Cheap Shot of the Decade: Dante Wesley on Clifton Smith

A.) I did see the play - many many times.
B.) A fair catch was NOT called
C.) this hit isn't even as bad as Lewis's hit on Ochocinco last week (in which Ray Ray lead with his helmet and hit Chad's head). And he only got a fine of $25k.

Would you people please get off your high horses? A life time ban? Are you freaking kidding me? 25k fine and 1 game suspension...same as Eric Smith got last year on the Jets...

My point about it "only being early and launching" was in response to the lifetime ban/5 game suspensions...this hit was relatively mild, IMO. It really doesn't even look like he hits him that hard..and yes..I am serious.

Jeeze.

Jeeze is right...what does the bolded part have to do with it? He was waiting to catch the ball WHICH HAD NOT ARRIVED YET....Then launched himself at his HEAD!

Let me guess thats your team?

I'd be like

Corby_Statue_Gettysburg.jpg
Dead? Pledging Allegiance? Cannot tell a lie?

WTF?

Would you people please get off your high horses? A life time ban? Are you freaking kidding me? 25k fine and 1 game suspension...same as Eric Smith got last year on the Jets...

My point about it "only being early and launching" was in response to the lifetime ban/5 game suspensions...this hit was relatively mild, IMO. It really doesn't even look like he hits him that hard..and yes..I am serious.

This happens a couple times a year in the NFL and this is the first outcry I remember....what makes this one so damn special?

Jeeze.
I never called for a lifetime ban, hell I think 25 grand is a nice start so I am not on a high horse...in fact in my opinion you are with this calling out of such - trying to be the disruptive ass in the thread...the guy is cheap...Ray Ray gets away with it as he is a name player...this guy is a scrub, lucky to in the NFL still...he sucks plain and simple and is only on the team because of acts like this

his fine will be greater than Ray rays, double is what I expect with no time suspended

but I suspect he will keep his head on a swivel as many players, who are not cheap like that Clark fool in Pitt, will be ready to express their opinion on the hit by laying him out.

Jeeze is right...what does the bolded part have to do with it? He was waiting to catch the ball WHICH HAD NOT ARRIVED YET....Then launched himself at his HEAD!

Let me guess thats your team?

An earlier response said that he had called a fair catch - i was pointing out the inaccuracy.

Again - this happens a handful of times every NFL season - Returner getting crunched before he catch's the ball - yet I have never heard ANYONE call for the guys head...

What makes this one so offensive?

An earlier response said that he had called a fair catch - i was pointing out the inaccuracy.

Again - this happens a handful of times every NFL season - Returner getting crunched before he catch's the ball - yet I have never heard ANYONE call for the guys head...

What makes this one so offensive?

Find one piece of evidence remotely like this from last year, or the year prior.

If it "happens every year" it shouldn't be that hard.

Find one piece of evidence remotely like this from last year, or the year prior.

If it "happens every year" it shouldn't be that hard.

How the hell would I go about finding citations for what amounts to a maybe 2 plays a year.

Hey, maybe its once ever 2 years - the point doesn't change - this has happend in the past - you are telling me you have never seen this happen? An over zealous gunner takes a nice shot to early?

How the hell would I go about finding citations for what amounts to a maybe 2 plays a year.

Hey, maybe its once ever 2 years - the point doesn't change - this has happend in the past - you are telling me you have never seen this happen? An over zealous gunner takes a nice shot to early?

Well there is the problem right there...you think launching your self off your feet into a players head is a "nice shot to early".

So if someone breaks a 2X4 off the back of someones head when they aren't looking you think it is a "great shot"??? (rather than a COWARD that sucker punched someone yet gets up screaming how Bad A*s he is...)

The guy wasn't even looking...if was "just being early" he could have leveled him but hitting him in the chest...but he left his feet and launched himself purposely at his HEAD.

You say you have seen it many times...yet you cannot grasp this point????

you know when those pesky chipmunks come running from the low growth along the sides of the road and runs like right to the middle and then stops when he hears your car coming and then turns to keep going across the street safely but for some stupid reason turns and goes back on your side of the road and you can still avoid him w/ a slight turn of the wheel?

I bet you jack that little mofo up running right the F ovah him anyway dont'cha?

bastid

C.) this hit isn't even as bad as Lewis's hit on Ochocinco last week (in which Ray Ray lead with his helmet and hit Chad's head). And he only got a fine of $25k.

This happens a couple times a year in the NFL and this is the first outcry I remember....what makes this one so damn special?

Jeeze.

Carolina acted like it was 'special'...

Launched himself helmet to helmet at full speed at a defenseless player. 50 or 100k and at least 4 games is what he should get. What the league will probably give him is 25k and no games.

<<
A fair catch was NOT called
>>

Doesn't matter, still have to wait for the guy to catch the ball.

Jeeze.

You are such a dickhead that you don't even deserve to WATCH football, let alone talk about it.

A fair catch WAS called.....NOW LISTEN UP CLOSELY....a fair catch was called. Wesley launched himself on a defenseless player. He deserves a suspension of substantial length.

And as far as high horses, I like sitting up here. You want to get me off my perch, come visit me.

Fvcking maggot.

You are such a dickhead that you don't even deserve to WATCH football, let alone talk about it.

A fair catch WAS called.....NOW LISTEN UP CLOSELY....a fair catch was called. Wesley launched himself on a defenseless player. He deserves a suspension of substantial length.

And as far as high horses, I like sitting up here. You want to get me off my perch, come visit me.

Fvcking maggot.

:clap:

It seems like the league is handing out fines this year like Halloween candy. I think when a player is ejected from a game a one-game suspension should accompany the fine.

Chad Clifton was the OLman that got cheap shotted by Warren Sapp as I recall, right?

Maybe the name is just a big target or something? That was another doozy, and cost him the season.

Back