2013 NFL Draft

Fantastic is right. One of the greatest backstories ever and a Belichick appearance to boot.

I've had my doubts but I'm now convinced. Let's take him at 29. Not having a prototype 4-3 LDE is almost as big a weakness as WR and this guy fits the role perfectly.

Can I change my pick to Hunt?

Only if you can change his position to TE. A guy that big w/ 4.6 speed who can catch? Just imagine! Move over Gronk, there's a new sheriff in town.

Karen Guregian ‏@kguregian 1m
Look for Commissioner Roger Goodell to give mike to marathon hero Joe Andruzzi to announce Pats first pick

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZUfjngfcW1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> popcorn

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZUfjngfcW1c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> popcorn

Buster Hyman seems like he could be a great player, Offensive AND Defensive tackle, wow, quite some player.

From 2010. Tell me again why BB chose Cunningham and Price. ?

I really couldn't say about Cunningham except to say that he seemed like a pretty safe pick for a 3-4 OLB development prospect at the time.

OTOH, between picks #22 and #88, eleven WRs were taken and they've put up an average of over 1500 yards and 10 TDs, with the lowest being Shipley at 858/4 and only two guys over 2100 yards (so pretty good average production for that group).

Of the 19 WRs drafted starting with #89 (Armanti Edwards), only two guys have topped 680 yds and 5 TDs (Mike Williams and Antonio Brown). The other 17 (not including the four guys who never caught a pass) have put up an average of 250 yards over 3 seasons and caught 23 TOTAL TDs among them.

IOW, by the time the Pats were picking at #90 (Price), the WR well was pretty much dry.

Frankly, I've never been certain why BB even went with a WR at all with that pick. It didn't seem all that necessary at the time, and I was among many who were hoping for LB Navarro Bowman who SFO took with the #91.

:shrug:

I really couldn't say about Cunningham except to say that he seemed like a pretty safe pick for a 3-4 OLB development prospect at the time.

OTOH, between picks #22 and #88, eleven WRs were taken and they've put up an average of over 1500 yards and 10 TDs, with the lowest being Shipley at 858/4 and only two guys over 2100 yards (so pretty good average production for that group).

Of the 19 WRs drafted starting with #89 (Armanti Edwards), only two guys have topped 680 yds and 5 TDs (Mike Williams and Antonio Brown). The other 17 (not including the four guys who never caught a pass) have put up an average of 250 yards over 3 seasons and caught 23 TOTAL TDs among them.

IOW, by the time the Pats were picking at #90 (Price), the WR well was pretty much dry.

Frankly, I've never been certain why BB even went with a WR at all with that pick. It didn't seem all that necessary at the time, and I was among many who were hoping for LB Navarro Bowman who SFO took with the #91.

:shrug:

If I remember correctly this was a globe article.
It was a projection their sports department did as how the patriots did their board.
The info was NOT the patriots scouting or patriots board, it was a representation of what the pats board might look like.

That was one of BB best draft class. price was just a compete Bust. Cunningham had a great training camp & a descent start to the season. Until he failed a drug test and did nothing after coming back.

Please tell me I didn't just see Andy Reid rocking a tie dye t-shirt on draft night.

So I enter the Chat room and can see other's posts but not mine? Does it work with Chrome?

OK, I'll admit that I'm not sure what all those numbers mean.

One is presumably DOB, another is presumably the 40 time, but what are the others?

BTW, some of the larger numbers look a little different, as if they were photoshopped. I'm not sure, but the sharpness does look different.

Sure glad I stayed up to see who the Pats took.

:insane:

Not sure who didn't expect a trade down when we only had 4 picks. Thanks Minny

Back