Babalu

Not quite the "show of force" I expected. Particularly when the task was drinkin' freakin' beer in honor of one of our weakened alum!!!:banghead::cuss:

So, in order to garner the full strength of the Planet I'll go and declare 8 p.m. ET Babalu hour henceforth. Any beer slugged by a Planeteer will subconciously increase Babs strength and resistance to this dreadful affliction.

Slug away boys and girls, to as good a cause as we'll ever know.:toast:

Myself? I tend to favor the Mayflower IPA. Going down extra fine of late as I know Babs truly enjoys this product as well.

Update: 8/30/2010

Not a whole lot to report. They successfully removed the breathing and feeding tubes and did the tracheotomy to assist with his breathing. They also inserted a feeding tube directly into his stomach. They are still assisting his breathing and as I mentioned before, he is and has always been initiating each breath on his own. They will now start to ween him off the breathing assistance.

One minor issue is that they think he may be occasionally having, what they're calling, micro seizures. But there is disagreement within his medical team as to whether they are actually micro-seizures at all. Either way, they're giving him some antiseizure meds to get rid of them. While they get this squared away, they'll hold off a few more days before they begin the process of trying to wake him up.

So we're back to waiting. Please keep up the prayers and positive thoughts.

Please be mindful of protecting Jeff's identity. Try not to use his full name when discussing this with others, especially those who don't know him.

Thanks,

Frank
Thanks Frank. C'mon Babs...get through this thing bro!

Drank a few Magic Hats last night for him. I hope he appreciates it. :toast:

Thanks for this and all of the other updates frank. It means alot to all of us.

As always, thoughts and prayers bab. Week 1 is fast approaching. You better hurry up and beat this thing. :archive:

Not quite the "show of force" I expected. Particularly when the task was drinkin' freakin' beer in honor of one of our weakened alum!!!:banghead::cuss:

So, in order to garner the full strength of the Planet I'll go and declare 8 p.m. ET Babalu hour henceforth. Any beer slugged by a Planeteer will subconciously increase Babs strength and resistance to this dreadful affliction.

Slug away boys and girls, to as good a cause as we'll ever know.
:toast:

Myself? I tend to favor the Mayflower IPA. Going down extra fine of late as I know Babs truly enjoys this product as well.
JHC, theys no need to get violent about this FFS :Lecture: :shake:

maybe some of us will drink to Babs' continuing progress and full recovery when & where we damn well please, ya bald-headed stooge :D

I myself will be imbibing

samadams-stout.jpg
this very Thursday nite on the eve of the final pre-season game between the Pats & The NY Football VelcroHelmetCatching Giant-Gunts

and @ 9.20% ABV I don't give a rats bunghole if Hurricane Earl shows up early as I toast/ get toasted on Babs' behalf :thumb:

It occurs to me that Babs is a foodee as well. I say he gets my good vibes for the london broil that will have been marinating for about 48 hours when it hits my grill 9 hours from now.

Plus, of course, contiued inclusion in nightly family prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just saw this thread. Jeff my thoughts and prayers are with you.

I drank Miller High Life Lite last night, just to piss him off :harumph:

BEAT THAT, PLANETEERS!

:p

maybe some of us will drink to Babs' continuing progress and full recovery when & where we damn well please, ya bald-headed stooge :D

I, myself, have just lifted a steaming mug a joe to the big ol bahstid.

Still thinking about you babs.

samadams-stout.jpg
this very Thursday nite on the eve of the final pre-season game between the Pats & The NY Football VelcroHelmetCatching Giant-Gunts

and @ 9.20% ABV I don't give a rats bunghole if Hurricane Earl shows up early as I toast/ get toasted on Babs' behalf :thumb:

Weeeelllllllllll.......lookeey here whut teh cat drug in....

Bettah find yoself a nice clean parcel o' sidewalk to lay yo bad self down on upon and not some God-fersaken poopy-riddled fire hydrant dog-a-pissin' area whence them libations stir up a shitestorm in yo head...

It occurs to me that Babs is a foodee as well. I say he gets my good vibes for the london broil that will have been marinating for about 48 hours when it hits my grill 9 hours from now.

Plus, of course, contiued inclusion in nightly family prayers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Good idea Flagg.

Proper meats and fishes prepared in interesting fashion shall be added to the hour.

Weeeelllllllllll.......lookeey here whut teh cat drug in....

Bettah find yoself a nice clean parcel o' sidewalk to lay yo bad self down on upon and not some God-fersaken poopy-riddled fire hydrant dog-a-pissin' area whence them libations stir up a shitestorm in yo head...
:shake:

there's no need for name-calling :( and character assassination :spock: in this thread-of-compassion-&-healing grace

you useless pogey-bait-faced lookin' POS :wave:

I, myself, have just lifted a steaming mug a joe to the big ol bahstid.

Still thinking about you babs.
Shoulda had a toaster streudel. Half cooked, of course.:toast:

Update: 8/30/2010

Not a whole lot to report. They successfully removed the breathing and feeding tubes and did the tracheotomy to assist with his breathing. They also inserted a feeding tube directly into his stomach. They are still assisting his breathing and as I mentioned before, he is and has always been initiating each breath on his own. They will now start to ween him off the breathing assistance.

One minor issue is that they think he may be occasionally having, what they're calling, micro seizures. But there is disagreement within his medical team as to whether they are actually micro-seizures at all. Either way, they're giving him some antiseizure meds to get rid of them. While they get this squared away, they'll hold off a few more days before they begin the process of trying to wake him up.

So we're back to waiting. Please keep up the prayers and positive thoughts.

Please be mindful of protecting Jeff's identity. Try not to use his full name when discussing this with others, especially those who don't know him.

Thanks,

Frank

Thanks once again for the updates
Rich

Many a Sammy Blackberry Witbier were consumed in Bab's honor last night. I will keep the torch going this evening.

Father God, I ask Your blessing on Babalu this day, give him progress in his healing, cast out the encephalitis in his system and reduce the swelling of his brain; bless his caregivers through Your Word and new insight into their calling; comfort Babalu's friends and family with Your promise which is Christ Jesus as told in Your Word. May Your Spirit be upon us all this day, and may Your hands hold Babalu close until You are ready to call him home through Christ. In Christ's Name I pray. Amen.

Back