Brady gets win 200!

Mazz22

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies.
Reaction score
Felt like this achievement deserved its own thread. Brady won his 200th game yesterday and the Pats won their 500th game as a franchise. Pretty sweet to have both those milestones reached yesterday.

In terms of Brady, here is the list of QBs with the most wins. This list does not include Montana as the list for some reason only begins with QBs that have started since 1981. Montana has 133 wins. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=&alltime=1

What is eye-popping is how many fewer starts/losses Brady has had than the others to get to 200 and counting.

Brady: 200 wins, 61 losses
ManninHGH: 200 wins, 92 losses
Favre: 199 wins, 123 losses
Elway: 162 wins, 89 losses

The next closest guys to Brady who are still playing are Brees with 135 wins, Big Ben with 130 wins and Eli with 113 wins.

Out of all the "records" the ManniHGH knob polishers kept preaching about making ManniHGH "better" than Brady, this is the one that got the biggest laugh out of me.

Brady is going to put this one so far out of reach that the guy who eventually breaks it hasn't even been born yet.

Brady also became only the 5th NFL passer to throw for 60,000 yards during this game!

Out of all the "records" the ManniHGH knob polishers kept preaching about making ManniHGH "better" than Brady, this is the one that got the biggest laugh out of me.

Brady is going to put this one so far out of reach that the guy who eventually breaks it hasn't even been born yet.

Brady did it in 36 less games, as always Peyton is volume records. Its like the basketball player that takes 40 shots to get 45 points.

This gives Brady a 77% winning percentage to Joe's 71%.

but Joe is teh better because he won teh 2 fewer conference championshipsez...

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Brady did it in 36 less games, as always Peyton is volume records. Its like the basketball player that takes 40 shots to get 45 points.

or, as our Jetsbros know him...Carmello Anthony

Felt like this achievement deserved its own thread. Brady won his 200th game yesterday and the Pats won their 500th game as a franchise. Pretty sweet to have both those milestones reached yesterday.

In terms of Brady, here is the list of QBs with the most wins. This list does not include Montana as the list for some reason only begins with QBs that have started since 1981. Montana has 133 wins. http://www.footballdb.com/stats/qb-records.html?type=&alltime=1

What is eye-popping is how many fewer starts/losses Brady has had than the others to get to 200 and counting.

Brady: 200 wins, 61 losses
ManninHGH: 200 wins, 92 losses
Favre: 199 wins, 123 losses
Elway: 162 wins, 89 losses

The next closest guys to Brady who are still playing are Brees with 135 wins, Big Ben with 130 wins and Eli with 113 wins.

He also went over 60,000 yards. 5th all-time. But he's just a system QB. :coffee:

Shit, threw for 60K yards in this game? That's a lot of yard for one game. :spock:

Cheers :toast:

Not only that, but four other QBs threw for 60K yards in that game.

That's 300,000 passing yards in one game. Yet only 39 total points scored. Amazing. :D

Really interesting stuff from his phone spot today as reported by Mike Reiss. As was BB at the presser after the game, Brady was clearly upbeat after coming through a game like that and winning..He's a lot tougher than people think is our Tom, a great example to his teammates.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady was upbeat during his weekly appearance on sports radio WEEI's "Kirk & Callahan" program Monday morning, which seemed to be a result of the team securing its best win of the season despite not having its best performance.

Here are 12 things we learned from No. 12 in the longer-than-the-norm 23-minute conversation:

1. Injured knee in a better place this week: "It’s better than last Monday, so I’m very happy about that ... Hopefully I’ll be feeling a lot better than yesterday come Sunday," Brady said, which highlighted how he was more banged up than many realized at this point last week. Going back and watching him kneel on the ball at the end of the 49ers game shows how he was dealing with pain at that time.

2. "Haven’t had a game like that this year": Players and coaches were elated on the field and then in the locker room after the game. Brady shared his view of what unfolded: "We went out and kind of slugged it out. It wasn’t certainly our best game. We missed plenty of plays early and then got into a little bit of a dogfight. I’m happy we found a way to pull it out at the end. We really haven’t had a game like that this year. It was a great win for us."

3. How does a quarterback show toughness? Brady talked about how important it is to him to be available to the team. "For a quarterback, it’s hard to really show toughness other than being out there every play. I mean, you guys saw what happened when I get out in front of a running back, I can’t do [expletive]," he cracked.

4. Never let the defense know you’re hurt: Explaining his mindset on playing through pain, Brady touched on how he learned from Brian Griese at Michigan, and then Drew Bledsoe with the Patriots. If Brady is hurt on the field, he doesn’t want you to know: "I feel like when you take a big hit, I never sit on the ground, and never want to ever let the defensive players know it hurt or that you felt it. I always want to get up faster than those guys and then kind of re-evaluate as you get back to the huddle."

5. What earns his respect: Brady relayed how he has "so much respect for players who put themselves out there; it’s a tough sport. I love watching documentaries and people pushing their bodies to the limit." He then talked about one of his core beliefs along those lines: "The body can endure a lot if the mind is tough. If you can convince yourself you can do it, then I believe 99 percent of the time you can."

6. Impatience, more than the knee injury, affected his accuracy: After watching the game film Sunday night, Brady disagreed with the thought that his knee injury affected his accuracy. "I thought I was impatient early in the game, just trying to get the ball out of my hands kind of before things developed," he said, highlighting how the team was close on several big plays.

7. No turnovers = 95 percent chance of winning: Brady said that Bill Belichick often relays to the team that when there are no turnovers, there is a 95 percent chance of victory. "That’s been basically our record over the course of many, many years when we don’t turn the ball over," Brady said.

8. Revis looked to be in pain: Brady said Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis is still "very competitive" but that the Patriots made some good catches on him, with Julian Edelman's 24-yard catch on second-and-10 with five minutes to play one critical example. Brady said he noticed Revis wincing in pain at times.

9. Burning a timeout on the first drive: After what appeared to be their initial first down of the game, the Patriots were forced to call timeout, which gave the Jets time to challenge the spot of the would-be first down. The challenge was successful. "That sucked," Brady said. "We thought we had the first down and we were calling a run play. We were a little confused with the look we were getting and took more time than usual and ended up squandering a possession. We could have gone fast to keep the possession. That’s a mental mistake and those things shouldn’t happen."

10. Hard to believe an all-time record of 200-61: "I could never have imagined that. I don’t think anyone could have imagined that," Brady said. "There have been a lot of things over the course of my career where I’ve just been in the right place at the right time. Coming to this team in 2000, and to play for Coach Belichick, who has given me so many opportunities to kind of live my dream ..."

11. Team chemistry in a good place: Brady, 39, shared how his locker is next to two rookies -- Jacoby Brissett and Malcolm Mitchell -- and it helps keep him young. Of the overall team chemistry, he said, "I’m having so much fun. There’s nothing I’d rather do. This has been a great team to play for. The quarterback room is a lot of fun. We laugh. We joke a lot. Everyone is committed to one another; it’s been a very selfless year so far. Guys are very happy when other guys are experiencing some success."

12. Michigan loss stings: A proud Michigan alum, Brady was disappointed in Saturday’s overtime loss to Ohio State. He expressed frustration with the officiating. "If that game is in Ann Arbor, I think it’s a different outcome," Brady said, before looking at the positive. "At least it’s a rivalry again. For so many years, I’ve bet all the guys from Ohio State and I’ve had to pay them for so many years. At least this game was competitive and went down to the end. It was a good game, I wish we would have pulled it out. They made some really great plays at the end, the Buckeyes did. Coach Harbaugh has the team going. It’s going to be a great rivalry for a lot of years."

5. What earns his respect: Brady relayed how he has "so much respect for players who put themselves out there; it’s a tough sport. I love watching documentaries and people pushing their bodies to the limit." He then talked about one of his core beliefs along those lines: "The body can endure a lot if the mind is tough. If you can convince yourself you can do it, then I believe 99 percent of the time you can."

Someone should post this on Gronk's locker.

Back