Brady and no matter who he has he tries to win. Do you just try to argue no matter what I say? I do not think Cam will be better here, because beyond popular belief Bill is a defensive minded coach. Cam is Cam and is set in his ways and always has been. What he does will be because its what he does. I dont know Cam, I do not like how he plays, and I think he is more about himself than anything else, and that is not a good fit here. All of you would have said the same before he put that uniform on. He will struggle get upset, pout and then get hurt. Hopefully Stidham is ready by then. You guys are making predictions based on nothing, so not sure why you think you have it figured out. What I do know is what has made this team successful and that is unselfish players that will play their role. Cam has never been that type of player, so why should I believe he will now? Because Bill is coaching him? As if no player ever failed here under Bill especially on offense? What I am seeing is rose colored glasses and a refusal to believe that OMG, the pats might not be great for awhile because they just lost a Qb they had for 20 years and that is not easy to replace.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Who disputed any of that?

Who said they did? I'm sorry I do not buy into the, place Cam with Belichick and all of the sudden what he has done for 10 years changes overnight. Thats it. Prove me wrong. Maybe he can actually get over 60 percent this year
in passing against receivers who struggle to get open. Match made in heaven. God I hope the oline holds up.

I'm not wild about Newton in many ways, but I never doubt that BB and his staff have a plan for whomever they bring on board, and that if the player is willing and a hard worker, they will get the best out of him. I often think BB has a bit of Al Davis in him...he likes the bargain "misfit" rehab projects. Unlike Al, I think he enjoys the ecomomics of it as well as the rehab part.
I mean, we had Albert "boats and hos" Haynesworth on the team. Having to root for HIM was gagworthy.

Umm...you literally said what I said. I said bill does not care about winning without Brady and no matter who he has he tries to win. Do you just try to argue no matter what I say? I do not think Cam will be better here, because beyond popular belief Bill is a defensive minded coach. Cam is Cam and is set in his ways and always has been. What he does will be because its what he does. I dont know Cam, I do not like how he plays, and I think he is more about himself than anything else, and that is not a good fit here. All of you would have said the same before he put that uniform on. He will struggle get upset, pout and then get hurt. Hopefully Stidham is ready by then. You guys are making predictions based on nothing, so not sure why you think you have it figured out. What I do know is what has made this team successful and that is unselfish players that will play their role. Cam has never been that type of player, so why should I believe he will now? Because Bill is coaching him? As if no player ever failed here under Bill especially on offense? What I am seeing is rose colored glasses and a refusal to believe that OMG, the pats might not be great for awhile because they just lost a Qb they had for 20 years and that is not easy to replace.

---------- Post added at 12:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 AM ----------

Who said they did? I'm sorry I do not buy into the, place Cam with Belichick and all of the sudden what he has done for 10 years changes overnight. Thats it. Prove me wrong. Maybe he can actually get over 60 percent this year
in passing against receivers who struggle to get open. Match made in heaven. God I hope the oline holds up.

Then you haven’t been paying close attention for 20 years.

Bill gameplans every week. He assesses his teams strengths and weaknesses and the other teams and formulates his gameplan off that. He’s not going to do something Brady succeeded doing with Cam if their abilities differ.

What a dumb post. Just really dumb.
Cam is set in his ways? HTF do you know that? He was changing his ways well in 2018 before being injured.

Face it, you’re not a Patriots fan; every post you write demonstrates that you want Cam to fail, that without your obsession the team can’t win.

It’s gotten so incredibly old. No wonder you’ve been banned before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Then you haven’t been paying close attention for 20 years.

Bill gameplans every week. He assesses his teams strengths and weaknesses and the other teams and formulates his gameplan off that. He’s not going to do something Brady succeeded doing with Cam if their abilities differ.

And we have PROOF of this. When Cassel, Brissett and Garoppolo were the qbs, the gameplans were built around what THEY did well, not what TB did well.

Miami - W
@Seattle - L
Las Vegas - W
@KC - L
Denver - W
SF - L
@Buffalo - W
@Jete - W
Baltimore - L
@Houston - L
Arizona - W
@LA Chargers - W
@LA Rams - W
@Miami - L
Buffalo - W
Jete - W

Got 10-6. Young LBs, rookie TEs with no quality veteran depth, OL depth, run D, and WR production outside of Jules are my biggest concerns.

Excited to see the pass rush this year. Winovich, Wise, Uche, Butler should make it pretty fun to watch. HOPING that Rivers stays healthy and contributes. With the secondary being so outstanding, these guys should have plenty of opportunities to get to the QB.

Obviously excited to see how all the rookies and 2nd year guys contribute. Winovich is going to be awesome. Can Harris please get healthy and be a breakout at RB? Please let Harry put it together and be productive. The pass game desperately needs that. Interested to see how Williams is used. Cowart got some good praise during camp, so hoping he can help anchor the run D with Guy. Uche, Dugger, and Jennings should be impressive but there will be rookie mistakes along the way. Can Bailey punt the ball over the moon? We'll find out soon. Let's start the new era of Pats football!

I think this will be a typical year. Slow start will have everyone concerned, but the offense and defense will become less vanilla as the season progresses. I suspect BB almost likes not having exhibition games so he can really practice plays he doesn't want others to see.

Anyway, I'm thinking 10 - 12 wins with possible losses @Seattle, @KC (grrr), SF, Buffalo, Balt and @Houston for the 6 losses.

I mean hell Mikie picked 19-0. lol
listen honey...:Fart:

ok seriously, I explained it, I can't pick my team to lose a game..

I would pick my little league team over a 2020 red sox team.

I can't do it.

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

So glad NFL-Knows Nothing is sharing his usually pessimistic viewpoint.
Having fun following the Bucs?

What a dumb post. Just really dumb.
Cam is set in his ways? HTF do you know that? He was changing his ways well in 2018 before being injured.

Face it, you’re not a Patriots fan; every post you write demonstrates that you want Cam to fail, that without your obsession the team can’t win.

It’s gotten so incredibly old. No wonder you’ve been banned before.

200.gif

I think the Pats win the division, Newton will bring a much needed QB that can do more than just pass the ball. That's it, that's all I've got.

Jeff Howe picks 10-6 on theathletic.
https://theathletic.com/2050044/2020/09/08/patriots-season-preview-cam-newton-bill-belichick/

Record prediction

10-6: The Patriots’ schedule is daunting, but it’s set up for them to make a second-half run. If they’re competitive in the first half of the season, they still might trip several times and fall to 4-5 after hosting the Ravens in Week 10. But that can be OK, so long as they’re building something, because they can rip off a winning streak in late November and December. And if that’s how it plays out, there won’t be a team in the league that would want any part of a rolling Belichick squad in January.

I have no earthly idea. None.

I've always felt like preseason was an important indicator even if that was mainly to try and gauge the ability/progress of the young guys. I just liked to eyeball these kids and see what they look like and this year we're adding what amounts to two rookie classes without knowing a hell of a lot about them.

That said, I think we could go something like 1-3 to open the season and then I forsee things getting better and the laughing to quiet down.

So many questions and changes to speculate on. Just a few:

1. Will Cam stop trying to run NFL defenses over? Can he take advantage of the chance to resurrect his career here and earn a big contract? I want to believe the hype, but he's got to keep himself healthy first and foremost and then we'll see how it shakes out, but I have literally never seen anybody get the kind of image makeover Newton has just for putting on the Flying Elvis. and I've seen a ton of them.

There is a reason why Carolina let him walk, people. If he is great this season and leads us to glory then I'll be glad to be reminded on the regular that I was a skeptic.

2. Can Winovich step it up? Who is going to play LB? God, we've lost 4 guys that took most of the snaps last year. It could be a total fucking disaster --at least initially.

3. Can the TEs actually produce? Even a little?

4. Do we have enough mooses on the DL to stop the run? Why would anybody bother throwing at Gilmour and Co. when any average running team could steamroll us into submission?

Next time you walk past a piece of wood please knock on it for the health of Lawrence Guy because he's the only moose we have on D and every team needs at least 3.

5. Do I have to hear the word separation on a weekly basis from now on?

I'll quit there, but it's really clear that we will be getting little respect from anybody until we can demonstrate that losing Tom Brady was actually not the end of the world.

Jeff Howe picks 10-6 on theathletic.
https://theathletic.com/2050044/2020/09/08/patriots-season-preview-cam-newton-bill-belichick/

Record prediction

10-6: The Patriots’ schedule is daunting, but it’s set up for them to make a second-half run. If they’re competitive in the first half of the season, they still might trip several times and fall to 4-5 after hosting the Ravens in Week 10. But that can be OK, so long as they’re building something, because they can rip off a winning streak in late November and December. And if that’s how it plays out, there won’t be a team in the league that would want any part of a rolling Belichick squad in January.

Exactly as I predicted it.

Slow out of the gates with a real tough schedule, but once they figure out who they are they’re a very tough out.

Exactly as I predicted it.

Slow out of the gates with a real tough schedule, but once they figure out who they are they’re a very tough out.

This is a key ingredient to every season and it doesn't get mentioned enough.

Other teams seem to actively pamper their stars and Bill goes the opposite. Whatever you do today is what you are. Yesterday's headlines don't matter and I believe this is a shrewd way to play it. Don't go getting a swelled head and think you can just show up and expect the same results.

I don't know what kind of formal training the Boss has in psychology, but he seems to be really good at what you might call your team dynamic.

I sometimes enjoy watching another team go toxic because they've killed that dynamic for any number of reasons. Giving stars preferential treatment or getting so desperate that they screw up the cap on free agents who are all about the money. Drafting selfish players who think they are already stars and so forth.

I often see something going on and think "Bill wouldn't go for that" and I'm glad he is the way he is. As an aside, I think he'd do that sort of thing if he thought it would win him another ring, but he's like a Chef who puts the ingredients that he believes will work together and then hopes it'll all sort itself out over the course of the season and the same basic process has to take place every year.

We've lost a few alpha dogs along the way and I'll be looking for the next group to step it up and keep the pack going.

My uncle is an eye doctor. I called him cause I’m looking so hard at this schedule and I just can’t see 6 wins. Sometimes I see a real blurry 8.......

I’m not trying to be negative but this is a bad offense fellas. There’s not a single playmaker outside of Eddleman, and hopefully the coaches don’t burn him up by October. Whos stopping the run? The def is gonna have to be historic again to beat .500.

BBs awful GM decisions the last five years finally catch up without Brady covering his sorry ass. .500 at best and I doubt it.

My uncle is an eye doctor. I called him cause I’m looking so hard at this schedule and I just can’t see 6 wins. Sometimes I see a real blurry 8.......

I’m not trying to be negative but this is a bad offense fellas. There’s not a single playmaker outside of Eddleman, and hopefully the coaches don’t burn him up by October. Whos stopping the run? The def is gonna have to be historic again to beat .500.

BBs awful GM decisions the last five years finally catch up without Brady covering his sorry ass. .500 at best and I doubt it.

The rookie TE's might surprise...and, the running game might play a much bigger part than before.

I have no earthly idea. None.

I've always felt like preseason was an important indicator even if that was mainly to try and gauge the ability/progress of the young guys. I just liked to eyeball these kids and see what they look like and this year we're adding what amounts to two rookie classes without knowing a hell of a lot about them.

That said, I think we could go something like 1-3 to open the season and then I forsee things getting better and the laughing to quiet down.

So many questions and changes to speculate on. Just a few:

1. Will Cam stop trying to run NFL defenses over? Can he take advantage of the chance to resurrect his career here and earn a big contract? I want to believe the hype, but he's got to keep himself healthy first and foremost and then we'll see how it shakes out, but I have literally never seen anybody get the kind of image makeover Newton has just for putting on the Flying Elvis. and I've seen a ton of them.

There is a reason why Carolina let him walk, people. If he is great this season and leads us to glory then I'll be glad to be reminded on the regular that I was a skeptic.

2. Can Winovich step it up? Who is going to play LB? God, we've lost 4 guys that took most of the snaps last year. It could be a total fucking disaster --at least initially.

3. Can the TEs actually produce? Even a little?

4. Do we have enough mooses on the DL to stop the run? Why would anybody bother throwing at Gilmour and Co. when any average running team could steamroll us into submission?

Next time you walk past a piece of wood please knock on it for the health of Lawrence Guy because he's the only moose we have on D and every team needs at least 3.

5. Do I have to hear the word separation on a weekly basis from now on?

I'll quit there, but it's really clear that we will be getting little respect from anybody until we can demonstrate that losing Tom Brady was actually not the end of the world.

I agree with pretty much everything...

The rookie TE's might surprise...and, the running game might play a much bigger part than before.

Agree.

IF the return of Andrews, a legit FB, OL health, and TEs that can block, coupled with the glowing reports on Harris and the ability of Cam to keep it make our run game very good and diverse then that will set the stage for the passing game.

2020, but Bill might be going old school.

Back