Brissett or Garoppolo?

Brissett has some nice tools but Jimmy is going to be a star. Hopefully here, but he will be somewhere.

Have to admit I did not see this start coming from JG.

His release is awesome. Downfield accuracy great. Looks tailor made for Pats offence.

A real nice outing for jacoby would re-ignite this puppy.

Cheers

Who cares about the thread. It would give us not one but TWO QBs to either trade or keep. I mean it does not get any better than that. We will be stock piled at the most important position in the game with a bazillion options for the best GM in the game at his disposal. This stupid suspension could not have worked out any better all around especially if we end up 4-0. :toast:

Who cares about the thread. It would give us not one but TWO QBs to either trade or keep. I mean it does not get any better than that. We will be stock piled at the most important position in the game with a bazillion options for the best GM in the game at his disposal. This stupid suspension could not have worked out any better all around especially if we end up 4-0. :toast:

I've been saying all summer that it would be best for Brady to drop the suspension just to see if Garoppolo could play. Now that we can see he can (and play at a high level), it gives the Patriots a great opportunity to move Jimmy this summer or Brady next summer and really load up on picks for the future. My hope is they keep Garoppolo because I think he's going to be special.

I've been saying all summer that it would be best for Brady to drop the suspension just to see if Garoppolo could play. Now that we can see he can (and play at a high level), it gives the Patriots a great opportunity to move Jimmy this summer or Brady next summer and really load up on picks for the future. My hope is they keep Garoppolo because I think he's going to be special.

This has worked out beautifully. I have no issue with Brady fighting as it was his rep on the line for a bogus made up violation. That being said, this has been awesome. I have no idea what Bill will do but I am fine keeping Jimmy or trading him as I believe the Redskins will give us a king's ransom. The team has already turned on Cousins two weeks in and he is on a prove it one year deal.

This has worked out beautifully. I have no issue with Brady fighting as it was his rep on the line for a bogus made up violation. That being said, this has been awesome. I have no idea what Bill will do but I am fine keeping Jimmy or trading him as I believe the Redskins will give us a king's ransom. The team has already turned on Cousins two weeks in and he is on a prove it one year deal.

Can you imagine what SF would give the Patriots for Tom Brady in the summer of 2017? I would put the feelers out for Jimmy this summer and see what a team (sucker) like Washington or Chicago would offer. I think the Bears would give a bounty for Garoppolo.

Can you imagine what SF would give the Patriots for Tom Brady in the summer of 2017? I would put the feelers out for Jimmy this summer and see what a team (sucker) like Washington or Chicago would offer. I think the Bears would give a bounty for Garoppolo.

I believe that they will also be looking for a new coach next year as well. If it ends up being JMD, I would expect Jimmy to come along with him. They gave up their whole draft a few years ago for RGIII, what do you think they would give for a guy who has actually proven that he can play, and play at a high level? While the 'Skins have multiple weaknesses (D-line is atrocious under the best of circumstances), they have a solid O-line and an outstanding receiving corps. Jimmy could work and work well here.

My guess is that BB will trade Brady, Garoppolo and Brissett for a boatload of picks, all of which will be TEs.

The offense will consists of 10 TEs, and Edelman at QB. AJ Derby will be the backup QB.

:coffee:

My guess is that BB will trade Brady, Garoppolo and Brissett for a boatload of picks, all of which will be TEs.

The offense will consists of 10 TEs, and Edelman at QB. AJ Derby will be the backup QB.

Ridiculous.

Anybody could see that only half those picks will be TEs.

The other half will all be 2nd round safeties that nobody has ever heard of, but are really smart guys that should help out on special teams.

Ridiculous.

Anybody could see that only half those picks will be TEs.

The other half will all be 2nd round safeties that nobody has ever heard of, but are really smart guys that should help out on special teams.

Don't forget the long snapper.

How about Brady to San Fran, JimmyG to da Bears. Keep Brisket and draft another stud in the 6th round. Plus eleventy seven TE's in the next three years.

And a long snapper.

TMZ Sports spoke with Jack Daniels -- Brissett's football coach at Dwyer High School in Florida -- who tells us the rookie signal caller started showing his insane game preparation when he was a freshman.
"He's been through this before," Daniels says. "We were facing one of the best teams in the country and our starter went down. Jacoby came in as a 15-year-old and went 12 for 12."
“I talked to him after the game. He’s excited for the opportunity to play. He’s going to do whatever he can to help this team win. I think he’s going to be a little nervous.”
“He’ll be ready to play. He loves to win. He loves football. He’s a super kid and there’s something about him. He’s a winner and he always finds a way to come out on top.”

http://www.tmz.com/2016/09/20/jacob...aniels/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Brissett broken down on film from his college days.
Well worth a look.

Characteristics of Jacoby Brissett’s game that reveal a relaxed performer, even when things go off kilter.
Rhythm. Feel. Poise. Soft skills matter in player evaluation–especially when that player is the functional leader of the offense. Successful quarterback play requires the integration of rote technique, strategic mastery of the opposition, athletic ability, the ability to adjust in the moment, and the resilience to overcome mistakes.​
Jacoby Brissett hasn’t mastered the quarterback position–few have. But Brissett displays a comfort level in uncomfortable situations that even more technically sound and productive college passers fail to do. This 15-minute video covering three plays against Clemson illustrates Brissett’s underlying soft skills that bolster the tangible techniques, decisions, and production seen in these clips.

<iframe width="1024" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/19O4slGJNFk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="1024" height="600" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Xj4zySxPsJo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back