Carson Palmer to Raiders

The raiders are insane to pull this move, wasn't it reported that campbell might be back 8 weeks from now? meanwhile during those 8 weeks the raiders play teams like the dolphins, chiefs, and vikings, even with boller at QB they would have a good chance of winning those games thus keeping them in the playoff race until campbell gets back.

I wonder how Campbell feels about this.

I've always liked Carson, and it's too bad that he never recovered his form after that knee injury. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing him find success in Oakland. Obviously they are overpaying for him big time, but Campbell is a seriously mediocre QB anyway so I'm happy to see Caron get another shot. Hopefully, for himself and the Raiders, he makes the most of it.

Considering how poorly Palmer has played for a few years now, your closing line if very debatable.

Hell, even if Palmer does come in and play well, he probably only has 2-3 more years left and then Oakland needs to start all over again without the infusion of top end speed.

All in all, I'd say this move is going in the wrong direction.

If it's a one-year rental (and yes, the price for that rental is way too high) to keep them competitive until/if Campbell comes back late in the season, then it makes more sense as a move... If Palmer can step in, get going fairly quickly, and yeah, with their weak upcoming schedule he should help win them some games, keep them in the running for the division...

They may regret this move in coming drafts, but then thats standard Raider M.O. anyway ROFL

I agree that this is a good move for the Raiders...ASIDE from the two 1st round picks...that is just silly! :with:

Considering how poorly Palmer has played for a few years now, your closing line is very debatable.

Hell, even if Palmer does come in and play well, he probably only has 2-3 more years left and then Oakland needs to start all over again without the infusion of top end speed.

I agree with all of this. Hue Jackson is totally handcuffed now - no way to build your team up with young, new players in the next year or two. You can acquire free agents, but they are generally 1.) expensive and 2.) not successful. They may be successful this year, but not successful enough to justify the move. I think as the next two years go along, it will begin to look worse and worse.

Horrible move, IMO. But hey, that's the Raiders :shrug:

I agree with all of this. Hue Jackson is totally handcuffed now - no way to build your team up with young, new players in the next year or two. You can acquire free agents, but they are generally 1.) expensive and 2.) not successful. They may be successful this year, but not successful enough to justify the move. I think as the next two years go along, it will begin to look worse and worse.

Horrible move, IMO. But hey, that's the Raiders :shrug:

They'll probably see some speedster falling into the 3rd round and come calling offering up their 2013 2nd rounder in exchange.

I doubt Bill is sad to see this move happen.

I haven't checked any Rats sites yet, but considering the compensation that the Bengals got, I wonder how long it is before the is a thread at JI or GG wondering how much the Rats can get for the Sanchize. There are already grumblings about whether the Sanchize is the answer for them.

I'm selling my 2,000 sq ft home if anyone's interested. I'm asking for a mere kabillion dollars.

PM me if interested.

:coffee:

Considering how poorly Palmer has played for a few years now, your closing line is very debatable.

Looking only at the Palmer deal, I agree that's the wrong direction. Overall, the Raiders have turned their program around over the last 2-3 years. That was my point. The economics of this deal have BB chuckling to himself and Mike Brown is laughing out loud at how well this turned out for the Bengals. The Raiders bailed him out in huge way.

The Raiders have given up their 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th round picks but don't forget they will get compensatory picks for Asomugha, Gallery and one other I can't remember right now minus Kevin Boss. Asomugha should bring them a 3rd, Gallery a 5th and the 3rd guy will probably be equal to Boss' cost to them. That's not how our FO would rationalize the deal, but I can see Oakland seeing it that way.

Wonder if there were other teams making offers on Palmer, and driving up the price.

BB shoulda called Al Davis 2 weeks ago and offered up Hoyer. We coulda gotten their next 25 first rounders. :sulk:

tumblr_lraawfdFlL1qbbz06o2_400.gif

I mean if this was a team in the raiders that had a great defense and great running game (which they do) and all they needed was a legit QB to make a serious run at the SB this year then it would make sense, almost like the Vikes in 09 with Favre, but the raiders are a borderline playoff team at best in the pathetic AFC West.

It is MINDNUMBING how STUPID the Raiders are. If they were on the cusp of winning a banner, this 'could' make sense. A first and, possibly a second first rounder for a guy who was retired and never won a damn thing? Holy smokes.

Bungles fans must be dancing in the streets. They will get at least a 1st and second, maybe 2 firsts, for someone who wasn't going to play anyway.

This may end up being the greatest fleecing in the history of the NFL.

The Bungles have a top 5 defense. They are in line to boost their offense and be a contender in the next 2-3 years.

Of course, I'm assuming no one currently on their roster goes to jail for the next 2-3 years.

Back