Burfict

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Is there a Burfict thread yet?

Anyway, on top of the NFL now deciding to look into his launch at Martellus' legs, which it clearly was, the All-22 film shows him Suh-stomping Blount's legs, for which LG got up, pushed Burfict, and was flagged. Click to start the video.

Why is this guy still in the league? He should get, at minimum, a 4-game suspension for the two egregious plays, or more.

<blockquote class="twitter-video" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Video: From coaches film (courtesy NFL), watch Vontaze Burfict (55) deliberately step on Blount's leg after TD. <a href="https://t.co/wtTPqy3XHP">pic.twitter.com/wtTPqy3XHP</a></p>— Mike Reiss (@MikeReiss) <a href="https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/788157960010825728">October 17, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That makes 2 dirty plays in 1 game.

#Integrity

The fans (where I was, anyway) were cheering the taunting by Gronk. It was warranted then cheered louder when Gronk came back on the field. That is a dirty, dirty team. BB also gave Lewis a big FU! by not taking a knee to end the game, like he usually would.

Thanks to Burfect, Gronk has awoken from his coma and is playing with passion again. That is the only good thing to come from the POS. I am expecting him to be a beast the rest of the season.

Thanks to Burfect, Gronk has awoken from his coma and is playing with passion again. That is the only good thing to come from the POS. I am expecting him to be a beast the rest of the season.

Did you miss the game last week? Gronk awoke when Brady started playing in games again.

Curious to see if anything at all happens to this POS.

Because, well.....Patriots.

Did you miss the game last week? Gronk awoke when Brady started playing in games again.

Brady threaded the needle to Gronk on several passes Sunday. It was a joy to watch. The two of them together is as exciting as Moss/Brady IMO.

Brady threaded the needle to Gronk on several passes Sunday. It was a joy to watch. The two of them together is as exciting as Moss/Brady IMO.

The touchdown pass was exquisite, flat out one of Tom's best. And for all gifts, the one I admire most in gronk is his ability to catch balls a a hair above the turf, with two hands, effortlessly, without having to go to ground Even though he did go to ground here, he's a human vacuum cleaner.

Cheers

The touchdown pass was exquisite, flat out one of Tom's best. And for all gifts, the one I admire most in gronk is his ability to catch balls a a hair above the turf, with two hands, effortlessly, without having to go to ground Even though he did go to ground here, he's a human vacuum cleaner.

Cheers

I agree. That was beautiful. Gronk is one of those rare players that every time he catches the ball you hold your breath as you anticipate him breaking tackles and getting to the end zone. Moss was similar although with him you just expected that he would outrun everyone else which he usually did. Just a joy to watch guys like that go to work with Brady.

Most of the so-called experts say they expect a fine and no suspension.

That makes no sense to me seeing that he is a repeat offender. But the fact that it makes no sense probably means that it is exactly what will happen.

Most of the so-called experts say they expect a fine and no suspension.

Sending a clear message from Goodel regarding the suspension of all major defensive infractions in effect when Tom's on the field.

Cheers, BostonTim

To not suspend him would be ridiculous, especially for a league that has been beating the 'player safety' drum extra hard lately.

Is there a Burfict thread yet?

Anyway, on top of the NFL now deciding to look into his launch at Martellus' legs, which it clearly was, the All-22 film shows him Suh-stomping Blount's legs, for which LG got up, pushed Burfict, and was flagged. Click to start the video.

Why is this guy still in the league? He should get, at minimum, a 4-game suspension for the two egregious plays, or more.

I'm sorry, but a few cheap shots doesn't effect the integrity of the game in the same way that it being more probable than not that you were generally aware of deflated footballs.

A small fine should be sufficient.

:coffee:

Sternly written letter from the Commish should do the trick

That outta learn them :coffee:

#Integrity

No suspension for Burfict for what the law might call "clear and convincing evidence" in multiple angles of videos for two egregious acts with intent to harm.

We don't know if there are any fines, since he wasn't flagged for the acts. What we do know, however, is that Julian Edelman has received a $9100 fine for a face mask, for which he wasn't flagged but the defender was for grabbing Jules' facemask and dragging him by it. We haven't heard about a fine for him yet. Just Jules.

Open season on the Patriots. Cut them at the back of the knees, stomp on their Achilles, do whatever you want, no suspensions will be forthcoming.

Edit: Breaking news: Burfict fined $75k for his stomping LG.

Should be another 75k for the back of the knee launch on Marty. I doubt it, though.

Edit: No fine for the knee launch on Marty.

#Integrity

No surprise on Burfict getting off easy on one dirty act and scot free on the other. Double standard still reigns! And BB's fine for dissing Microsoft will probably be higher.

Back