Brady is Gone

I'm assuming he will be going to another team and not just retiring? He says football journey elsewhere. Many are saying that speech he put on IG/Twitter was not written today or even yesterday, it's been coming for some time.

As soon as I first hear the words "3 years, $90 million", I knew he was gone.

Paying a 43 year old QB $30 million a year when his play is in obvious decline is insanity.

So thanks for the memories, and I hope you don't get killed playing for the Bucs or Chargers.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I don't see why this would be true.

Very true ROFL :clap:

As soon as I first hear the words "3 years, $90 million", I knew he was gone.

Paying a 43 year old QB $30 million a year when his play is in obvious decline is insanity.

So thanks for the memories, and I hope you don't get killed playing for the Bucs or Chargers.

---------- Post added at 09:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 AM ----------

I don't see why this would be true.

Welcome back, Tommy!

TB gave us a ton of great memories and, wow, it was great, wasn't it?
Time to move on and time to reflect. Thank you, Tom Brady!

Oh wow.

Very sad to read this. I thought he'd stay up t yesterday when Reiss said it seems that Brady's heart is not into returning to the team. I thought for Reiss to say that means a lot and way more than Curran or any other reporter.

Thanks for the memories Tom, but I do think this is a mistake on his part.

So it's Bucks or Chargers. Does he really want to go up against Mahomes in that division??

Watching him go against brees twice this year would be fun

There were times through the years when I'd say "Brady probably won't end his career as a Patriot-look at Montana, Unitas, Namath, and recently, Manning". But I'm currently still a bit surprised!

Yes. BB offered what he could several days ago before the CBA was ratified and Brady said thanks but no. Then BB went to work on Slater, DMac and Thuney. Didn't we all know?

Painfully?

Yes.

The second Thuney was signed I knew there just wouldn’t be enough scratch around to field a competitive nevermind market leading offer for TB.

Welcome back, Tommy!

TB gave us a ton of great memories and, wow, it was great, wasn't it?
Time to move on and time to reflect. Thank you, Tom Brady!

Yep. Best who ever did it. The best 4th quarter in SB history...twice. Biggest comeback. Twice.

I'm sure Bucs fans will appreciate those lollipop underthrows to Mike Evans all year. Although I imagine part of him going there will be 'asses in the seats', same for the Chargers if it's there. Those are a couple of teams who have that issue.

No sadness for me, just a lot of amazing memories. I got to witness him play for 20 seasons, sitting in the stands for all of his home games minus a handful along the way.

For the first 40 years of my life, I thought Super Bowls were reserved for other fan bases, 20 years later, I've run out of room in my office for all the Super Bowl artifacts.

On to a new era.

Yep. Best who ever did it. The best 4th quarter in SB history...twice. Biggest comeback. Twice.

I'm sure Bucs fans will appreciate those lollipop underthrows to Mike Evans all year. Although I imagine part of him going there will be 'asses in the seats', same for the Chargers if it's there. Those are a couple of teams who have that issue.

Shirt sales alone will boost the coffers bigtime.

I wonder who my favorite Pats player was in 2000....Troy Brown.

In 2000? It was either Terry Glenn or Lawyer Milloy, I think.

Yeah, they were fun players too. Lawyer Malloy had heart! I can't believe I'm thinking back to 2000. Bledsoe had his good days....but Brady looked good, even in his first action, post-9/11, 2001

Back