Another 6 or 7 Years

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Kraft told media today that Brady told him two or three days ago that he was good to go for another six or seven years.

I believe him.

:coffee:

Kraft told media today that Brady told him two or three days ago that he was good to go for another six or seven years.

I believe him.

Albert Breer‏Verified account @AlbertBreer <small class="time"> </small>
Patriots owner Robert Kraft on Tom Brady: "As recently as 2 or 3 days ago, he assured me that he'd be willing to play another 6 or 7 years."

So many things have to happen just right for "another 6-7 years" to actually happen.

I don't care how long it is as long as it's long enough for Brady to wipe every Manning record from the books.

That has always been Brady's goal to play until he is 45. I have learned to never bet against him. The only question is if the Pats believe he can play that long at a high level. If they do, then Jimmy is def. gone this off-season.

I'm just going to leave this right here for any doubters. This is a 47 year old Brett Favre. We all know he was garbage for several years before he finally retired or teams refused to give him a contract. But you can't deny that the arm is still there. Brady is light years smarter as a player than Favre was on a good day and can compensate for any skills that might deteriorate along the way.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Had the G.O.A.T. Brett Favre out throwing today. I asked him to come out retirement to throw a pick to me. J/P cool guy... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TAT?src=hash">#TAT</a> <a href="https://t.co/FljsvBSIXh">pic.twitter.com/FljsvBSIXh</a></p>— Robert Alford (@rockorocky) <a href="https://twitter.com/rockorocky/status/844614203503788034">March 22, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I'm just going to leave this right here for any doubters. This is a 47 year old Brett Favre. We all know he was garbage for several years before he finally retired or teams refused to give him a contract. But you can't deny that the arm is still there. Brady is light years smarter as a player than Favre was on a good day and can compensate for any skills that might deteriorate along the way.

That is pretty cool. Favre never lost his arm and neither did Elway for that matter. For many players it comes down to the mental as opposed to the physical. For Brady, having just won two titles at ages 37 and 39, he is as fresh mentally with the taste of winning as ever. And he is in insane shape with his fitness and diet. If any QB can get to 45 playing at a high level, it is Brady. And Bill just loaded up the team for him to go get #6.

That is pretty cool. Favre never lost his arm and neither did Elway for that matter. For many players it comes down to the mental as opposed to the physical. For Brady, having just won two titles at ages 37 and 39, he is as fresh mentally with the taste of winning as ever. And he is in insane shape with his fitness and diet. If any QB can get to 45 playing at a high level, it is Brady. And Bill just loaded up the team for him to go get #6.

It's not the mental.

It's the physical.

Specifically recovery.

You just don't bounce back as quick. I notice it in simple rec hockey over the past 5-6 yrs. Played my whole life. It's gotten noticeable the lengthier post activity soreness and the longer duration.

And this is just simple rec hockey. Not the meanest physically imposing athletes on the planet.

Then throw in asinine Thursday games?

Brutal.

I want Brady to dominate and win more titles. I want to see the group of so called elites below him retire before him. He has a legit shot at dominating the sport for 20 years. Could enable Godmode and win SBs in 3 different decades too :coffee:

My body is ready.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Please don't let Brady disgrace himself like Brett Favre did and hang on for 4 years too long.

I don't want to remember him that way. Think about it.....Favre was so good for so long.....but what do we all remember?

Please don't let Brady disgrace himself like Brett Favre did and hang on for 4 years too long.

I don't want to remember him that way. Think about it.....Favre was so good for so long.....but what do we all remember?

Junk-mail? :shrug:

Cheers, BostonTim

That is a terrible comparison. It wasn't that Favre held on too long, it was that he strung the Packers along season after season threatening to retire because he did not want to go through TC. Favre was easily one of the most selfish players to ever play the game and a turnover machine in key playoff moments which happened throughout his career not just at the end.

Brady has been the polar opposite. All the guy has talked about is wanting to play into his 40's. His entire life from his diet to his sleep to his fitness is ordered to help him to achieve this goal. He has always been the ultimate teammate and team guy taking market friendly deals unlike Favre who would not listen to the Jets or Vikes unless the big money was on the table.

Brady has already played better at ages 37-39 than any QB before him with two titles in his pocket. He is as motivated as ever to win more. Eventually he will decline of course and at that time as he has said he will re-evaluate and step away from the game. Right now there is no reason for him to have any such thoughts given the season he just put up and his desire to win more. And really it is this last part that separates him from Favre and everyone else, he is the ultimate competitor and will do whatever is in his power to keep playing at a high level.

Jenn Sterger and Desmond Howard...

If Brady wants to play 6-7 more years, there's zero chance he plays his entire career with the Patriots. I really, really, really hope Brady realizes when it's time to move on and doesn't pull a Brett Favre and make a fool out of himself. Play 2-3 more years, win another banner and ride off into the sunset. That's what I'm hoping anyways.

I actually mostly agree with what Curran said last night.

When I actually see evidence of declining play (to the point where someone else on the roster is better), then I'll say he should retire.

But hell if I'm going to rush him out the door. If Favre can have a great season when he's 42, there's no reason Brady can't be great at that age or even slightly older, barring catastrophic injury of course. If Brady starts until he's 43, that's FOUR more seasons.

If he stays upright, it's not far-fetched at all. Maybe saying he'll play until 46 is stretching it, but I'll just look at him year-to-year and see what my eyes tell me.

If the Patriots intended on keeping him that long, Jimmy would already have been traded. Maybe they still will, but the idea of a 46 year old Tom Brady limping up and down the field is nauseating.

I actually mostly agree with what Curran said last night.

When I actually see evidence of declining play (to the point where someone else on the roster is better), then I'll say he should retire.

But hell if I'm going to rush him out the door. If Favre can have a great season when he's 42, there's no reason Brady can't be great at that age or even slightly older, barring catastrophic injury of course. If Brady starts until he's 43, that's FOUR more seasons.

If he stays upright, it's not far-fetched at all. Maybe saying he'll play until 46 is stretching it, but I'll just look at him year-to-year and see what my eyes tell me.

I never thought of it this way, but you're 100% correct.

Given that Lord Fahvre didn't quite take care of himself to the same degree TB has it is completely conceivable TB should be able to be extremely productive and exceptionally durable moving forward.

I'm relenting.

It just may be time to flip JG.

Damn.

Back