Bills Fire OC, not DC

What a farce. The Bills were able to score points against the Jets, the issue was the defense ffs.

On another thread there was talk about the Bills and their high expectations. I don't get it. They haven't been good for years and apparently still aren't. This kind of thing is a perfect example of why a team like the Bills won't be any good. It starts at the top.

I was just listening to Vic Carucci and he said something to the effect that Roman was "too cautious" with Tyrod, but at the same time Taylor was "too tentative".

While that doesn't exactly illuminate the reasons they fired the guy after a decent offensive night against a pretty good defense-- with the exception of Fatty Revis who not only didn't bother getting himself into top condition coming into the season, but seemed surprised to learn that Marquise Goodwin was an olympic-caliber sprinter.

I mean....I knew that. Lots of people did, but not the 17 Million Dollar Man. He found it out in a big hurry on that 84-yard bomb right over his swelled head.

Apparently, I was wrong about the Bills defense being bad. After thinking about it more, I'm realizing that their defense did hold the Jets to only 37 points. Thus, had their anemic offense been able to score at least 38 points, they probably could have saved the OC's job.

:shrug_n:

The mayhem unfolding on their football forum must be epic.

Looks like Chris Palmer is taking over the job. At least they'll be running more of a 2003 offense now, instead of like, 1943.

Of course, the problem is the offense there. :coffee:

6-10 prediction might have been generous.

Looks like Chris Palmer is taking over the job. At least they'll be running more of a 2003 offense now, instead of like, 1943.

Of course, the problem is the offense there. :coffee:

6-10 prediction might have been generous.

4-12, possibly a 3-13.

Destroying teams is what Wrecks does. He took a team Mangini built to two AFCCGs, and then over the course of 4 years destroyed them.

4-12, possibly a 3-13.

Destroying teams is what Wrecks does. He took a team Mangini built to two AFCCGs, and then over the course of 4 years destroyed them.

I really thought the talent on offense (and they do have a lot of talent on that offense outside of QB), would have carried him for a few more games.

The defense underperforming can be traced right to Rob Ryan, as far as I'm concerned.

There is no way Buffalo should be a 3-13 team. None. Way too much real, actual talent on that team. But, here we are. :coffee:

I really thought the talent on offense (and they do have a lot of talent on that offense outside of QB), would have carried him for a few more games.

The defense underperforming can be traced right to Rob Ryan, as far as I'm concerned.

There is no way Buffalo should be a 3-13 team. None. Way too much real, actual talent on that team. But, here we are. :coffee:

Where is the talent though? They have some, absolutely, but I think it's one of those things that just gets repeated?

It all starts with Taylor and he just not that good. I've listed the reasons many times and won't :donkeys:.

After him they have very little talent on offense. Sammy isn't a franchise wr, more of a luxury. Woods and Clay have about 10 career TDS between them. Last night I said off the top of my head Goodwin had 25 catches in his career and I think I gave him a few lol.

Right side of that oline is very weak.

On defense Dareus has one year of elite play and nothing else. Their linebackers are average at best. Gilmore is a top 15 guy but never been a legit shut down cb. Darby has one good year and was torched last night.

They have converted cb's playing S, which is perfectly fine except neither are starter material.

Their entire team, along with the rest of the East are paper thin in most areas. And they have Rex and Rob coaching together.

So honestly all their "talent" is overrated and hyped up while they have terrible coaching. Rex is literally making the same mistakes he did 5 years ago ... his last winning season.

Also Doug Whaley hasn't done a good job at all. Cap situation and they don't even have a franchise QB. Sammy trade was awful then and now. EJ. Has done nothing after the 2nd round.

Bottom line is they absolutely have to have a full house cleaning.

493 yards given up to the Jets. ROFL Hello Rob

Rex fired the wrong coach. He should have fired himself and Rob.

But it makes little difference. Cardinals and Pats coming up. 0-4 won't sit well with new ownership with all his talking.

Back