bs thread

How are they laughable? Was his fumbling not an issue? I like Ridley and wish him the best sans the 2 games against the Patriots. I feel like he was a breath of fresh air after the Maroney and BJGE times, but his fumbling was a problem. Maybe it was less of a problem than AP's, but he isn't Adrian freaking Peterson, and the Patriots value ball security above everything else IMO. Maybe we were just spoiled by Lawfirm's 0 fumbles in his time here

I honestly don't think it was an issue. I made a comment above that they were only an issue because Belichick made it obvious to the fans by benching him. He had considerably less fumbles in his carries than many other RBs. I saw a chart this morning somewhere on Twitter, and I was flabbergasted at the numbers for other backs.

Reactions: Joe
I honestly don't think it was an issue. I made a comment above that they were only an issue because Belichick made it obvious to the fans by benching him. He had considerably less fumbles in his carries than many other RBs. I saw a chart this morning somewhere on Twitter, and I was flabbergasted at the numbers for other backs.

Maybe the whole BJGE "era" spoiled us then. I don't know, I never found Vereen, Blount, Woodhead, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, or whoever to have the fumbling problems that Ridley *seemed* to have. Maybe it's because none of them were as productive as Ridley on the ground so his fumbles were magnified more. I would've really liked to see one more year of Ridley at least, at full health. Wish him the best, but I will boo my face off at him when they're playing the Pats (if that's ok with Tommy :coffee:)

Is this what patriotsplanet is all about? You guys can have it. I just gave my opinion of how I felt about a player, and I have to put up with this shit. Are there really 'moderators' on this site? This guy should have been assclowned long ago. I just happen to like the Patriots, and I like commenting about them. But really, you guys can have it.

Saying you're glad Ridley's gone ("Don't let the door hit you on the way out" was your quote) when the guy had one of the best seasons by a running back in team history...and then in the next breath saying you had a "bad omen" in 2007 when a 3rd-string RB went down for the year...

Intimating that you thought Sammy ****ing Morris was more valuable than Stevan Ridley, because he fumbled that time that you remember, and somehow forget the fumbles (And the MISSED BLOCK THAT COST BRADY A SEASON) that Sammy Morris had - just because you buy into the nonsensical narrative that "he's a fumbler", when he doesn't fumble any more than anyone else comparable - yes, makes you a toolbag on this issue.

Also, why can you give your opinion on a player, and I can't give one? Why are you allowed to perpetuate a myth without being able to say "Hey, that's not how it actually is"?

Why aren't you assclowned for being a sycophantic pink hat, where nothing is wrong, and every player that leaves is a genius move by the management?

You and I have agreed a lot more than we've disagreed on this site, but if you can't handle someone correcting your myth with actual facts, then maybe messageboards aren't for you.

TommyD420 and his gang have been out of control with the unchecked condescension for quite some time. TBH, I am a little surprised there hasn't been some sort of back channel warnings and subsequent decrease in attack posts. But alas.....

Attack posts? Guy, you've attacked me far more than I've ever attacked you.

What say YOU mods? Are you ok with the beat downs and rub outs? The "agree with me or be embarrassed" attitudes?

ROFL "Beatdowns and Rubouts"

For every insightful post by AWTE others there is at least another of the ilk Steve1 was subjected to above. It has once again become hard to come here for anything more than team move updates.

I am not a shy guy by any means but even I don't respond with my take on the Pats much (if at all) as it isn't worth the rath of the TD420/Lisa/MD gang. Heavens knows that if they don't say it, it needs to be thrashed.

You chased me in every single post over something that I said about Bill Belichick that I didn't even say...for 4 full months. You also chased me into the gameday chat.

That's an absolute, documented fact.

The lack of perspective in this post would be stunning, if I hadn't have read your posts in other places. As it stands, it's about par for the course.

Can we keep the gang/put down mentality to the ACA and the political thread where they belong?

:***:

You're either incredibly naive or disingenuous if you can actually sit there and claim that you don't attempt to ringlead the "gang" mentality in the Political thread - which, according to the rules, isn't supposed to happen either.

If you want, go to Wordpress, start a blog, and type "I love Bill Belichick" 10,000 times with a background of sunshine, puppy dogs and rainbows.

It's clear this is what you want in a messageboard. Because what's the point if we're all just going to have one giant circlejerk about how awesome the Patriots are, if we can never disagree, never complain, never call out people with agendas, and never be able to call a dope a dope, or a toolbag a toolbag.

If "dope" and "toolbag" really hurt you that badly that you have to cry to mommy about it? I suggest you unplug your internet connection, and throw your computer into the middle of the Southeast Expressway - because you're going to have a really, really sad time on the internet otherwise.

German Patriot said:
No he doesn't. Blount will earn a little less than $1M as well.

Then I stand corrected, Belichick didn't **** up. He's consistent. Needless to say, I was very surprised Ridley signed for that little. Thank you.

Maybe the whole BJGE "era" spoiled us then. I don't know, I never found Vereen, Blount, Woodhead, Sammy Morris, Fred Taylor, or whoever to have the fumbling problems that Ridley *seemed* to have. Maybe it's because none of them were as productive as Ridley on the ground so his fumbles were magnified more. I would've really liked to see one more year of Ridley at least, at full health. Wish him the best, but I will boo my face off at him when they're playing the Pats (if that's ok with Tommy :coffee:)

As will I. I would have liked him here this season, though. As much as I like Blount, he doesn't have the burst that Ridley had, if he still has it after his injury. I had read somewhere that Gray actually had surgery in the offseason, so that made me think that perhaps he wasn't benched and forgotten about but was actually pretty injured. We'll have to wait and see what happens with him, I guess.

Saying you're glad Ridley's gone ("Don't let the door hit you on the way out" was your quote) when the guy had one of the best seasons by a running back in team history...and then in the next breath saying you had a "bad omen" in 2007 when a 3rd-string RB went down for the year...

Intimating that you thought Sammy ****ing Morris was more valuable than Stevan Ridley, because he fumbled that time that you remember, and somehow forget the fumbles (And the MISSED BLOCK THAT COST BRADY A SEASON) that Sammy Morris had - just because you buy into the nonsensical narrative that "he's a fumbler", when he doesn't fumble any more than anyone else comparable - yes, makes you a toolbag on this issue.

Also, why can you give your opinion on a player, and I can't give one? Why are you allowed to perpetuate a myth without being able to say "Hey, that's not how it actually is"?

Why aren't you assclowned for being a sycophantic pink hat, where nothing is wrong, and every player that leaves is a genius move by the management?

You and I have agreed a lot more than we've disagreed on this site, but if you can't handle someone correcting your myth with actual facts, then maybe messageboards aren't for you.

You chased me in every single post over something that I said about Bill Belichick that I didn't even say...for 4 full months. You also chased me into the gameday chat.

The lack of perspective in this post would be stunning, if I hadn't have read your posts in other places. As it stands, it's about par for the course.

You're either incredibly naive or disingenuous if you can actually sit there and claim that you don't attempt to ringlead the "gang" mentality in the Political thread - which, according to the rules, isn't supposed to happen either.

If you want, go to Wordpress, start a blog, and type "I love Bill Belichick" 10,000 times with a background of sunshine, puppy dogs and rainbows.

It's clear this is what you want in a messageboard. Because what's the point if we're all just going to have one giant circlejerk about how awesome the Patriots are, if we can never disagree, never complain, never call out people with agendas, and never be able to call a dope a dope, or a toolbag a toolbag.

If "dope" and "toolbag" really hurt you that badly that you have to cry to mommy about it? I suggest you unplug your internet connection, and throw your computer into the middle of the Southeast Expressway - because you're going to have a really, really sad time on the internet otherwise.

Then I stand corrected, Belichick didn't **** up. He's consistent. Needless to say, I was very surprised Ridley signed for that little. Thank you.

Drop the mic.

Geez went on a business trip and missed a fine exchange of views. Maybe the Assclown Olympics idea will work yet.

Geez went on a business trip and missed a fine exchange of views. Maybe the Assclown Olympics idea will work yet.

Part of it is people are suddenly becoming assclowns and defiant to views of other people on this board. People are to stubborn to admit their may be a second, third optio ln. The lock in on one receiver and throw an INT, I call it a MANNING - shitting oneself when the pressure is one.

BUT that goes both ways, many posters here, with both long and short resumes, seem to think they are beyond being questioned, that they always make the proper read. That they are looking off the safety when the truth is they are acting like TO doing situps in their driveway. Out of control and talking nonesense.

We can all disagree, just seems some people feel above being questioned and have been behaving similarly to the new assclowns. This is not a tone it down, or anything like that but this place is going to lose members if the acts keep up, i am getting plenty of complaints and it is then i have to get serious, something i really hate doing.

So do all of us a favor, moderate yourselves, and stop ganging up on anyone who disagrees with you. All it does is extend the bullshit into 8 to 10 pages of poor posting.

So enjoy the day and stop being dicks to each other

Thanks

Mikie

Sorry, but if anyone thinks what Tommy has to say is a beatdown, you've got some really thin skin. He's a to-the-point guy, has massive amounts of football knowledge, and pretty much says it like it is.

Seriously, have you guys ever tried other message boards? You want more moderation? Go to some of the other prison sites where you can't say jack shit without getting banned. Get over yourselves.

Those that think we have a "gang" going need to seriously grow up. I have a mind of my own. Dave has a mind of his own. And I don't even know Tommy other than on here and pretty much respect his responses to every incorrect or arbitrary comment that people make. I've learned a lot from him. So what is it? We have to change our personalities because some of you can't deal with it?

Absolute nonsense. Grow some, will ya?

To my point.

Tommy, you are a keyboard bully. That is my opinion. I am not sure why you act this way but you do.

Can you at least try to stop?

Be careful, that might be considered criteria for "gang mentality."

Jesus Effing Christ, some people will sit around and listen to the drivel from the likes of Tony for pages on end, but they want to call me a bully? Seriously, what the fvck?

Dude goes on a lunatic fringe rant in the PF, and then comes here and says some of us are rude? I mean, what is this, kindergarten? Running to the teacher because you're getting picked on?

You are what you are Lisa. I won't try to make a point of it as you do it better than anyone could.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks what Tommy has to say is a beatdown, you've got some really thin skin. He's a to-the-point guy, has massive amounts of football knowledge, and pretty much says it like it is.

Seriously, have you guys ever tried other message boards? You want more moderation? Go to some of the other prison sites where you can't say jack shit without getting banned. Get over yourselves.

Those that think we have a "gang" going need to seriously grow up. I have a mind of my own. Dave has a mind of his own. And I don't even know Tommy other than on here and pretty much respect his responses to every incorrect or arbitrary comment that people make. I've learned a lot from him. So what is it? We have to change our personalities because some of you can't deal with it?

Absolute nonsense. Grow some, will ya?

We want less of your bullying.

No. We are grown adults with opinions. We get to have them even if they are different from yours.

Nope. You just don't get to be a jerk to people. Simple as that. How/why did you think your behavior was normal?

Tommy, you are a keyboard bully. That is my opinion. I am not sure why you act this way but you do.

Can you at least try to stop?

You chased me post after post on this board for 4 months over something I didn't say. I never even acknowledged you.

You followed me into the gameday chat to do the same thing. Other people saw you do it.

But I'm the keyboard bully.

Ignore my posts from now on, or better yet, put me on ignore. Perhaps it will ease whatever obsession you have with me.

I will go back to what I was doing before - not responding to your posts.

I hope you find a way to deal with your fixation.

Part of it is people are suddenly becoming assclowns and defiant to views of other people on this board. People are to stubborn to admit their may be a second, third optio ln. The lock in on one receiver and throw an INT, I call it a MANNING - shitting oneself when the pressure is one.

BUT that goes both ways, many posters here, with both long and short resumes, seem to think they are beyond being questioned, that they always make the proper read. That they are looking off the safety when the truth is they are acting like TO doing situps in their driveway. Out of control and talking nonesense.

We can all disagree, just seems some people feel above being questioned and have been behaving similarly to the new assclowns. This is not a tone it down, or anything like that but this place is going to lose members if the acts keep up, i am getting plenty of complaints and it is then i have to get serious, something i really hate doing.

So do all of us a favor, moderate yourselves, and stop ganging up on anyone who disagrees with you. All it does is extend the bullshit into 8 to 10 pages of poor posting.

So enjoy the day and stop being dicks to each other

Thanks

Mikie

I disagree with this post.

:)

Well, since I was the first to be called out for stalking Tony, I'm glad to see the heat has transferred to you and Spacecrime.

ROFL

Guy's got a bit of a persecution complex, huh? Everyone is out to get him. Or maybe he's just paranoid. Then again, he does have some delusions of grandeur mixed in. In fact, he's the stuff psychologists' dreams are made of.

You already openly admitted that you followed me around to troll me.

Your act is obvious to everyone. If I'm so awful, please do me and everyone else a favor and put me on ignore so we don't have to deal with your 5th grade style rants and obsessions. You don't contribute anything, you don't even attempt to contribute anything football related. In my time here I've seen you post about football maybe 4 or 5 times. Everything else has been some kind of ridiculous little-man complex where you're trying to establish how great you are while simultaneously attacking others.

At least with these other people when they go out of their way to contradict me, they're talking actual football. You're just being a 12 year old tool bag internet forum bad ass because I was the new guy, saw you act like an idiot, and called you out on it instead of joining the circle jerk of congratulating each other of being masters of an internet forum.

You were wrong. Someone knew something you didn't. It happens to everyone. Instead of hanging on to it and wanting vengeance, maybe it's time to let it go and move on and stop carrying a grudge.

Holy crap.

Just a bit full of youself, aintcha?

Well when you give me this much attention, my ego is going to inflate a bit, sure. If you really dislike me that much, do us all a favor (and yourself) and put me on ignore. Please. This idiotic rage fests that keep coming up derail threads and make them about how much you obsess over me instead of football. I came here to discuss Patriots not be crowned your king and savior. Please, just tone it down a bit.

i have had a feeling about yhis from the day the retirement was announced... he wants out if SF and the chaos and retired instead of playing in that defense suddenly missing pieces.

I'm not sure of the exact rules but I'm guessing there has to be something against this. I don't think you can claim retirement just to get off a team and become a free agent and go to another team, there has to be something against that.

this is not what we are looking for and obviously you were on a short leash to begin with so I am finally fed up. You can't say you were not warned and you can't claim it was one poster. You seems to seek the negative and while I am sure you will lurk to see what is said about you, all I say is good Riddence
Do you follow me around just to make things up?

Hightower and Mayo are both going to be starting the season coming off major surgeries. Mayo is also likely gone next season. It's not unreasonable to be looking for a guy who can start. It's just idiotic to cut Mayo with no legitimate backup option and praying some "4th round run stuffer" will turn out to be a legitimate NFL player which was the actual argument that I disputed.

If the Patriots knew they could draft two good LBs in the draft Mayo's release would likely be a done deal (and even then I'm not sold it's worth cutting him). But this isn't Madden. You can't just reset the game when your draft goes badly and the chances of drafting even one good starting LB without wasting one of our top 2 picks is very very very low. Our issues at DT, G, and CB are far too big to go spending a top pick on a backup LB.
I am a mayo backer but you and I both have no clue if Mayo can return so maybe cutting him, without backup, it the corrrect move - In Bill We Trust (IBWT)

You've spent more time obsessing over me, personally. I enjoy the attention you're giving me babe, but it's starting to appear you have a real problem. I'm going to stick to football, you can run for president of the tony fanboy club if you want but stop harassing me.
You never stick to football, it is a vehicle to attack

You already openly admitted that you followed me around to troll me.

Your act is obvious to everyone. If I'm so awful, please do me and everyone else a favor and put me on ignore so we don't have to deal with your 5th grade style rants and obsessions. You don't contribute anything, you don't even attempt to contribute anything football related. In my time here I've seen you post about football maybe 4 or 5 times. Everything else has been some kind of ridiculous little-man complex where you're trying to establish how great you are while simultaneously attacking others.

At least with these other people when they go out of their way to contradict me, they're talking actual football. You're just being a 12 year old tool bag internet forum bad ass because I was the new guy, saw you act like an idiot, and called you out on it instead of joining the circle jerk of congratulating each other of being masters of an internet forum.

You were wrong. Someone knew something you didn't. It happens to everyone. Instead of hanging on to it and wanting vengeance, maybe it's time to let it go and move on and stop carrying a grudge.
hope you got your agenda out, day one to today you have been singularly driven to make some posters life miserable.

I apologize to the members here, my intentions when I polled to release him were good but obviously it was an unwise decision.

I try not to cast the 1st stone but enjoy casting the last.

Back