Babalu

I know it's a bummer to log into this thread and not read that babs hopped up out of bed and is walking around and joking and laughing but from my limited knowledge on EEE, it is a loooooooooong road to recovery. And there are so few cases that it's difficult to pin-point any kind of a time-table on the successful recoveries.

For what it's worth, on the positive side of this thing, everything that frankw has posted in terms of bab's progress is very, VERY encouraging based on the potential negative results that are often the outcome of this disease.

It's best that folks prepare to dig in their heals as this might take a while and the updates are likely to only include reports of slight improvement over a period of time. It's kind of a bummer but at the same time, I feel optimistic for the long-term based on where he is now and how catastrophic this disease often is.

1-0, Babs. Maroney's been traded for an 18-pack of Coors Light cans (and not the Cold-Activated kind either).

Fund Set Up For Local EEE Victim

http://wbztv.com/local/jeffery.fuller.eee.2.1912121.html

She said it's hard to believe a mosquito could take out her brother, who's over six feet tall and who she thinks could be a lineman for the Patriots.

"It's just unfortunate that the wrong mosquito bit him," nodded Michelle Fitzgerald, talking about her brother Jeffery Fuller, who has been unconscious for about three weeks since he was diagnosed with potentially deadly EEE. "It's so vicious, the way this attacks a person. It's amazing how fast it happens. I had no idea until I saw it myself," she explained.

Speaking publically about her brother for the first time, Michelle Fitzgerald told WBZ's Ron Sanders her family was on vacation in late August when Jeffery began to feel ill with an excruciating headache and high fever. "I mean sick enough where he didn't know who his wife was, delirium kind of set in at that point."

His wife immediately took him to Mass. General Hospital where tests confirmed he had contracted Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE). "They do know it was in southeastern Mass., somewhere in the Middleboro/Lakeville area, possibly as far south as Wareham," Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald said her brother, a 43-year-old father of a 5-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy, works indoors for a textile company but is an avid outdoorsman. "He hunts, he fishes, he gardens, he camps. I wish that people could know him the way I do because he's a wonderful person."

Public health officials have said spraying of nearly 300,000 acres in Plymouth and Bristol counties killed about 80 percent of the area's mosquitoes, but some infected ones remained. "I think the most important thing for families to know is that this happens to anyone. You can be at the ball field. You can be out for a walk. Please, please, please protect your family because it's not a nameless, faceless disease," urged Fitzgerald.

Her brother is on a feeding tube, but she said his vitals are stable, his temperature is good and he's fighting hard. "We'll be fighting right along with him and hopefully someday he'll be back to the same person he always was...oh he's walking out. He doesn't have any other choice. Someday," she affirmed through a smile.

Michelle Fitzgerald says her brother's family is accumulating considerable expenses staying by his side, which is why she's organizing a benefit for them at the Elks in Middleboro set for December 3.

She says donations can be sent to:

Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

FBO (for the benefit of) JEFFERY FULLER

http://wbztv.com/local/jeffery.fuller.eee.2.1912121.html

She said it's hard to believe a mosquito could take out her brother, who's over six feet tall and who she thinks could be a lineman for the Patriots.

"It's just unfortunate that the wrong mosquito bit him," nodded Michelle Fitzgerald, talking about her brother Jeffery Fuller, who has been unconscious for about three weeks since he was diagnosed with potentially deadly EEE. "It's so vicious, the way this attacks a person. It's amazing how fast it happens. I had no idea until I saw it myself," she explained.

Speaking publically about her brother for the first time, Michelle Fitzgerald told WBZ's Ron Sanders her family was on vacation in late August when Jeffery began to feel ill with an excruciating headache and high fever. "I mean sick enough where he didn't know who his wife was, delirium kind of set in at that point."

His wife immediately took him to Mass. General Hospital where tests confirmed he had contracted Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE). "They do know it was in southeastern Mass., somewhere in the Middleboro/Lakeville area, possibly as far south as Wareham," Fitzgerald said.

Fitzgerald said her brother, a 43-year-old father of a 5-year-old girl and an 8-year-old boy, works indoors for a textile company but is an avid outdoorsman. "He hunts, he fishes, he gardens, he camps. I wish that people could know him the way I do because he's a wonderful person."

Public health officials have said spraying of nearly 300,000 acres in Plymouth and Bristol counties killed about 80 percent of the area's mosquitoes, but some infected ones remained. "I think the most important thing for families to know is that this happens to anyone. You can be at the ball field. You can be out for a walk. Please, please, please protect your family because it's not a nameless, faceless disease," urged Fitzgerald.

Her brother is on a feeding tube, but she said his vitals are stable, his temperature is good and he's fighting hard. "We'll be fighting right along with him and hopefully someday he'll be back to the same person he always was...oh he's walking out. He doesn't have any other choice. Someday," she affirmed through a smile.

Michelle Fitzgerald says her brother's family is accumulating considerable expenses staying by his side, which is why she's organizing a benefit for them at the Elks in Middleboro set for December 3.

She says donations can be sent to:

Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

wow ,he will get better and he will walk out of the hospital

Let's all note the donation address at Eastern Bank and try to donate if you can.

Let's all note the donation address at Eastern Bank and try to donate if you can.

This is a must. That poor family. Aside from the grief and pain that they are going through, the financial woes that they will suffer going forward are too overwhelming to think about.

If Frank knows anything about the fundraiser, whether there's going to be an auction, if items can be donated for auction, please let us know. I have some autographed sports memorabilia that I'm certain could auction for a nice price, and I would be happy to donate.

As we all have endured financial hardships during the last few years, we must remember that this is a young family that will have struggles beyond what any of us can imagine. The smallest amount is going to help keep a roof over their heads.

Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

Yes, lets do that.

Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

Yes, lets do that.

And even if you can't donate alot, please remember, it all adds up. No donation is too small.

If Frank knows anything about the fundraiser, whether there's going to be an auction, if items can be donated for auction, please let us know. I have some autographed sports memorabilia that I'm certain could auction for a nice price, and I would be happy to donate.

I could come up with some stuff as well.

Let's see what they need and take it from there. I'm sure Frank will let us know as soon as practicable.

The planet can help a family who is hurting right now.

I'm in.

Babs is gonna be overcome with emotion when he comes back and sees this thread, all the posts, prayers, all the people from all over the country following his progress, helping out in any way they can.....

I can't wait to hear what he has to say for himself, putting us all through this, missing opening day, etc. ;)

Get well, babs..... We'll deal with the rest later. wuv

FWIW, you've definitely helped me resurrect my prayer life!

:toast:

I have a slightly worn Maroney jersey.:rolleyes:

I can't wait until you get better Babs. I miss you.:sulk:

Update: 9/15/2010

Not a whole lot to report, just more small positive things. The neurologist have noticed an increase in his reflexes, he's still opening his eyes with and without stimulation, but he's still not tracking yet. His temperature is good, they haven't seen any seizure activity and his overall condition is fairly stable.

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming. We need to wake him up.

As you guys have already picked up the local new stories I won't repeat them here. And I will get you more details soon on donating auction items, etc.

Just a slight clarification, if you'd like to make donations:

Checks should be made payable to:
Michelle Fitzgerald FBO Jeffrey Fuller
and they should be sent to:
Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

How are the kids doing Frank? I thought of them yesterday when reading the story of the man who died at Gillette Sunday and his little boy was with him. :( They must be so scared and confused. Poor little things.

How are the kids doing Frank? I thought of them yesterday when reading the story of the man who died at Gillette Sunday and his little boy was with him. :( They must be so scared and confused. Poor little things.
yeah I think about them a lot, school started and by the age of his daughter, she is entering Kindergarten so in addition to all the typical life changes at that age you have them trying to understand what is going on with Dad... tears me up thinking about them

Update: 9/15/2010

Not a whole lot to report, just more small positive things. The neurologist have noticed an increase in his reflexes, he's still opening his eyes with and without stimulation, but he's still not tracking yet. His temperature is good, they haven't seen any seizure activity and his overall condition is fairly stable.

Please keep the prayers and positive thoughts coming. We need to wake him up.

As you guys have already picked up the local new stories I won't repeat them here. And I will get you more details soon on donating auction items, etc.

Just a slight clarification, if you'd like to make donations:

Checks should be made payable to:
Michelle Fitzgerald FBO Jeffrey Fuller
and they should be sent to:
Eastern Bank
226 Main St.
Wareham, MA 02571

Thanks for the update, Frank. I made the changes that you mentioned.

As always, thank you very much for all the info you're giving us. I'll add the auction items info to the main donation thread once you have them.

The kids are doing as well as can be expected. They're 5 and 8 years old and they don't know the full story. They are currently living with their aunt and are going to school there. His son is signed up for karate and his daughter is signed up for dance, so they're going about life as normally as possible. Jeff's wife is splitting nights between the hospital and her sister's, so she can spend time with the kids.

babalu,

WBZ-TV4 Boston during the 6:30AM news slot today had a segment of video of your sister Michelle speaking about your situation and it was introduced by your fave anchor-cookie Paula :Ohbaby: Ebben

drool drool
NOM
NOM
NOM

2711368626_411a8a0a3f.jpg

where they showed this photo of you

attachment.php

after the video finished they switched back to the anchor-desk where it was heard:

"So stunning a thing that such a virile, robust handsome hunk-of-a man could be brought down by something as small as a mosquito"

unfortunately for you & your day-dreams-of-Paula

images

^^THIS was the one verbally hitting on you

/no homo :rolleyes::rolleyes:

now you get up & out of that bed :Lecture: dammit, so you can kill me later ROFL

Back