Cam Newton BENCHED for dress code violation

Rivera did him a favor. That 40-7 loss technically goes on Anderson's resume now

I was thinking it was this the other night, damn you Ron!!

I personally am not a fan of these Barbershop Quartet looks he is pulling off but he is stylish and it is more important to look Marvelous than to feel marvelous.

I guess there are no clothing stores where they were. :rolleyes:
You can't expect someone like Cam Newton to simply buy clothes off the rack.

:shake:

They need to be tailor made.

:coffee:

The thing is, Newton has been doing this all along, and Rivera didn't give a shit when his team was 15-1.

Doing a 180 and suddenly playing the hardass when your team sucks, is usually the beginning of the end for a coach. :coffee:

Which is a really great point. If they were rolling then this never happens.

Carolina going 15-1 last year was the fluke of the century.

The only reason it happened was because Newton is such a good runner and physical beast that he could get himself out of jams and still handle the hits it took to do so longer than anybody else could have, but that ship has now sailed and Newton will never have another comparable season. He barely survived 2015 playing that way and it'll never happen again.

Having said that, it wasn't like he was sporting a tee shirt with a ripped pocket. Making NFL players wear ties is a stupid rule. Ties suck. I can't stand the fvcking things, but that doesn't mean Newton wasn't a dick to not go along with it.

Somebody wants to pay me millions of dollars and I'll sleep with one on.

Which is a really great point. If they were rolling then this never happens.

Carolina going 15-1 last year was the fluke of the century.

The only reason it happened was because Newton is such a good runner and physical beast that he could get himself out of jams and still handle the hits it took to do so longer than anybody else could have, but that ship has now sailed and Newton will never have another comparable season. He barely survived 2015 playing that way and it'll never happen again.

Having said that, it wasn't like he was sporting a tee shirt with a ripped pocket. Making NFL players wear ties is a stupid rule. Ties suck. I can't stand the fvcking things, but that doesn't mean Newton wasn't a dick to not go along with it.

Somebody wants to pay me millions of dollars and I'll sleep with one on.

Did you not read your brother's article???

:Ohbaby::Ohbaby:
2472758156.gif
:Ohbaby:

The thing is, Newton has been doing this all along, and Rivera didn't give a shit when his team was 15-1.

Doing a 180 and suddenly playing the hardass when your team sucks, is usually the beginning of the end for a coach. :coffee:
I've read other opinions that are similar, but one thing we don't know is if the players have different home and road dress codes. some do. that's why sometimes you will see a qb looking casual at his postgame, and sometimes suited and booted.
I can't believe cam would have been benched for going to a "scrip club" in and of itself though. maybe if he broke curfew?

i've read other opinions that are similar, but one thing we don't know is if the players have different home and road dress codes. Some do. That's why sometimes you will see a qb looking casual at his postgame, and sometimes suited and booted.
I can't believe cam would have been benched for going to a "scrip club" in and of itself though. Maybe if he broke curfew?
or arrived and took the good strippers away from the coaches in the other room...

I've read other opinions that are similar, but one thing we don't know is if the players have different home and road dress codes. some do. that's why sometimes you will see a qb looking casual at his postgame, and sometimes suited and booted.
I can't believe cam would have been benched for going to a "scrip club" in and of itself though. maybe if he broke curfew?
Perhaps Rivera was looking for a little more focus on football from his star QB and reigning MVP given the season was spiraling out of control. A tie, a strip club, whatever. Newton often wonders why he is not treated in the media the same as the Brady's and Brees' and this is why.

This really isn't that hard. The quarterback position is that of leadership. If he isn't following the rules, why does anyone else? Team sports work this way.

Does anyone think anyone has to explain this to Tom?

Cam needs to grow up a bit IMO, seems he's more worried about things other than winning.

Back