Babalu

Just got back from Jeff's room. They have capped the button on his trach tube and he can now talk if he so desires. He is more conscious of his surroundings and he did open his eyes and focus on Maureen and also on me. There is very positive progress today and I thank God, the caring staff here, and Jeff's own very tough constitutuon. There is no question that the prayers and caring from this group have helped a great deal. I will try to see him once more before I am discharged and will update further. Paul:toast:

Just got back from Jeff's room. They have capped the button on his trach tube and he can now talk if he so desires. He is more conscious of his surroundings and he did open his eyes and focus on Maureen and also on me. There is very positive progress today and I thank God, the caring staff here, and Jeff's own very tough constitutuon. There is no question that the prayers and caring from this group have helped a great deal. I will try to see him once more before I am discharged and will update further. Paul:toast:

Thanks for the update Paul.

Final update for today since I am at my physical limits for today. This afternoon Babs started whispering to Maureen so I left to give them some privacy. Later she said that Jeff was trying to say something but the voice just was not there. Will try to get a visit and update in tomorrow if the discharge timing allows for it. Great night to all. Paul

Taltos - Thankful you are well enough to leave, and also for your updates on Babs! God bless you both, and prayers for you both will continue.....

Final update for today since I am at my physical limits for today. This afternoon Babs started whispering to Maureen so I left to give them some privacy. Later she said that Jeff was trying to say something but the voice just was not there. Will try to get a visit and update in tomorrow if the discharge timing allows for it. Great night to all. Paul
Wonderful news on all accounts..that Babs is starting to try and speak and that you are going home!!!:toast:

Wonderful news on all accounts..that Babs is starting to try and speak and that you are going home!!!:toast:

Wonderful is a good word for both.

Best wishes go out to Taltos for his continued recovery at home and a special prayer for the return of Jeff's voice because I have a feeling he's going to have plenty to say before long.

It might be a while before we see a Babalu post on these pages, but I look forward to a quote in the next few weeks.

Final update on Babs with me as a fellow in patient. He is exhausted from his efforts yesterday. I am just waiting for my final treatment before parole. Maureen just came down to my room to say hello-Jeff is still asleep but possibly a good target for another dig that will get his attention. Hawg, you are right, there are several of us who are in line for pay-back and I will personally take my pay-back with a smile. Have a smurfy day all and will catch you later. Paul:insane::toast:

Final update on Babs with me as a fellow in patient. He is exhausted from his efforts yesterday. I am just waiting for my final treatment before parole. Maureen just came down to my room to say hello-Jeff is still asleep but possibly a good target for another dig that will get his attention. Hawg, you are right, there are several of us who are in line for pay-back and I will personally take my pay-back with a smile. Have a smurfy day all and will catch you later. Paul:insane::toast:

Thanks for this and happy to hear about your recovery.

Just when you all thought that I was done for the day, another Babs report. I was just finishing packing and Maureen came down and said that Jeff was asking for me. Went up to his room and he was trying to talk, eyes open and mouth working, just no voice. This is before he got the meds today that wake him up. Extremely good news, will check in later. Paul

Just when you all thought that I was done for the day, another Babs report. I was just finishing packing and Maureen came down and said that Jeff was asking for me. Went up to his room and he was trying to talk, eyes open and mouth working, just no voice. This is before he got the meds today that wake him up. Extremely good news, will check in later. Paul

AWESOME! :toast: I bet if you could read his lips, he's saying "when you get outta here, grab me a brewski, bro!"

:D

AWESOME! :toast: I bet if you could read his lips, he's saying "when you get outta here, grab me a brewski, bro!"

:D

Or maybe "If you get ahold of the guy who thought up that apple juice/fake beer stunt tell him to 'KISS MY ASS!'" :thwak: ROFL

Aw. sum.

Once he gets talking, he's going to be on a monumental rant:thumb:

Keep up the fight of your life Jeff.:thumb:
I would also like to put in my claim for your first batch of Babalu’s finest Beer of your choice once you get out of total hibernation mode and start brewing again.:thumb::patriots!:thumb:

God Bless

Thanks for the update, Paul. Definitely great to hear!!!

Heavenly Father, thank You for the many positive and encouraging reports awaiting my return to this thread; thank You for taltos' discharge and the progress in recovery which led to this point, I ask Your mercy to continue to wrap him in Your love, fill him with Your Holy Spirit, heal him and return him to his family and friends to be the man You have prepared him to be in the footsteps of Your Son, Jesus Christ; thank You for Babalu's progress and the return of his voice, thank You for the caregivers for Babs and taltos, thank You for the family and friends who continue to work for his recovery with their support and love, I ask Your mercy to enfold him in Your love, fill him with Your healing and teaching Holy Spirit, speed his recovery and bring him home in resumed health to cherish his family and friends as You would have each of us cherish ours; thank You for Your blessing of patriotswin4me, returning him to us with adventure tales rather than further health woes, I ask Your mercy continue to work in his life, filling and surrounding him with Your Holy Spirit to strengthen him in his love for You and his mission in Christ as a witness to Your love; thank You for the many people in this forum who have bonded together in friendship which extends beyond the simple love of football and reaches into our daily lives with support and genuine affection, may we all be sustained in Your Word, filled with Your Holy Spirit for guidance and endurance in life, may we all become Your children through Your great gift of love, Christ Jesus, in whose Name I pray. Amen.

Back