4 Potential Landing Spots for Calvin Johnson

An honest question:

Has anybody seen much of Detroit this year? Did Johnson look like a world-beater to you?

Of course, anybody would be glad to get him, but before we break the piggy bank on a WR we better check him out closely to make sure he is still who we think he is.

He hasn't looked all that great when I've seen them this year, which is admittedly not that much. Anybody know if he has issues with his wheels?

Let's cut the c**p. Let's just go and get Antonio Brown and stop messing around.

An honest question:

Has anybody seen much of Detroit this year? Did Johnson look like a world-beater to you?

Of course, anybody would be glad to get him, but before we break the piggy bank on a WR we better check him out closely to make sure he is still who we think he is.

He hasn't looked all that great when I've seen them this year, which is admittedly not that much. Anybody know if he has issues with his wheels?

Haven't seen him a ton but stats:
2015 151 targets / 88 receptions / 1214 yards

2008 151 targets / 78 receptions / 1331 yards

I don't think he's lost much, and he's got freaking Stafford throwing to him.

Edit: And he's not a diva, never any controversy at all....

The O-Line? Also without fixing the O-line it would be pointless to get a deep threat.

I'd love to see it but I'm not holding my breath.
this is my concern, get some tackle help and develop their young guards.

An honest question:

statistically he has been about the same but like you my eyes told me he is not what he once was. I remember drops this season, I mean drops not trying for the amazing catch and failing.

An honest question:

Randy Moss... :coffee:

As much as i would like having Calvin on Our team, We need to spend our cap to secure our defence long-term. Collins, Hightower, CJones, Ryan and Butler will all be in a contract year next season.

I will never in a million years understand why guys like this don't jump at the chance for play for NE for pennies.

The TB/BB combo is one that will likely never come along again. This is a team that contends every single year. You've got the GOAT QB and coach on the same team. That same QB is still playing at an MVP level.

Why are elite UFAs not dropping everything to join a team for 1 year on minimum contracts to chase a SB? Revis did it. Not that he took the minimum, but he took a pay cut and got his ring. No one says a guy like CJ would have to sign long-term, but why not play for cheap for a year and see what happens?

It just boggles my mind that guys would rather get huge, fat contracts with trash tier teams their entire careers. Dudes who've already made a lot of money are in a position to take a cheap contract for 1-2 years to chase that SB and then sign the big contract later (ie. Revis).

To each their own, but if I was in that position I'd have my list of destinations narrowed to the top 3 contenders and I'd take whatever money they could spend to play with a guy like TFB...

I will never in a million years understand why guys like this don't jump at the chance for play for NE for pennies.

The TB/BB combo is one that will likely never come along again. This is a team that contends every single year. You've got the GOAT QB and coach on the same team. That same QB is still playing at an MVP level.

Why are elite UFAs not dropping everything to join a team for 1 year on minimum contracts to chase a SB? Revis did it. Not that he took the minimum, but he took a pay cut and got his ring. No one says a guy like CJ would have to sign long-term, but why not play for cheap for a year and see what happens?

It just boggles my mind that guys would rather get huge, fat contracts with trash tier teams their entire careers. Dudes who've already made a lot of money are in a position to take a cheap contract for 1-2 years to chase that SB and then sign the big contract later (ie. Revis).

To each their own, but if I was in that position I'd have my list of destinations narrowed to the top 3 contenders and I'd take whatever money they could spend to play with a guy like TFB...

I have never understood this either. A championship cements your legacy.

I think this philosophy changed with the meteoric rises in player salaries.

I think fans are more and more invested in winning, where players are more in tune as business mercenaries. Every last penny.

Right Bob?

#everylastpenny
#byebye1st
#goodfortheleague
#keepfeedingthegoldengoose

An honest question:

When the Lions O-LINE played well, then Stafford was able to make throws and CJ was able to run routes and make catches, like 1 or 2 games this season CJ scored like 3-4 TDs. However, the most needed piece of the Pats that needs fixing, restoration, etc is their O-LINE. Bottom line is bringing CJ to Pat without definitively fixing the O-LINE is

I am very confident CJ will be looking for both security in a long contract and most importantly biggest pay check possible. So, this is another reason why CJ coming to Pats is not too realistic, imho.

Yes, I believe he did miss 4-5 games this whole regular season for hammy, ribs, etc. like injuries. I watched about 4-5 (Turkey Day game 45-14 pounding the Eagles, who beat the Pats special teams...lol, too) of their games and when their O-LINE plays well and CJ is healthy he is unstoppable catching the ball in full stride, jumping way up and taking the ball away from defenders especially in the endzone, and moving the chains running smart routes, etc.

Please see my comments above.

He played every game this year.

I had him on my fantasy team. Frustrating season.

Dealt with ankle issues for a large portion of the season.

He played every game this year.

I had him on my fantasy team. Frustrating season.

Dealt with ankle issues for a large portion of the season.

He ALWAYS seems dinged up. Not worth the money he's gonna get from someone.

One possibility is that they don't want to work as hard a BB will make them.

News Report coming out that Calvin Johnson is mulling retirement. We know how Belichick loves players that LOVE football. Don't know if he'd like a guy who is mulling retirement. Though he did talk Steven Jackson out of retirement.

News Report coming out that Calvin Johnson is mulling retirement. We know how Belichick loves players that LOVE football. Don't know if he'd like a guy who is mulling retirement. Though he did talk Steven Jackson out of retirement.

From PFT

Calvin Johnson contemplating retirement

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 6, 2016, 2:28 PM EST

Lions wide receiver Calvin Johnson might call it quits.

“Like many players at this stage of their career, I am currently evaluating options for my future,” Johnson said in a statement released by the Lions Wednesday afternoon.

Johnson added that he expects to reach a decision “in the not-too-distant future.”

Johnson has 11,619 receiving yards and 83 touchdowns in his nine-year career. He turned 30 last September.

He was recently selected to his sixth straight Pro Bowl.

A former teammate who wished to remain anonymous told the Detroit Free Press “it’s just his time” and that he’s talked with Johnson about retirement.

What does cutting LaFell and Chandler free up .. in addition to not having to pay for a 1st rounder next year?

Back